Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What up with all the Overhealing hate?

YYo all mmo-champ's 8)

Okay i cut right to the chase right after i state some facts.

I'm healing on my holy paladin alt.
    gear: 213-219 areage, BAD tier 9 gloves tops!
    stats unbuffed:
    2000 sp
    25k mana

.. is it me or are everyone seeing overhealing as a bad thing.

1. chase.

10man VoA pug.

groupsetup:
    2 tanks
    Holy priest (leader)
    me
    6 dps

anyway, took me forever to get into the group simply becourse the priest was keep saying i was undergeared and couldn't heal it.

standing in front of the fire boss everything set, ready, GO!!

4-5min later the boss went down (like my mana :'( )

when i saw efektive healing done i was shocked, i did 4 times more healing then the priest.
    I flashed in Ra-chat and get these responds:
    tank: bless you lehto (my name)
    dps: stop spaming
    healer: sadly the healer was flashing a "overhealing done in % meter" and says, ya but 60% of your healing was overhealing.

i was like WTF...

2. chase

25man VoA pug.
    same thing happend i tops the meters my 4-5% overall.
    and gets flamed by "your overhealing!!"

3. chase

10man ToTc pug (6 from my guild (mains/alts) and 4 from outside)

Twins.
    setup:
    1 holy priest
    1 restro druid
    ME
    2 tanks
    ehmmm 5! dps

okay the way we used to do when we run good healers, (me and mains in guild) we 2 heal but the priest was new and we wont wipe so i speced healer to help.

/RW priest heal left side, restro heal right side, lehto stands in middle and help when i wants to.

bim bam BOOM headshot twins died.

again i healed 1. with 55% overall.
    the priest starts blame my "bad" healing since i did twice overhealing then him.
    i was keep stating : ya i know i overheal a lot, but i keep the raid alive.. i got almost 29k mana buffed, i want to be oom at the end of the fight raither then have 80% mana back and 4 dead dps.

Am i right or wrong here?

Re: What up with all the Overhealing hate?

Overhealing is only bad if you go oom

Or if someone dies and its the healer's fault

Healing meters dont mean jack if you do your job.

also, overhealing due to Beacon of Light should be disregarded, and any fuckwat who thinks it counts towards actual overhealing is a retard

if the healers didn't go oom, and the boss dies, there is absolutly no problem with over healing

glyph of holy light + beacon= alot of overhealing, really, holy pallies overheal alot, happened for me aswell, it really doesnt matter unless ur at bottom of charts and wiping every time.

all holy pals do is over heal, thats why you bring em to the raid right?
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah overhealing is just something that u have to get used to as a holy pally. U do tons of effective healing tho, so it usually a problem. As long as u aren't going oom cuz ur just spamming HL for 20 mins than overhealing in no problem. fact of the matter is that pallys have the biggest 1 person heal( beacon makes it two) and unless u are doing something like TotGC25 ur tanks seldomly take enough dmg for u to have to spam holylights, thus overhealing was born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Deleted

Dude, seems like you've run into a bunch of nabs.

Doing any less then 60% overhealing as a paladin would mean your doing something wrong.

Also I might've been wrong, but setting a paladin to raidheal on twins? I must have understood you wrong cause none can be that stupid...

10+ Year Old Account

Holy paladin's are suppose to overheal allot, nothing bad about it.
    Prolly the priest is just jealous cuz het got beaten on the healing meters which mean jack if people didn't die.

I only look at the healing meters when there are allot of wipes going on really (I do heal myself and lead raids).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fajer
    Also I might've been wrong, but setting a paladin to raidheal on twins? I must have understood you wrong cause none can be that stupid...
    Yeah that seemed kind of backwards to me as well, seeing as how a holypally could keep both tanks up, and the druid or priest could do the group heals
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Holy Paladins overheal alot, that cant be avoided. They have 3 healing spells: one small mana efficient heal, one instant not very mana efficient heal, and one huge heal. Thats it.

Very rarely will you run into situations where one of those heals will heal for the "perfect amount." People, tanks especially usually need to be healed for more than 5K. DPS dont always need to be healed for 12-17K (accounting for HL crits). Tanks need to be healed for alot, but rarely will the heal that tops them off be exactly the amount they were missing in their health pool.

As long as people stay alive, you are pulling your own weight, and you dont go OOM before the end of the fight, you are doing fine. Dont let anyone tell you different.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Overhealing is a sign that you're actually casting rather than standing doing bugger all.

Also, as Paladins are single target healers, of course we're going to over heal for a ton.

Tell them to play a Pally and see if they can avoid overhealing if they think they can do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    Yeah that seemed kind of backwards to me as well, seeing as how a holypally could keep both tanks up, and the druid or priest could do the group heals
    we were just seeing how good the priest was by giving them normal healer asignments, i was just a all arund healer

tl,dr.

What up with all the Overhealing hate? I read only you play holy paladin, so if someone says you are overhealing way too much, just dont listen to them, because they fail at knowing paladin.

The HEALING DONE on recount has NOTHING to do with overhealing

Healing done = effective heals
    Overhealing = noneffective heals

Healing done DOES NOT INCLUDE OVERHEALING

Quote Originally Posted by wasovski
    YYo all mmo-champ's 8)

Okay i cut right to the chase right after i state some facts.

I'm healing on my holy paladin alt.
    gear: 213-219 areage, BAD tier 9 gloves tops!
    stats unbuffed:
    2000 sp
    25k mana

.. is it me or are everyone seeing overhealing as a bad thing.

1. chase.

10man VoA pug.

groupsetup:
    2 tanks
    Holy priest (leader)
    me
    6 dps

anyway, took me forever to get into the group simply becourse the priest was keep saying i was undergeared and couldn't heal it.

standing in front of the fire boss everything set, ready, GO!!

4-5min later the boss went down (like my mana :'( )

when i saw efektive healing done i was shocked, i did 4 times more healing then the priest.
    I flashed in Ra-chat and get these responds:
    tank: bless you lehto (my name)
    dps: stop spaming
    healer: sadly the healer was flashing a "overhealing done in % meter" and says, ya but 60% of your healing was overhealing.

i was like WTF...

2. chase

25man VoA pug.
    same thing happend i tops the meters my 4-5% overall.
    and gets flamed by "your overhealing!!"

3. chase

10man ToTc pug (6 from my guild (mains/alts) and 4 from outside)

Twins.
    setup:
    1 holy priest
    1 restro druid
    ME
    2 tanks
    ehmmm 5! dps

okay the way we used to do when we run good healers, (me and mains in guild) we 2 heal but the priest was new and we wont wipe so i speced healer to help.

/RW priest heal left side, restro heal right side, lehto stands in middle and help when i wants to.

bim bam BOOM headshot twins died.

again i healed 1. with 55% overall.
    the priest starts blame my "bad" healing since i did twice overhealing then him.
    i was keep stating : ya i know i overheal a lot, but i keep the raid alive.. i got almost 29k mana buffed, i want to be oom at the end of the fight raither then have 80% mana back and 4 dead dps.

Am i right or wrong here?
    Your using meters rather then skill to try and validate your raid spot aka your a bad

Yeah, I think where holy pallies are concerned, a lot of the overhealing comes from Beacon of Light, which should be fine since if you're not using BoL, you're probably not playing your pally correctly.

OH is only bad if you are running out of mana. As long as you heal effectively and keep everyone alive who cares how much over healing you do? It's like telling your dps that they are doing too much damage.

Over-healing is a worthless thing to critique someone for, unless you run oom of course.

As I always told fgtz who whined about it; over-healing won't kill the tank, not healing enough will.