Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Just got done testing a PTR Training Dummy for Shadow

Edit: At the time of this thread being made, not all the priest changes had gone through, and I did not realize that there was a debuff on the target dummy I was testing on. With this in mind, try to take this info reasonably.

I have to say that while I'm extremely over joyed knowing that our dps issues have been addressed, I know for a fact that the changes will NOT stay.

On the live servers, I can barely squeeze out around 3790 DPS or so on an elite training dummy.

On the PTR, with broken mods, no quartz, timer buttons, or cooldown timers, I pushed around 4500 DPS on a dummy without breaking a sweat.

Considering that even more DPS buffs are on their way in the next build, I can safely say that we'll probably see a few nerfs before the patch goes live.

Also, a few things.

I did notice that I was losing mana a lot faster since I was refreshing my dots more, even with the buff to Shadow Word: Pain. Keep in mind that I also have 2/5 T9, which means my VT lasts twice as long due to a 2 piece bonus.

Not sure how bad it'll be in a raid situation, but this may be the return of mana issues to the shadow priest in the future.

Anyone else care to share the experiences?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow - My armory so people can compare stats and predict.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: Just got done testing a PTR Training Dummy for Shadow

holy shit this is fucking rad

nerfhammer inc

(if they decide to nerf it, @ my avatar)

Please sim a similar geared caster on test dummies, then come back and say that it won't make it to live.

Also, VT does not last twice as long with 2pc T9, it only lasts 6 sec base/ 2 ticks...
    ...saying that makes me wonder how haste will affect 2pc T9, will it apply haste at the 15 seconds then add 2 ticks or apply it at 21 seconds?

yeah, sorry, not sure why I thought VT lasted only 6 seconds.

Still was running out of mana quicker.

And yeah, I do think that the buffs we have atm are a little overpowered, and Blizzard will probably take those away. I mean, we're asking to be competitive, not on par with other pure caster dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    yeah, sorry, not sure why I thought VT lasted only 6 seconds.

Still was running out of mana quicker.

And yeah, I do think that the buffs we have atm are a little overpowered, and Blizzard will probably take those away. I mean, we're asking to be competitive, not on par with other pure caster dps.
    so you're saying we'll be nerfed because we're on par with other pure caster dps? Yea, I don't understand how being on par with other pure caster dps would result in that...

being on par with pures would be a buff, k?

Your gear is decent, so I don't see why we couldn't do that much on test dummies, if you look at other classes ( IE locks) they can pull 5-6K dps on test dummies in similar gear. Also sitting still blowing up on a test dummy isn't how blizz tweaks buffs.

It's possible it will get nerfed but don't worry too much about it one way or another, they recognize the big problem with spriests. So worst case scenario, we will still be in a better place than we are on live. Heck hopefully we can be Imba in PvE and PvP for a patch or two.

OT: reconsider your gem choices, don't gem crit. Gem pure SP, but spirit.SP gems in blue sockets where you get SP socket bonuses.

did u copy same char? ive seen 99% of these posts they use the shitty ass geared main on live and then copy over a premade decked in t9 and think its the talent/class changes
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    did u copy same char? ive seen 99% of these posts they use the shitty ass geared main on live and then copy over a premade decked in t9 and think its the talent/class changes
    The normalization of starting stats has made comparing dps on live and on ptr less accurate.

I lost .83% crit, 138 int, and 3 spi

I was doing 5k DPS on the training dummy and I can only hit 4k in groups/raids (ele shamans).
    Shame nothing is alive for that long =p
    Banned.

I'm copying my character as we speak.

Seems broken now though, give it some time.

Micke

my testing of shadow priest dps on dummy was a bit odd

devouring plague was 23 seconds instead of 24 (quite little decrease)

VT was like 17 seconds instead of 21

SW:P 15 seconds instead of 18

whenever you mindflay and reset the SW:P duration it resets to an 18 sec dot again

Deleted

On the live servers, I can barely squeeze out around 3790 DPS or so on an elite training dummy.

On the PTR, with broken mods, no quartz, timer buttons, or cooldown timers, I pushed around 4500 DPS on a dummy without breaking a sweat.
    I find that very hard to believe. That's almost 20% difference and even the wildest theories in raid buffed BiS gear don't give those kind of increasements from the buffs that were made. It's not possible to gain more than 5-6% selfbuffed if you do the math. I have also been to the PTR and my dummy dps gain is closer to 3-5%.

Are you sure there wasn't any extra debuffs on the dummy? You had the same gear?

There's a lot of hype about the changes, although they are quite minor infact. Simcraft showed about 10% dps gain from dot haste in T9 BiS gear, raid buffed. Mortals in less than optimal gear/setting get nowhere close to that.

Tbh the premade characters are usually worse, seeing as they don't give you optimal gear, just gear of a high standard. They also don't give you full HM loot or anything so premades are fairly closely geared if you are in a decent gear that isn't like a top world 500 guild.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    The normalization of starting stats has made comparing dps on live and on ptr less accurate.

I lost .83% crit, 138 int, and 3 spi
    Sorry this seems like a troll post. .83% crit 138 intel and 3 spirit approach zero in making a difference in dps as the Rng from crit and imp spirit tap procs occur. So PTR will be a fairly accurate scope if this went live as it goes.

Due to a recent Tier 9 upgrade, I double checked my gear before testing on the dummy.

I just got done a second time and I inched out around 4100 dps. I was also seeing some weird lag etc.

Probably was a few buffs on the dummy, but I still think even 4100 dps is a bit high, especially with the inc buff to DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    Sorry this seems like a troll post. .83% crit 138 intel and 3 spirit approach zero in making a difference in dps as the Rng from crit and imp spirit tap procs occur. So PTR will be a fairly accurate scope if this went live as it goes.
    I said less accurate, an ambiguous term to indicate that the dps will be lower(with no changes) than if simulated with current base stats. I gave MY stat numbers, not the % my dps would have gone down if there were no changes. To know the exact amount your dps will increase, you have to take into account the difference between current base stats and new base stats if you're going to test using the ptr/live servers.

For the record, my lock was doing 4500+ on dummies at the beginning of T9, I think doing that much as a hybrid would be just fine, if potentially even a little low. Hard to compare then and now, but it isn't like 4500 self-buffed is absurd or anything.

Deleted

Due to a recent Tier 9 upgrade, I double checked my gear before testing on the dummy.

I just got done a second time and I inched out around 4100 dps. I was also seeing some weird lag etc.

Probably was a few buffs on the dummy, but I still think even 4100 dps is a bit high, especially with the inc buff to DP.
    You can't compare dps unless you are sure about the conditions being the same. There should be zero debuffs on the dummy, even a totem of wrath near by is going to mess up the results. Try on the lvl80 dummys, the lvl83 dummy has more rng because of partial resist, which makes comparison harder.

I do 4500dps on the dummy on Live, and 4800dps on PTR. Not a mind-boggling increase.

Devouring Plague doesn't get hasted yet, though.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    I do 4500dps on the dummy on Live, and 4800dps on PTR. Not a mind-boggling increase.

Devouring Plague doesn't get hasted yet, though.
    It does, /combatlog shows that all dots tick faster. It just ticks 9 times for some reason.