Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Does your pet get healed by healers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu
    My pet never gets healed by healers, but I still manage to keep him alive 90% of the time. Even if he's just sitting at my side as a howl buff.

Oh, and Numeanor, I never have mana problems, and if I do, it only takes 3 seconds in viper.
    Good I don't even have viper aspect on my bars anymore. U have to switch for 3 seconds, I never go under 80% of my mana on every fight. My pet just crits like crazy and every pet my pet crits with special ability I get 1% mana. And whenever I crit with steady, arcane or kill shot, there is a 60% that my pet will get next 3 attacks 100% crit. And then say that BM specc is not imba? It's like self buffing and refilling up with mana with just shooting. My pet does 35-50% of my damage, I have 7+ DPS on most bosses, I never run out of mana, I give 3% damage buff which is 96% time up in fight. Cost of this is, that one druid have to throw time to time one hot on my pet if needed. That is all.
    If u know how to specc and how to use BM specc, u can beat every MM or SV hunter in DPS. The most crucial stats for BM hunters are haste and crit %. More of those u have, more your damage output and ur pet output will be. Also choose faster weapons if u can.
    Check my specc: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zak&n=Numeanor
    If my pet crits he gets 30% attach speed increase which means more probability for crits next 8 seconds. When my pet crits, all raid have improved damage for 3% in addition I have +9% more damage on arcane shot. If pet crits with special ability I get 1% mana. There is 60% chance when I crit with steady, arcane or kill shot that my pet will 100% crit with next 3 attacks. Circle is ended. If get this buff, my pet refreshes 3% damage buff, my pet will make 1-2 attacks with special abilities, that means 1-2% mana for me instantly and pet has 30% haste for 8secs. Also I have specced rabid for my pet and he gets al lot of AP from there also. Also when I crit, my pet gets 25 focus and I have chance on all successfull attacks to gain 21% attack speed which means more crit chance in same interval. More u crit in specific time, more is ur damage output for next few seconds. If u crit so much as I do, u have all buffs on ur pet and u 90+% of the boss fight. If u add everything up from talents u can see BM is very very powerfull.
    Welcome to planet Earth, home of the human kind. Do you intend to stay for long? It's pretty fucking shitty here, as you can tell already... -Mosotti

Raid - No..
    Arena - Only if i yell on my part "Motherfucker heal my pet blind ass"
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

If I have HoTs rolling on all party members I'll throw out the occasional rejuvination on the pets, that's usually enough to keep them up and running.

<3 having an imp. Wewt for ranged pets.

Oh also let's don't forget hunter's AoE damage. As BM I have much much more DPS when using volley as any other hunters. Why? Well my volley is not so strong, but if I also send my pet in fight, he do a nice job in there. I overDPS MM hunter with barrage specced in their talents just because of my pet. With volley I 100% get 1 crit if there r min 3 mobs each tick. That means my pet will never be out of focus. And when pet crits it goes 30% faster...
    My pet can do even more than 3,5k DPS in some situations and some peaks during BW, and not healing that is just a waste of DPS. Also in our guild we started to strictly buff all hunters pets like everyone else. Overall DPS has improved slightly and we made some hard modes pretty fast before others "better" guild made them.
    SV specc is for me total useless for raids, coz it doesn't buff the raid with +damage. Replenishment is given from other classes as well so if u have SV hunter in raid only coz of that = idiotic. SV hunter making more DPS as MM or BM = nonsense. SV hunter is only usefull (limited) in trash cleaning with trapping mobs. After arpen nerf MM is not so good and BM sayed where it was. Even if I make calculations in RAWR with all buffs and correct speccs, rawr says that BM is top DPS. Also very advisable is to buff ur pet with food-buffs for +20 or +30 strength. Having, BoK, BoM, drood buff and that food-buff on ur pet = win. My pet has 900+DPS from auto-attack when fully buffed, and I have 1300+DPS on auto-shot. DEvilsaur also buff itself with monstrous bite ability. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=55499 Whenever pet hits, he gets +3% damage for next 12 seconds stack up 3 times = +12% almost all the boss fight since my pet auto-attack speed without bloodlust = 0.49s.
    Welcome to planet Earth, home of the human kind. Do you intend to stay for long? It's pretty fucking shitty here, as you can tell already... -Mosotti

Quote Originally Posted by Scetch
    If I have HoTs rolling on all party members I'll throw out the occasional rejuvination on the pets, that's usually enough to keep them up and running.
    Excatly what "my" healer do to my pet. If there is really heavy damage like in yogg-saron fight my pet also get lifebloom and swiftmend but 95% of the time this is not needed coz I have improved healing effect on me and my pet for 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatu
    I had an interesting discussion with some of the healers I know.
    Most of them state they do not heal pets, since it would take away focus of healing actual raid members.
    My point of view as a still BM specced hunter is that my pet should be considered an actual party member, seeing he is a huge part of my dps.

Since I'm still new to playing a hunter ( opnly lvl 75 yet ) I was wondering what the general attitude from healers is towards pet healing.
    I'm also wondering how much this influences the viability of BM spec in end game raids.

Any thoughts / experiences are appreciated , seeing I still need to make a choice to what spec I will be using to raid.

Pro Tip: Give your pet the same name as your healer. Either 1) Someone will heal it thinking its the player. 2) He will heal it cause he doesn't want something named after him to die.

I did this and now our main healer treats my wolf like its his pet and I never have to heal him.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyH

Pro Tip: Give your pet the same name as your healer. Either 1) Someone will heal it thinking its the player. 2) He will heal it cause he doesn't want something named after him to die.

I did this and now our main healer treats my wolf like its his pet and I never have to heal him.
    This won't help, coz most of healers don't have pets visible in unit frames...

my guilds resto sham loves starting a random chain heal on my pet <3 chain heal
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AndyH

Rofl. Your main healer is either too full of himself or has too big of a heart for pixels that he doesn't even own.

"OMG Pallyhealz the kitty is dying, I have to heal him over the important raid members."

Really?

The only thing pets get from me is PoM. They're lucky to see that. I run PoM tracker and unless it's an intense AoE encounter, if I see PoM on a pet I recast it on the tank.

Nobody healed my pet when my hunter was my main, screw your pet in kind. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

The hunters inability to maintain and control his pet does not constitute a responsibility on my behalf.

I only heal pets in 5 mans, because in raids I don't have them on my raidframes. Mend Pet is ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythious
    The hunters inability to maintain and control his pet does not constitute a responsibility on my behalf.
    yet a hunter can't control their pet getting feared/bounced into an aoe or cleave amiright?
    still if mend pet isn't ticking the hunter is definately failing.
    (got mend pet macro'd to my serpent sting does wonders on yogg etc:P)
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

I would feel like a pos if i healed a pet and a player died. Bm is no skill spec as is, but after that reduced aoe dmg change the bads dont even control their pets. they leave it in fire and complain how the fight is a disadvantage to hunters.

As a DK, i have my ghoul which is a significant part of my dps. I notice that he sometimes gets some heals but he never takes much dmg from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbeastsb
    I would feel like a pos if i healed a pet and a player died. Bm is no skill spec as is, but after that reduced aoe dmg change the bads dont even control their pets. they leave it in fire and complain how the fight is a disadvantage to hunters.
    a) the 90% hasn't been put in yet
    b) lolbm. (surv or mm ftw)
    c) kick the bads.
    inb4 something bout the 70%, if your not careful your pet still dies from direct stuff mend pet can't outheal.
    *edit* why consider even healing the pet then go disable pet frames, problem solved.

Well i play a healer and can honestly say:-

In a raid = No
    In a 5 man = Yes

I regular run heroics with a guild mate and 3 other randoms and use his baboon to tank, we call him "Mr bananadin", he's pretty OP compared to other tanks...

Hunters name = Mediocrates on Doomhammer EU

UP Heroic is pretty comical with a baboon, the event with thunder clap = win

MM/SV pet will do around about 15-20% off the hunter's total dps. BM pets will do closer to 40/45%. Not a lock so don't know about their pets.

Every pet can be rezzed (if it's early enough in the fight to be worth it) though it won't come back with buffs.

Heal them accordingly. Understandably they're usually the last priority for a healer, not to mention that, at least for a hunter, there's pretty much nothing that will kill your pet that you can't keep it out of in the first place or that it won't self heal with JoL and a single mend pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    If it stands in the boss aoe, it doesn't deserve heals.
    Major problem with that statement, some boss AoE does NO damage to pets and other AoE one shots it. VoA is a perfect example, on Korlan it's a lot of work to keep my pet alive but on Emalon it will take absolutely no damage of any kind. On Korlan most tanks move 2 feet to get out of a cinder, leaving my pet and melee to stand in it behind Korlan, I recall my pet, heal it and Korlan drops a cinder on me and low health no armor pet is dead and I had no way to stop it. I couldn't leave him at the boss and at my side it was just as dead. Now I am not expecting a healer to ever make my pet a priority over another party/raid member but healers who say the "never" heal pets are just lazy/bad healers. Pet AI is terrible, it wil only stand directly behind most bosses and is unable to move out of harms way on it's own. I do everything I can to keep my pet alive not because it does such amazing damage but because of the damage buffs it gives me while it's alive. As a pure DPS class my purpose is to do as much damage as possible and healers who let my pet die because they are lazy hurt the entire raid by taking DPS away from me.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

My Pet gets healed by healers in RAIDS, but then again being friends with a few of them helps!

I know a few of them have told me that on Farm Raids, they would heal my pet before some of our other DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.