Thread: VE Changes

10+ Year Old Account

VE Changes

Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff

(from the front page)

think about this.
    how is this NOT overpowered?
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

Re: VE Changes

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd
    Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff

(from the front page)

think about this.
    How is Siffon Life and Haunt/Life Drain not overpowered??? I have an 80 S Priest, and a 65 Afro Lock, and I think all the Affliction abilities are pretty OP once you have Haunt. Its just you will get HP for 3 dot opposed to 1 for warlocks, but they get way more out of life drain and haunt. so it s kind of just situationally different. S Priests will get a constant stream of health, while warlocks get nice chunks in spurts, which is nice becasue they actually need to be gaining health to life tap for mana. Its a game breaking mechanic for Warlocks, and its a PvP buff for S Priests. Its not really that op either, becasue most classes can dispel every single priest dot which renders the a large portion of the health gain useless. It also helps battle MS effects and let you actually drop shadow and heal while getting some health back to combat knock back.

There's another post about the VE changes on the front page of this forum, why not post in there?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

How is it overpowered?

The only OPness I see is saving us a gcd in combat.

I pity locks tho, they'll still have to waste a gcd to apply.....oh wait.

(from the front page)

think about this.
    I have an 80 SPriest and I look at it this way. Its one less them to apply on the boss at the start and we can start with other spells first. Secondly on trash you wouldn't have to apply it to every mob (not that you would anyways) so its like a bonus. All in all its nothing different than what you could be doing already except not having to waste a GCD. Perhaps its Blizzard attempt at saying if we remove one GCD maybe their dps will go up? lol

I think i'm the only one so far that hates this. I rarely use this and it is still an agro whore. With all of the "buffs" that weren't really needed, this will put me in danger on just about every encounter... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    I think i'm the only one so far that hates this. I rarely use this and it is still an agro whore. With all of the "buffs" that weren't really needed, this will put me in danger on just about every encounter... again.
    Ehm.. what?

If you seriosly have aggro problems, tell your tanks to l2p. If that doesnt help, just dont use the spell ._.

/cancelaura Vampiric Embrace
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Spec into Shadow Affinity if your tanks are that bad you are pulling agro

Considering how little VE actually heals, I don't really see the problem.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Well, it is a good self-heal that we no longer need to apply, so I'm happy.

OP? What in the world are you talking about?
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

It will rule in Soloing. We round up the mobs and mind sear= full HP we will be unbeatable!!!! haha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombie
    You grow even more powerful and an item is added to your blank inventory. It is "Pair of Val'kyr Wings".

Deleted

Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.
    I guess they'll change the way it work, or it can be abused with Mind Sear one way or another.

Meh, how often apart from soloing would you need that much self-healing while AoEing? Hardly gamebreaking.