Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AVG and MMO-CHAMPION

ok for the last 2 days i go to mmo-champion theres a blank webpage. all but a avg message saying this site is know to have viruses then it ask me to continue to the site (not recommended) anyone else getting this message with Avg and this site it just started doing this 2 days ago

Re: AVG and MMO-CHAMPION

I have also noticed this happening. Refresh, it goes away.

Also, why is this thread in the Cataclysm forum? ???

ok for the last 2 days i go to mmo-champion theres a blank webpage. all but a avg message saying this site is know to have viruses then it ask me to continue to the site (not recommended) anyone else getting this message with Avg and this site it just started doing this 2 days ago

yea, I've never seen it before until today. AVG tried to block it and then it went to coding.. I just went back to the home page then to MMO-Champs and it was fine. Idk why, but it's fine now.

Yep... There it is at the top of the page.
    Aravar - Lv. 80 Arms Warrior - Vek'nilash US BG9

MMO-CHAMPION main page is now listed as infected. Imagine that. It was fine earlier today.

Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.
    The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

IP Address: ----------------------

For additional information click here.

Suggestions:

* Click the “Back” button on your browser to return to the previous page and choose another link (recommended).
    * If you would like to ignore the warning and continue to the page, click here (not recommended) Note: AVG will continue to block dangerous content associated with this page.

Mods better look into it.....

yup I am getting this too...I was actually getting ready to make a post about it, then I saw yours.

yup I figured I wasn't the only one.

It worked about 3 hours ago.

If any of you who see this dont run AVG I suggest you install and run it since AVG detects the malware.
    I wouldnt log into your account til doing so either.

I am pretty sure its one of the ads because if you refresh or close your browser and come back then it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by aneon
    I am pretty sure its one of the ads because if you refresh or close your browser and come back then it will work.
    Must be. I just got it working also.

Keep an eye on it though because that can never be a good sign.

go go opera web browser ??

I told Boubouille that this would happen!

"If you make an all powerful news site dedicated to WoW it will become self aware!"

But he was all like

"Pffft! Shaddup crazy man and get outa my way! Ill prove that it can be done and I will run it all by myself aswell!"

"YOUR A MADMAN BOUBOUILLE!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, now hand me that keyboard."

Nobody listens to crazy man Banz...

But now the site has gone rabid and is infecting everyones computer for world domination! Boubouille has probably succumed the sexy wiles of the website and is now hooked up to it through a brain link.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to get more tinfoil for my hat.

Firefox+Adblocker plus will solve the problems with bad ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu
    Not that worried about it. They shouldnt have bad ad's in the first place. AVG+Firefox handles it fine obviously.

Just wanted to warn people in case it was something major.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu
    This.

Edit: Also this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...rting-bad-ads/
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

MAY BE VIRUS IS EUROPEAN

??? ??? ???

omg
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie
    I told Boubouille that this would happen!

"If you make an all powerful news site dedicated to WoW it will become self aware!"

But he was all like

"Pffft! Shaddup crazy man and get outa my way! Ill prove that it can be done and I will run it all by myself aswell!"

"YOUR A MADMAN BOUBOUILLE!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, now hand me that keyboard."

Nobody listens to crazy man Banz...

But now the site has gone rabid and is infecting everyones computer for world domination! Boubouille has probably succumed the sexy wiles of the website and is now hooked up to it through a brain link.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to get more tinfoil for my hat.
    MAN'S LUST FOR TECHNOLOGY HAS RUINED US ALL!

Makes out with a fembot

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge wolf
    MAN'S LUST FOR TECHNOLOGY HAS RUINED US ALL!

Makes out with a fembot
    MY GOD! YOU'VE BEEN INFECTED!

...is she hot?

NoScript addon FTW?

i have had this while searching eh forums my vrius detector will pop up and say this page has a virus alert. do you wish to still keep browsing... i say yes cause its nobiggy i trust mmo has everything udner control.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.