Any other rets having this problem?

I have mainly 25 man and 10 and 25 heroic ToC gear and I'm over hit and exp cap. Without glyph of SoV I'm not capped but I don't really want to be under cap, I'd rather be over by a few than under so changing the glyph is out. My current weapon has hit on it, once I get the heroic 25 man axe off faction champs I'll be under cap, but once I get the neck off twins I'll be over again.

Tl:dr, any other rets over hit and exp cap and you don't see that changing until 3.3?

Edit: Forgot to link armory, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Ob%C3%AAryn

Also another quick question, Wrathstone or Dark Matter?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Any other rets having this problem?

How much over? It seems your only slightly over if changin out 1 piece will bring you below cap. The easiest way i manuever between caps is to have trinkets with expertise and hit. If you fall below on one, use the corresponding trinket until you can get some armor that will let you use a more beneficial trinket.

Being under either cap is not good, trinkets are easy fixes with out losing set bonuses or better gear, imo.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Get the 245 Tier 9 chest. I'm sure you have the emblems and access to the trophy if you are doing heroic 25 ToC. Icewalker on boots when you are 2.9% over hit cap? Now I see why you are having difficutly fixing the hit problem.

And Dark Matter.

I have an expertise trinket, the one from heroic 10 man ToC but I'm currently at 22 exp without seal of vengence up. The seal and the trinket both bring me up by 10, so if I dropped the glyph and used the trink I'd still be at 32 exp. I was considering buying the emblem hit trinket, might still do it at some point in the future. I have 324 hit atm, weapon provides 78 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Get the 245 Tier 9 chest. I'm sure you have the emblems and access to the trophy if you are doing heroic 25 ToC. Icewalker on boots when you are 2.9% over hit cap? Now I see why you are having difficutly fixing the hit problem.

And Dark Matter.
    Hmm, I think the 245 t9 chest is a bit of a downgrade for me at this point, I have the chest from heroic 25 man Faction Champs. And as for Icewalker, I'm just using it for the crit at this point, was thinking about grabbing the AP enchant though.

I don't have that problem, but then again, my gear is that of a casual gamer, meaning pug25's, ulduar10 and whatever else I can buy for emblems. I have 26 expertise with SoV and I'm hit capped with Edge of Ruin as my weapon.

The thing is, the further you get in raids, the more you get ArP and haste on your items instead of 'traditional' bonuses like crit, hit or expertise.

How I see it is like this: You have to ask yourself how to gem. Yes, every ret pala who reads game forums will say you should gem strength and nothing else, but you already have LOADS of strength on items and you have a ton of sockets. Switch around in your items, see how you can get to 26 expertise (with or without glyph) and then just gem accordingly.
    If you ask me, gemming purely strength is for players who don't have gear for anything else. You have the gear to experiment - break the system, find your own way

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oberyn420
    Hmm, I think the 245 t9 chest is a bit of a downgrade for me at this point, I have the chest from heroic 25 man Faction Champs. And as for Icewalker, I'm just using it for the crit at this point, was thinking about grabbing the AP enchant though.
    Just because it is a higher item level doesn't mean it is an upgrade. The hit isn't being used and haste is garbage. It may be close due to the high levels of strength but I'll confirm when I get home from work. If you want the extra crit you should properly gem your gear. You use a nightmare tear in a socket where you should gem 10str/10crit for a total of 18str/10crit. Rule of thumb with 2 piece t9 you gem 10str/10crit in yellow sockets which will net you a bonus of 4str or more. There are multiple gear pieces you have which should be gemmed this way. Helm and boots off the top of my head. In either your pants or chest you could put a nightmare tear, 10str/10crit, and 20str to fufill the meta requirement, which will get you the 8str bonus on that item, and allow you to properly gem the rest of the gear. This is getting off the topic of hit but it just goes to show there are things you could be doing to decrease the hit and increase dps. Not being able to fix this until 3.3 is a ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn
    I don't have that problem, but then again, my gear is that of a casual gamer, meaning pug25's, ulduar10 and whatever else I can buy for emblems. I have 26 expertise with SoV and I'm hit capped with Edge of Ruin as my weapon.

The thing is, the further you get in raids, the more you get ArP and haste on your items instead of 'traditional' bonuses like crit, hit or expertise.

How I see it is like this: You have to ask yourself how to gem. Yes, every ret pala who reads game forums will say you should gem strength and nothing else, but you already have LOADS of strength on items and you have a ton of sockets. Switch around in your items, see how you can get to 26 expertise (with or without glyph) and then just gem accordingly.
    If you ask me, gemming purely strength is for players who don't have gear for anything else. You have the gear to experiment - break the system, find your own way
    your opinion is your own, but it's wrong. There is never any diminishing returns on strength (whereas crit does), nor can you ever have enough/too much. It affects every aspect of our damage, and it scales with buffs and talents (whereas crit does not). The only time you should gem anything else but strength is a str/crit in a yellow socket with a bonus of 4+ str or more, and even then it's only an increase of DPS if you are in nearly all BiS gear.

To the OP: vengeance glyph is a DPS increase over exo if you are 5 or more expertise under cap. Your gear looks solid, some times there is no way to avoid being over hit or expertise cap. An upgrade is an upgrade, though. If in question, check Rawr for guidance.

Sup dawg, heard u liek str ^_^! Those sockets are sik

Quote Originally Posted by Samelar
    Deathwing: "Heh.What are you doesent made you something more than a Mortal.IM the Deathwing!And I will KILL YOU!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    are you retdad of dreadmaul if so i would just liek to psot knowone raid with this guy he ninjas offspec items...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    He's a product of Natural Selection.... someone drank a case of Natural Light and knocked up an Irish, morbidly obese Downs chick.

Do yourself a favor and listen to swampmoose.

If I could revoke your dark matter I would.

Your attitude and Icewalker at way over hit cap say it all. Not to mention your 10stats is in a yellow socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Do yourself a favor and listen to swampmoose.

If I could revoke your dark matter I would.

Your attitude and Icewalker at way over hit cap say it all. Not to mention your 10stats is in a yellow socket.
    Somewhat mean, but completely true...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag