Thread: QQ more?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: QQ more?

I played FFXI for a while. I knew nothing of how the game worked, never sold a thing on the AH, and after 3 months of decent playtime was level 32, and some people tell me I was rather good.

I am looking forward to FF14 providing it is somewhere in between WoW and FF11.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus
    Nope, you're actually teleported to a jail cell. The GM stands in front of you with his awesome gear and tells you why you've been arrested and what the consequences will be.

Another positive aspect of that game was that EU, JP and USA players all played on the same server, lag free. There was action 24/7 and having your character at max-level actually meant something and took a long time.

Too bad it was considered too hard and unforgiving by the mass.
    The latency considering the whole world sharing the servers was pretty good but in terms of gameplay I had an awful experience sharing servers with Japanese players.

I'm not trying to be derogatory but the Japanese players were generally extremely racist and ugly towards non japanese players. They refused to group with NA/EU players and they constantly griefed other players with mob pathing.

Worst of all they had an 8 month headstart to the release and seeing as FFXI was a very money driven game, it was very annoying when US players started playing and prices were all jacked up by Japanese players that had already been playing for a long time.

If FFXIV improves the following from FFXI, I'd be very interested

- More PvP, esp world pvp
    - Faster fighting pace/Faster travelling
    - More job abilities/more to be pressing while fighting rather than mostly standing and autoattacking
    - Less reliance on money for getting good gear

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    I'm not trying to be derogatory but the Japanese players were generally extremely racist and ugly towards non japanese players. They refused to group with NA/EU players and they constantly griefed other players with mob pathing.
    I had the exact opposite experience. Jp players were always very eager to group up with us and did their best to communicate with us through macros. Being Italian myself, my Japanese ain't perfect

I had the experience you described with UAE players, all my friends actually. I'm not saying they're all like that, it's just our experience.

For me faster traveling removes the whole RPG aspect of an MMO. In wow, you won't see any old content once you hit 80, you can basically travel around the world in 10 minutes. In FFxi traveling to, for example, Jeuno, (where you had to level up past 10) took you roughly an hour. This meant that once you were in Jeuno, you'd stay there for quite a while. A few days later (about 5) you'd be level 20, only then would you travel back to your home town. This, for me, is the actual feel of an RPG - having to adventure to new places as if you would travel in life. The trip from one place to another, should feel like a journey with all perils of it. Not like in wow: auto fly from A to B and be afk in the meantime. I don't even consider wow an RPG, when you raid you teleport in an instance, kill the bosses and log out... Why? Just to grab a new epic item.

But that's just my opinion, I can imagine others disliking that.

edit: I just read a few of my posts and I think I know why I stopped raiding some time ago, I actually don't really like this game anymore - moment of awareness here!
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I love how this just changed from QQ to "Why I hate uppity JP players" and how FFXIV might be good. So, just to throw my 2 cents....it'll be all about The Old Republic MMO...nuff said...lol.
    Destro crits are such a gamble for aggro sometimes....I find myself always saying, "Big crits no wammies...BIG CRITS NO WAMMIES"

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus
    I had the exact opposite experience. Jp players were always very eager to group up with us and did their best to communicate with us through macros. Being Italian myself, my Japanese ain't perfect

I had the experience you described with UAE players, all my friends actually. I'm not saying they're all like that, it's just our experience.

For me faster traveling removes the whole RPG aspect of an MMO. In wow, you won't see any old content once you hit 80, you can basically travel around the world in 10 minutes. In FFxi traveling to, for example, Jeuno, (where you had to level up past 10) took you roughly an hour. This meant that once you were in Jeuno, you'd stay there for quite a while. A few days later (about 5) you'd be level 20, only then would you travel back to your home town. This, for me, is the actual feel of an RPG - having to adventure to new places as if you would travel in life. The trip from one place to another, should feel like a journey with all perils of it. Not like in wow: auto fly from A to B and be afk in the meantime. I don't even consider wow an RPG, when you raid you teleport in an instance, kill the bosses and log out... Why? Just to grab a new epic item.

But that's just my opinion, I can imagine others disliking that.

edit: I just read a few of my posts and I think I know why I stopped raiding some time ago, I actually don't really like this game anymore - moment of awareness here!

I played on a lot of servers and everyone one of them you could literally search players names and every Japanese player looking for groups would have a message reading "JP Onry".

I agree about WoW being bad every since flying mounts were introduced. I wouldn't have travel made easy to that extent but FFXI was kind of the opposite end of the spectrum. Especially before you could ride a chocobo. Running from your home city to Jeuno took over an hour.

Why would u ever give locks more escape mechanism? Blizzard ruind locks in the first place when they took away their tankness and made them more like mages. If anything give them back their tankness in pvp.

15+ Year Old Account

We don't need an escape.

We need a long cooldown, short duration shield wall to survive the initial burst that is always focused on us. The common response is "But then they'll fake a burst to make us blow the cooldown, and burst again when its up". Well by that time you have dots ticking and bought yourself time to escape manually.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    For those in arena going against high end geared players, Conflagrate did not need to be nerfed. Any good team immediately dispels it and it really doesnt hit hard if you have 900+ resil.

That said, this nerf is to cater to the masses and Blizzard is known for that. In PvE they nerf bosses so everyone can see content. Same applies to PvP except they nerf the classes. If we are 3 shotting people in greens and getting 10k+ conflag crits they see that as overpowered. I see it differently. If I 3 shot someone in greens, they fuckin deserve it. I've worked my ass off to get the gear I have and if some scrub wants to whine about getting blown away by me, I saw you're goddamn right I should own you. Blizzard unfortunately listens to these idiots because idiots make up 90% of this game.
    This. I had conflag crit for 4k the other day in a BG. :'(

Blizzards stated philosophy for PvP is either lots of damage, or lower damage and survivability. The problem, is they don't abide by their philosophy. Destro locks have little survivability, and dish out a ton of damage, if the other team doesn't have a dispeller.

The biggest problem is PvP is broken. Resil is so OP it's not even funny. As a destro lock, I should be dropping like a rock, but I don't because I have a lot of resil, and it takes about 3-4 fair players in a BG to take me out in a timely fashion, and I'll end up taking atleast one of them down with me. Because of this, people think destro is OP, but in reality, it's not the class, it's the resilience. When we QQed (rightly so) about our survivability being crap, Blizzard told us learn2resil. Now the tides have turned, we can we can 1 shot an unlucky player who has no resil, and can basically take a lot of damage because of resil. Plate classes have had the luxury of not worry about resil. In reality, they didn't need it because plate itself provides what, almost a 50% dmg reduction against melee, and almost everyone in PvP is melee. So now remember that plate doesn't mitigate spell dmg, and you have all these classes that were OP in PvP getting their ass handed to them by destro locks, because they haven't had to stack resil. So instead of telling them the same thing they told us, learn2resil, Blizzard just nerfs locks.

I think it's time for Blizzard to hire in some fresh talent, because it's painfully obvious they don't know what to do with us. This cycle of nerf, buff, nerf, buff, nerf, buff is annoying.

And is our PvE DPS really going to decrease this patch? Sure conflag is a nerf, but what about the buff to our pets? Wouldn't the increased uptime from empowered imp make up for the conflag nerf?

Personally, I think they should completely rework how conflag works. This change is a step in the right direction, but they need to remove the glyph of conflag and make it so that conflag never consumes immolate, that way the nerf to it is justified. Conflag is THE staple glyph of ANY desto build, which makes it OP. Blizzard has even said that they do not like the idea of an entire build revolving around a single glyph. And an immolate, incinerate, life tap glyph combo would be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    We don't need an escape.

We need a long cooldown, short duration shield wall to survive the initial burst that is always focused on us. The common response is "But then they'll fake a burst to make us blow the cooldown, and burst again when its up". Well by that time you have dots ticking and bought yourself time to escape manually.
    Isn't that what VW: Sacrifice is?

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472
    Unfortunately, in order to do that, the warlock has given up huge amounts of damage and/or utility from a felhunter or succubus. I don't really arena, but from my understanding the ability to dispel or seduce someone is vital to warlock success.

Ever look at your combat log to see if it works...mine didnt 2 days ago.

15+ Year Old Account

It will be once Cataclysm goes live. 3 Instant-pet swaps per fight using the shard system.

Right now blowing your cooldown (start with a Felhunter, go "OH SHIT" and swap) just to survive initial burst is a bad design flaw.

R.I.P. YARG

It will be once Cataclysm goes live. 3 Instant-pet swaps per fight using the shard system.

Right now blowing your cooldown (start with a Felhunter, go "OH SHIT" and swap) just to survive initial burst is a bad design flaw.
    I partly agree with you there, but relying on our voidwalker just for the shield is stupid. Minus the shield, our voidwalker has to be the most useless pet ever, especially in PvP. Maybe if consume shadows worked, but it never fucking works right to reveal stealth.

I really think Blizzard should implement pet based talent system similar to that of hunters for us. Having to rely on different pets for different abilities is really a bad design. Not only for PvP, but for PvE as well. I can't tell you how many times I get tired of another classes not dispelling, or interrupting, but there is nothing I can do about it without changing pets, and that's not viable because of the amount of DPS lost from our imp is insane, and it takes 10 seconds to summon.

15+ Year Old Account

I disagree too.

Voidwalker may be useless, but he hits clothies pretty damn hard. Had him crit for 1700 on a priest!
    VOID PUNCH GOOOOOOO

R.I.P. YARG

I disagree too.

Voidwalker may be useless, but he hits clothies pretty damn hard. Had him crit for 1700 on a priest!
    VOID PUNCH GOOOOOOO
    What if they gave the VW some added utility- like IDK a retribution aura.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    What if they gave the VW some added utility- like IDK a retribution aura.
    The problem is that the VW isn't a PvP pet, our PvP pets are Fel hunters and Succubus. Our fel hunters used to give us a full time PvP buff to detect rogues. Then, with 3.0, they moved paranoia to the VW, because for some unknown reason, they want us to PvP with him. That didn't work, so they buffed the shield, pretty much forcing us to choose between survivability with no utility, or utility without survivability.

They need to completely rework our pets either by a talent based system, or have a clear a DPS pet, a tanking pet, and a pvp pet. Having to micromanage our pets in PvP blows ass.

I dont think VW is useless. I personally always start arenas with succy because she is useful against any combo in arenas (seduce). I generally stick with her against caster groups instead of switching to puppy. However, against melee/melee groups in 2's VW gets the job done. Our pets are completely situational but each has a use in pvp... well, maybe not imp.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    I dont think VW is useless. I personally always start arenas with succy because she is useful against any combo in arenas (seduce). I generally stick with her against caster groups instead of switching to puppy. However, against melee/melee groups in 2's VW gets the job done. Our pets are completely situational but each has a use in pvp... well, maybe not imp.
    Ok, it's not completely useless because the shield is awesome, but our pet design is poor. In order for a warlock to be good, we have to micromanage our pets while managing our CC targets, while doing damage, while running away from melee. Making our pets more like hunter pets would make things a lot easier.