Poll: Does this idea seem valid?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Idea about Saurfang and Bolvar

Hey!

So there has been a lot of talk about who will be the lich kings greatest Death knight, or Death bringer that is stated in the achievements on the front page.

Here is my idea:

Saurfang: He will be the Death bringer, for both the alliance and the horde.
    Bolvar: Prisoner of the lich king, maybe still being tortured to serve the lich king.

Why: There might not be a lot of evidence confirming this idea, but i have based the most on the vision in the yoggy fight - Since clearly the lich king already has Saurfangs soul and he is a death knight while bolvar is still getting turned.

What do you guys think?

Re: Idea about Saurfang and Bolvar

It will probably be one or the other. I personally think it would be kind of lame to have some unnamed random Death Knight as his "strongest" one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

I don't think's gonna be any of them.

It'd look too easy to name them when;

"2 heroes of the 2 factions dies by Arthas' hand"
    "A Deathbringer of the Lich King is announced"

"=must be one of them".

I think's gonna be someone we have forgotten about.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    I don't think's gonna be any of them.

It'd look too easy to name them when;

"2 heroes of the 2 factions dies by Arthas' hand"
    "A Deathbringer of the Lich King is announced"

"=must be one of them".

I think's gonna be someone we have forgotten about.
    well blizz confirmed that they will be a boss at blizzcon, and yet they arent on the list

What about Highlord Darian Mograin? Wasnt he the strongest DK? What is to say he was not taken back under control by the lich king? Just a thought

10+ Year Old Account

There is an npc called Deathbringer Saurfang. He chose saurfang because he was so vastly superior to Bolvar, duh!

Im still confused as to how the Lich King would have Bolvar's soul if the Lich King never killed him, but died to the forsaken plague and later incinerated.

I bet it will be Faction Based. Most Horde won't feel much for Bolvar. Same said for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    Hey!

So there has been a lot of talk about who will be the lich kings greatest Death knight, or Death bringer that is stated in the achievements on the front page.

Here is my idea:

Saurfang: He will be the Death bringer, for both the alliance and the horde.
    Bolvar: Prisoner of the lich king, maybe still being tortured to serve the lich king.

Why: There might not be a lot of evidence confirming this idea, but i have based the most on the vision in the yoggy fight - Since clearly the lich king already has Saurfangs soul and he is a death knight while bolvar is still getting turned.

What do you guys think?
    A. bolvar is dead

B. dont give me that "the lich king rezzed him" crap, if that were so, bolvar wouldnt be a prisoner and would have no soul

C. i say it will be a bolvar/saurfang construct (/cry)

Bolvar's soul in Saurfang's body. It is possible that the Lich King sent someone to gather Bolvar's soul, as Korialstrasz and Alextrasza speak to each other about hiding the whereabouts of Bolvar's corpse from the Alliance. Don't ask me how it got moved through the dragon flames, but apparently it did. Why isn't it Saurfang's soul? Once a soul is stolen by Frostmourne, resistance is futile. It will be assimilated, just like Arthas' was when he first wielded his famous runeblade... hence Tirion saying there is no more Arthas at all. Saurfang's soul is gone, but his body is not.

Another possibility is that Deathbringer is neither of these two, and they are a fight similar to the Twin Emperors or the Twin Val'kyr.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
    -Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Jester_Joker
    Bolvar's soul in Saurfang's body.
    This but backwards....Saurfang's soul was taken by Arthas and Bolvar's body was recovered by Arthas...It was reported during Blizzcon that "One has no body and the other lost his soul" or something like that by one of the devs.

So you will fight Saurfang's soul inside of Bolvar's body. A la the original Death Knights.

To be honest there is alot we don't know about Frostmourne itself. Its possible that it can be used to "transfer" souls. We could end up with a reverse of what you suggest Joker. Bolvar's Body, Saurfang's Soul. If Bolvar is the person being tortured in the Yogg vision, the lich king could be doing it to break down his will so he can put Saurfang's soul into his body. Kind of like how it was a process to turn Arthas, the same thing could apply here. Simply breaking Bolvar's will might be enough cause there is that slim chance he might break free. But put in a soul that he the lich king controls that removes that chance. As for the name, adding Saurfang's soul prolly destroys Bolvar's so there is only Saurfang now. There is no Arthas only the Lich King.

Ok blue u stole my idea LOL
    But I too think that bolvar and suarfang will be merged together with three arms and teo legs with an xtra on hangin out the knee

2. Or u won't kill suarfang but instead relese him from the lich kings will

3. Finally suarfang didn't die his soul was stolen

This is a very interesting debate, and makes sense what your saying for the most part. But why would you rule out the greatest paladin as the greatest Death Knight? Uther was Arthas' senior paladin, so why not Arthas as Uther's senior death knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Felgoro
    This is a very interesting debate, and makes sense what your saying for the most part. But why would you rule out the greatest paladin as the greatest Death Knight? Uther was Arthas' senior paladin, so why not Arthas as Uther's senior death knight?
    The only problem with that is he is ,as far as we know, still entombed in WPL. He spirit even appears during the quest where you defile his tomb. So since he is entombed and his soul was never take kinda hard to make him the lich kings best dk. But intresting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestaff
    A. bolvar is dead

B. dont give me that "the lich king rezzed him" crap, if that were so, bolvar wouldnt be a prisoner and would have no soul

Well I know this was posted before the PTR testing, but Bolvar is definitely alive (or sentient in some way) and in the citedal, he talks in the opening RP talk.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Well, I think (and hope) it will be Saurfang and Bolvar. If not either (doubt that Saurfang isn't part of it, since there's Deathbringer Saurfang in the build)... then we still have a few that have been mentioned that could be the greatest champion. Or perhaps others not mentioned and forgotten, such as Taelan Fordring. He's dead, of course, but there's possibility he's risen as a Death Knight, so he could be used as a weapon against Tirion Fordring, the father. But then again, not likely but possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

gah i need to find it *shuffles through papers* somewhere i saw a screenshot of, what appeared to be, a chat between the lich king and fordring within the instance. it appeared to be for the horde side (as it mentioned we'd be boarding the Orgrim's Hammer) and emphasized that Saurfang Jr. was already turned, and the lich king was still trying to break Bolvar, to become his greatest champion, since tirion clearly doesn't want to. it ends with the goal: cleave saurfang's head off, and rescue whatever's left of bolvar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestaff
    A. bolvar is dead

http://lemmingcrusade.com/gallery/47...ate/fullscreen

EDIT: Oops, guess I got beat while I was looking for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?