pet talent question

so i specced my raid dps pet, without the +4 BM boost, and whats a petter 16th talent point the +15% ap and 20%stam from the hunter or 3% total dmg?
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

Re: pet talent question

Wild Hunt is what you want, scales better and shows higher DPS on the spreadsheet.

You can check this stuff out for yourself if you use www.femaledwarf.com, import your char and mess with the pet talent points to see what theoretical DPS you would put out with either option.

I'm one of the few Hunters that raid as BM atm, don't get me wrong, its still shit as it only does about 5.0k constant compared to my MM (5.3k) and SV (5.8k) hunter buddies in TOC25s

However its quite situational, the spec seems to rip out 6-7k VoA25s

In response to your Question, Spec into 3% dmg shark attack.
    15%ap & 20% stam doesnt scale as much as you would like and is prefferably designed for tenacity pets (tanks)

Quote Originally Posted by typh64
    I'm one of the few Hunters that raid as BM atm, don't get me wrong, its still shit as it only does about 5.0k constant compared to my MM (5.3k) and SV (5.8k) hunter buddies in TOC25s

However its quite situational, the spec seems to rip out 6-7k VoA25s

In response to your Question, Spec into 3% dmg shark attack.
    15%ap & 20% stam doesnt scale as much as you would like and is prefferably designed for tenacity pets (tanks)
    scales up way better then the straight 3%, use the force (aka spreadsheet)
    Noodles and Coke, diet of the raider. Found what he was after, after nearly 3months.

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

if you're reffering to Shandaras Bible, the spreadsheet only works in theory and yes its the most accurate tool to use as a hunter if you're too lazy to put in the time to grab recount and test specs and skills in various situations.

You're right, Wild Hunt shows up as doing more dmg on the spreadsheet, but taking into account your pet in 25-man combat momentum, shows up a little differently where these pure dmg % multipliers stack better with pet buffs regardless of what minority of AP your pet receives via the hunter from this talent.

TBH i really cant be fussed, im using 2/2 shark and 2/2 wild hunt, as ive specced for the extra 4 points, seeing i get more out of exotic pets with the buffed special attacks. Best to run with Devilsaur or Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by typh64
    iYou're right, Wild Hunt shows up as doing more dmg on the spreadsheet, but taking into account your pet in 25-man combat momentum, shows up a little differently where these pure dmg % multipliers stack better with pet buffs regardless of what minority of AP your pet receives via the hunter from this talent.
    ...no. The calculations are WITH 25-man raid buffs. Wild Hunt is more DPS than Shark Attack assuming you have more than about 2500 RAP.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

if you're reffering to Shandaras Bible, the spreadsheet only works in theory and yes its the most accurate tool to use as a hunter if you're too lazy to put in the time to grab recount and test specs and skills in various situations.
    TBH i really cant be fussed
    Got contradiction?

Not to mention this is coming from a guy using BM which is widely known to be the lowest DPS spec by 'lazy' and non-lazy hunters alike?

You're quite entertaining but the OP asked what the best option was, you are wrong, you admitted you are wrong even in your own post, so please don't spread anymore misinformation.