15+ Year Old Account

Fire Nova

Ok, so full analysis:

Fully talented (as elemental, basic PvP spec)Fire Nova gets -
    35% damage increase
    100% Critical strike damage increase
    5% increased critical strike chance
    16 yard range
    6 second cooldown (3 seconds CD with Glyph of Fire Nova)

coupled with Magma totem = after the 1.5 sec GCD with basic human reaction this would require nearly full attention to AoE rather than the shaman usual "drop and forget" AoE method
    10 pulses of magma totem (371 dmg ea.)
    6 Novas (893 to 997 ea.)
    total: 3710 dmg(magma) 5358 to 5982 dmg(nova) before modifiers

SO, in theory if a songle target stays within 8 yards of magma totem for 20 seconds and you hit every available nova it will take approx. 9068 to 9692 fire damage (not including modifiers)

did i do it right?
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Deleted

Re: Fire Nova

Close.

The 15% bonus from Call of Flame and the 20% from Imp Fire Nova are multiplicative rather than additive which means they give +38% damage not +35%. You didn't include crit bonus damage from Meta gem (6% with 5/5 Elemental Fury).

GCD is 1sec for totems 1.5 sec for FN but is affected by haste since Ele's can have a lot of haste this can reduce the GCD significantly.

When calculating basic damage you need to include the spellpower co-efficients as this has a dramatic impact on the amount of damage an ability can do. Simply adding in a lot of multipliers really misses the point. I've not read or tested what the co-efficient is yet however. Does anyone know?

Once you factor in spellpower co-efficient you need to factor in expected crit to get average damage per ability. I know you said "before modifiers" but since the modifiers dramatically change the result such a figure is kinda meaningless without the modifiers.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

ok i gotcha, ill try again Thank you
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds good to me

Last I checked on the PTR (and will have to be confirmed by Levva the God of Shaman)It's great for Enhance AoE and single target dps also.

Of course since it comes off of the totem does that mean elemental dps may actually benefit by being an upclose and personal caster?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Sounds good to me

Last I checked on the PTR (and will have to be confirmed by Levva the God of Shaman)It's great for Enhance AoE and single target dps also.

Of course since it comes off of the totem does that mean elemental dps may actually benefit by being an upclose and personal caster?
    No because any movement destroys our dps. Melee have instants to do their dps. Being in melee range will simply get us killed most of the time.

Presume we can use this with our Fire Elemental out as well?
    Not been on PTR to check but could someone confirm this?

Thanks,

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ize
    Presume we can use this with our Fire Elemental out as well?
    Not been on PTR to check but could someone confirm this?

Thanks,
    /confirmed

PS: But don't forget, it still erupts from the totem, not the Elemental itself.

can i use it while stuned polymorphed cycloned feared etc?
    sry havent been on ptr

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by eddiii
    can i use it while stuned polymorphed cycloned feared etc?
    sry havent been on ptr
    uhh... no? I mean... why should you be able to do so in the first place? Is in no way, shape or form mentioned in the tooltip.. at all.