Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anub 10man Heroic Add tanking set.

First question. Is it necessary to get an avoidance set for Anub 10man heroic?

Second of all. Is there somewhere a list of items you can get to achiev the 102,4% avoidance in only 10man gear?

(we only do 10man's)

Re: Anub 10man Heroic Add tanking set.

I havent had any kind of problems tanking those adds in hc with this gear (hope its prot on armory)
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ver&n=Todiefor
    I dont actually see it necessary to have different gear just for this encounter.
    What ever you are tanking anyway you want to pretty much avoid most of the dmg.

So an avoidance set is only necessary in 25man HC mode??

My armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ering+of+Dudes

IF youre using the 1/2 healer tactic, having a "unhittable" tank, makes the add tanking a laugh compared to a manasponge/stam stacked tank.

Did this first in my soak set, and it was very doable, then changed to my unhittable gear, with 2,9k sbv dmg stop. Made the adds pull their hair, as they couldnt really do much to me.
    If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?

Quote Originally Posted by holkim
    IF youre using the 1/2 healer tactic, having a "unhittable" tank, makes the add tanking a laugh compared to a manasponge/stam stacked tank.

Did this first in my soak set, and it was very doable, then changed to my unhittable gear, with 2,9k sbv dmg stop. Made the adds pull their hair, as they couldnt really do much to me.
    Could you list up your stats hp/dodge/parry/block + whole gear?

Avoidance gear is not necessary in 10 man.

100+% avoidance is not needed for 10man Anub HC, but makes it a lot easier for the healers.

I have tanked the adds on 10man Anub HC on my warrior, which is my alt.
    My stats looks like this: 28,46% Block, 2197 Block Value, 21,12% Dodge, 15,47% Parry and 32,2k HP, all of these stats are unbuffed
    This is in my block gear ofcourse

Here is an armory link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gall&n=Madoran

Hmm ok.

Got prot on my offspec and I have stats ub like: 36k hp, 27% dodge, 21% parry and 14.6% block.

In my tank set my HP gets to 51,234 fully buffed up. I have no block value whatsoever on my gear. Mathematically I take less damage just avoiding hits than I do blocking them by a 3.25%. So, regardless of the situtation, I am taking less damage with stam and avoidance. I wish blizz would actually fix block value instead of just patch it like they did because it is a very fun way to tank, just isn't that good right now. My block value is only around 1500-1600. Blocking another 1k damage will not outweight me dodging or parrying 20k more often.

I am still unhittable even with this set because of so much avoidance plus holy shield. Sitting at 102.98% with the only piece of block rating being my Boreal Guard. Best of both worlds is stack avoidance to reach unhittable with holy shield the best you can.

I personally see no point in having a specific add tanking set for anub 10m. The adds shouldnt be up long enough to pose a serious issue.

Im not saying that you are wrong in your theory craft but the MT and GM of <Fusion> on Turalyon-US uses a block value set for tanking Heroic 25m. He's got over 3k block value on his add tanking set so I might rethink the strategy on your avoidance > mitigation at least while tanking adds.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

He's got over 3k block value on his add tanking set so I might rethink the strategy on your avoidance > mitigation at least while tanking adds.
    Against Anub's adds, block is an avoidance stat.

Deleted

For anub'arak HM10, the addtank should aim to replace stamina with avoidence. It's not crucial enough to warrant a regem, but drop the stamina trinkets atleast, and do whatever else you can aswell.

The adds on 10man has low burst, plus their damage is predictable, so not hard to heal, even if you go manasponge on their asses. However, leeching swarm will draw quite abit of healing from a manasponge tank, which is why you should try to replace stamina with avoidence as the addtank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    Against Anub's adds, block is an avoidance stat.
    I thought Block Value capped at or around 2800
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

I tank the adds no problem and I obviously can't block. There are only two of them, so its not really that big of an issue.

"Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

I have no issue with ADDS or AN in 10toc. Now ive seen plenty of tanks with high avoidance and get smoked on the adds cause there health just didn't with stand the beating. Your not always going to block and dodge and parry your still going to get the debuff and if your group is kerfail the adds are going to beat you, that simple. Its a mixture of having the right health the right avoidance, and knowing your class...

STAY ON THE ICE....JESUS ON THE ICE...ON THE ICE...THERE YOU GO...
    The battle for Good and Evil is one we fight everyday. Now where did I put my Power Ranger custom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly
    I thought Block Value capped at or around 2800
    The BV cap is for abilities like Shield slam so they don't go 1shotting ppl in pvp. You still block the amount of BV u have.

I've tanked the adds in ToGC 10 on my death knight as well.

Simple matter is you don't really need a block value set for 10 man ToGC, although it would help.

25 man it's extremely helpful with a 1 tank set-up. If you're doing two tanks though, then it's probably not as important.
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

I imagine you gotta have some serious dps to pull it off with 2 tanks.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I imagine you gotta have some serious dps to pull it off with 2 tanks.
    Its how we've cleared it so far. /shrug

But yes, we do have some serious deeps.

Edit: I was referring to 25 man with 2 tanks on adds, not 10 man if that's what you were thinking. Theres no way 10 man is worth 2 tanks on add duty.
    Dk- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Raivious

Block / Avoidance set is only really needed for 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCrawler
    Post Two: I can't believe they nerfed shaman! There must not be anyone on the design staff who plays shamans. I bet they all play Hello Kitty Island Adventures because they are all bads. I bet they are mean to their pets too. I am so mad right now that I am going to write on my wall, possibly in blood, how much better I am at designing classes. I heard at Blizzcon that they said they have no idea what they're doing. My shaman used to do okay damage but then I got beat by some other guy. It must be the designers' fault. I am not bad, just mad.