Non-vendorable items (tier/pvp)

I ran a bit of a search for a topic like this, so I apologize if it's already been brought up. This has been bothering me more lately as I see more and more useless drops in places like Vault.
    Has Blizz ever commented or used any logic behind why tier/pvp items can't be sold to vendors? Do they not think they should be worth anything but to be deleted once they're replaced?
    Just wondering how the community feels on this topic. I suppose the only argument would be that if they were worth anything that people would roll for things they don't need just to vendor them, but the same can be said for the countless number of epics that are non-tier and CAN be sold. So, yeah. I'm in need of some logic here.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Non-vendorable items (tier/pvp)

You can disenchant Tier Gear.

Pvp gear is (normally) bought with honor/arena points, and you can't sell ANY of the items bought with some special currency.

yeah, I know they can be disenchanted, but not everyone is an enchanter.

The reason they won't let you d/e or vendor PvP gear is that PvP isn't designed to make money - they don't want people grinding honor to get some items to vendor, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Holocronix
    The reason they won't let you d/e or vendor PvP gear is that PvP isn't designed to make money - they don't want people grinding honor to get some items to vendor, I believe.
    And yet you can buy epic gems with honor.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

10+ Year Old Account

I see it as kind of a waste to just delete and item when it could be sold to a vendor, wish we could as well.

the concept of grinding honor only to vendor the items seems kind of silly, if they could just give them a reasonable vendor price (20g-ish?) it would make a lot more sense to me. Nobody's going to spend enough time pvping for some epics they can vendor for the amount you can make off a daily quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    You can disenchant Tier Gear.

Pvp gear is (normally) bought with honor/arena points, and you can't sell ANY of the items bought with some special currency.
    Why i cant diz pve set gear?...never has problems with it...

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

It's a feature not a bug
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    It's a feature not a bug
    who said anything about it being a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    And yet you can buy epic gems with honor.
    Thats very true. Do you know which gems they are? Only ones I can think of are crappy vanilla ones that are still on sale for about 1000 honor.
    What were the other ones?

the only reason i pvp atm IS to make money... it's by far the easiest way to get epicgems.

also... people grinding honor to vendor items!? yeah, right... farming 60k honor to earn what? 10g, maybe 20? no, that's not the reason.

i always thought the whole thing had something to do with professional farmers... to prevent them from something. but now that i think about it, i can't really find a logical reason behind that.

15+ Year Old Account

Thats very true. Do you know which gems they are? Only ones I can think of are crappy vanilla ones that are still on sale for about 1000 honor.
    I guess you don't know about the epic gems that can be bought for 10k honor each? (Cardinal Ruby, for example)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Do you know which gems they are? Only ones I can think of are crappy vanilla ones that are still on sale for about 1000 honor.
    You can get uncut lvl 80 epic gems with honor as stated before and vanilla didn't have gems so I guess you're talking about the crappy BC epic gems :.

the latest raw epic gems can be purchased for 10k honor points each wich is easy as hell to obtain once a day.

*edit* seems the poster above me just posted before me ;P anyways...

Imagine the flood of QQ in the trade chat everyday if voa pvp gear are vendorable

Ah, true - I don't think about things much o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    you can't sell ANY of the items bought with some special currency.
    Epic gems

EDIT: Epic fail on my part as like 15 people said this before me
    "Peace is a lie"

Blizzard is adding a "disenchant" roll option to the current need, greed, and pass options. Problem (soon to be) solved.