T10 Idol vs T9 Idol

T9
    Moonfire has a chance to give you 200 critical strike rating (Ussuaily Procs on first tick of moonfire)

T10
    Moonfire and insect swarm have a chance to give you 44 critical strike rating , stacks 5 times

Now assuming that the t10 idol procs every time it takes 9 seconds to reap the full benefit of the idol and that is not guaranteed, then theres the chance you could loose this stack and take another 9 seconds to rebuild the stack due to a CR or somthing like that or Acidmaws poison

Dont know about other moonkins but i might stick to the T9 Idol.
    Whats your thoughts on this?

Re: T10 Idol vs T9 Idol

I really don't think theres any need to worry about it dropping once you get a full stack rolling with 100% upkeep on IS and MF it should stay up consistently without issue.
    [quote="Tyler"]Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Deleted

Once you get it to 5 stacks, the stack would refresh itself every tick. That means that when both of your dots fall off, you have 15 seconds to get them up again and have them tick, and it will all be fine and dandy. If you go for more than 15 seconds without redotting your target, something is wrong.

The only instance where this is not as usefull would be on fights with a lot of small mobs that has to die one by one. And still, since all that matters is bosses, you would simply pop a moonfire here and there to keep it rolling. If i were to come up with a few examples, this would probably only happen on bosses like the water guy from VH (the name eludes me at the moment), where his small adds might simply die before you manage to get a tick off the one you dotted up. Hodir might be an issue aswell - if you happen to stand in a beam of light next to a fire and don't get an icicle dropped on you, thus giving you no reason to move and dot on the run. Extreme cases, you see?

In realistic terms, it may drop off on Northrend Beasts if you forget to refresh a dot before the worms burrow, or before Icehowl does his massive crash, and you may be well annoyed with all the dispelling on faction champions - but that would be the same for our current idol, which takes a few seconds to proc, and only lasts 12 seconds.

As for the bonus itself, with five stacks we will have 220 crit rating - thats another 20 from what we have now. But im not too fussed - our T9 relic *is* very, very good already, so a small bump is fine.

I thought some insane boomkin would've tried to validate that the rejuv idol would be better. Takes 2 rejuvs to get to full, then only need a rejuv every 30s (due to rejuv duration and buff duration), to get a considerable amount of SP. You'd lose 2 GCDs in the process though, but it'd be no different from having to dot on the run.

Deleted

Interesting idea. That would give us 256 SP, but we would lose damage from switching out. First of all, because we queue up spells when we are mashing buttons during a cast, we probably lose a split second when switching back in. It might not be a lot, but it could be noticable. Then we cast rejuv, with talents it would run for 18 seconds, and assuming it ticks on when its duration reaches 0, we can wait 13-14 seconds* after it goes off before the buff runs out.

*i have no idea when rejuv ticks - right when its cast? If it starts ticking, like, 3 seconds after its on the target, then we would have to refresh it 11 seconds after rejuv dropped off, just to be on the safe side.

Lets assume the above - that means that we have to go out and cast rejuv every 29 seconds, and the benefit would be 256 spellpower. Stat ratings are as follows:

Spellpower: 1.4 * 256 = 358,4 rating
    Crit rating: 1.1 * 220 = 242 rating

So the spellpower is obviously worth more, actually its 48% better. But we have to think about what this does to us:

- Would it mess up our rotation and spell queing?
    - Shifting back into moonkin is like, what, 800 mana? I have no mana problems, but if i have to use 1600 mana each minute, it might be a different story. Also add the mana cost of the rejuv.
    - Is the damage we lose (the damage spell we are not casting when we are out casting rejuv) made up from the 256 spellpower? Are we gaining enough to make it worth the hassle, considering it could fall off, and it is generally a major hassle.
    - Dont we have enough to worry about? Eclipse rotations, dots, spamming spells, moving away from fire, looking at damage meters, reading DBM, feeding the kids and so on. You will have to find a way to track how long Rejuv has been off you (or, you could see when the idol buff is about to run off), but thats just another place on the screen where your eyes have to be.

Like i said, interesting idea, but..

Deleted

Not really valid if you think about it.

It's kinda like the buff they gave locks in reguards to lifetap but it just wouldn't make it up , considering you'd lose a lot of GCD's to swap out and cast rejuv and then swap back in and swap you're glyph also if it's due to run out of it's duration during an eclipse there's no way you're going to swap out which would mean more down time as you'd have to wait and then let it stack up again it's just not valid :P

Deleted

No, i wouldn't dismiss it just yet. Like i demonstrated above, you would only lose a GCD every 29 seconds, but the bonus you get from the rejuv idol is 48% better than the one you get from the dot idol.

I think that mate its getting refreshed from the DoT
    You can't use this while stunned.

it doesnt say have a "chance to"

"The periodic damage from your Insect Swarm and Moonfire spells grants 44 critical strike rating for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times."

Deleted

On long fights the T10 Idol is a lot better, since you can dot up multiple mobs / bosses (Kologarn body + arm, Northrend Beast Worms and both Valks for example) to stack it up twice as fast (cant confirm for it to work, but it should)
    Its also a lot easier to keep up compared to Rejuv, since you lose 2 GCDs for that, and another 2 when reapplying

Actually, I was implying keeping Rejuv idol on at all times, and not switching that, but the GCD from switching to chicken again after casting rejuv. Also, the buffs get removed if you switch idols now.

In any case, you don't have to worry about ramp up time with rejuv, because you can cast that before the fight begins. And you can cast it on tanks if you really want, giving it additional purpose.

Also, the first tick from rejuv is 3 seconds in. Also, Rejuv will only be 15s with talent next patch, not 18s. So it's every 27s at the minimum. This means you can get the full benefit with every lunar eclipse, which is what it would benefit most.

In any case, I was just joking. Like you said, the mana cost from switching in and out on top of rejuv makes it extremely prohibitive. On the other hand, with how relatively poorly boomkins scale with crit/haste already, new gear may push that over the edge.