Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Scorch Change, IS NOT A PvE BUFF....

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeo
    Scorch formerly needed to stack to 5. 1 cleanse = 1 stack out of 5 dispelled.
    Follow?
    /facepalm
    i dont think walls are balanced around classes D:

Fire needs a survivability talent, or gimmick ability like insta invis. Blazing speed doesn't cut it. Might as well give them soul link, since Locks have practically become Mages these days :P

This does practically nothing to help fire spec PvP issues.

fire skin (only woth molten armor buff)
    decreases a chanse to get critical hit by additional 20% and decreases damage taken by 20% for 10 (15 glyphed, glyph of molten armor) cd 3 min. (blizz seems to love 3 min cd for fire mages)

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeo
    Scorch formerly needed to stack to 5. 1 cleanse = 1 stack out of 5 dispelled.
    Follow?
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by vic69
    /facepalm

Sometimes I wonder if people feign ignorance so that they can be assholes or if they are actually just dumb. Maybe the guy picked a bad example because he only mentioned scorch and viper sting (magic and poison), but is it really beyond you to come up with a scenario that involves multiple magic debuffs to be cleansed?

The glyph change is a pvp buff, and the spell mechanic change is a buff to damage in both pvp and pve, but its a nerf to pvp control. Blizzard has said that the whole 'junk buff' situation is bad and they don't like the idea of dispel protection, but until they fix it, having a 5 stack of scorch is a great way to keep a target sheeped for a couple more GCDs.

15+ Year Old Account

I would love for the OP to explain to me how this is not a pve buff lol!

PVE mages have been asking for this change for a VERY long time! The problem of scorching a single target is a moot point! No one ever flipped out over it...sure it was a dps loss but you toss up 5 and then keep it up every time before it will drop!

At the moment the guild I'm in is working on hard mode Anub 25 man and let me tell you I would LOVE to have the change as 5% more crit on all the burrowers and anub for LB and Blizz spam would be a very welcome buff to the AOE dmg that in turn would allow longer single target dps between burrower packs! I know this change would also be win for Hmode jaraxxus 5% more crit on volcanoes, portals, adds YES PLZ, On twins would be nice to always have it up for shiled burning ect. Yes I get many have DP locks but even if you have a DP lock in the raid most times they focus only 1 target and dont toss SB on all targets around so multy target fights like anub would still benefit allot from this change!

It's a pvp buff agreed but no way you can count out the pve benefits aspecialy with multiple targets and even more so with on the move fights where you may be having to move when it's fallign off and thus woudl be stuck more than once in teh fight applying 5 stacks through scorching!