The Process of going from Goblin to Gnome Engineering.

Hello people,

I am a Goblin Engineer, I have been so since Classic, and as pre-WOTLK, has proven useful. But as of now, I find I don't use the explosives very often, and kinda regret not being able to use fun things like the World Enlarger, and X-Ray Glasses which I would use more than a Global Sapper Charge. Along with a few other reasons.

So, i need to know what happens when I switch, because if I recall, you can go to a place in Tanaris and switch without having to dump the profession altogether. I heard it drops you to 150 Engineering, and you lose all Schematics learned above 150 (and from the 4 years of Engineering, I have A LOT, that I am not fond of losing).

Also, in you're Opinion, is it worth the switch.

Re: The Process of going from Goblin to Gnome Engineering.

I recommend that you don't; you may not use the Explosives often, but X-Ray Goggles are just entirely useless.

Also, I could be wrong, but I believe the World Enlarger is not spec based.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    I recommend that you don't; you may not use the Explosives often, but X-Ray Goggles are just entirely useless.

Also, I could be wrong, but I believe the World Enlarger is not spec based.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=18660
    Gnome Engineering, or else I would have one.

Deleted

It's fun, but I find myself not using any of my many outlandish Gnomish devices more than finding a use for them.

It might make the occasional trash easier, but is it really worth risking a wipe in case it backfires? I've never managed to shrink anything but myself, and I am afraid to use the chickenizer... Heck, goblin explosives might even be more reliable. I know I still lob bombs on the occasional spawn of cheap trash, and the strongest I have is the regular Saronite variety.

Doing little own work wouldn't be so bad :F

Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Gnomish Engineers and Goblin Engineers can now switch profession specializations for a fee.

Details[1]

* Read the book Soothsaying for Dummies which is on a table in Neutral [45] Narain Soothfancy's house. He lives in the northern part of Steamwheedle Port, on the northern coast of Tanaris (western continent of Kalimdor, Azeroth). Pay the 150g fee to unlearn your current specialization.
    * To learn another (or the same) specialization, two different techniques seem to be needed, for different players. One is to read the above book a second time and you will be offered a choice. The second is to do the quest sequence (beginning in Ratchet) for the specialization you desire.
    * Note: as of Patch 3.1, [Schematic: Lil' Smoky] and [Schematic: Pet Bombling] are no longer membership-renewal rewards. Instead they are drops from Gnomeregan mobs. These schematics are not specialized; all engineers (with suitable skill level) can learn both!
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Tremelizzer
    Doing little own work wouldn't be so bad :F

http://www.wowwiki.com/Engineering
    I have looked, but it really didn't say anything about what happens to your Schematics when you do it. I am afraid I will lose a few years worth of farming.

Pay the 150g fee to unlearn your current specialization.
    Same as for alchemists. You will not lose any recipes >.<