Thread: Help please.

Help please.

Well, according to Rawr I should be getting about 5.5k dps with my raid buff configuration, but I average about 3.8-4k dps. My rotation is ABx4 AM (with or without MB procced.) and supposedly I should have at least 1k more dps. Can you please give me some advise on what I should change, or does the RNG just hate me?
    Here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=Frostbiten

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Re: Help please.

I am fairly certain that is the wrong rotation. I'm not postitive. I rarely play my mage and never as arcane, but that just doesn't strike me as right.

Well, according to Rawr if I use that rotation I should get 5.5 with raid buffs (unbuffed around 3.5, which I get on the target dummy, so I really don't feel that is the problem.)

How are you using your cooldowns? Proper cooldown usage is important.

You should expect to be somewhat below Rawr's theoretical DPS output. Rawr assumes perfect execution, which you're unlikely to achieve in a typical raid setting. It's an excellent tool for comparing the values of various gear, buff, and spec configurations, but don't expect to hit the DPS numbers Rawr has.

I realize that, but 1.5k behind what they would guess seems a little bit low, even considering that. I normally use my cooldowns at the beginning at the fight, unless I know that hero will be used at 50-70%, because if it is after that, they are probably ready to use again.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbiten
    I realize that, but 1.5k behind what they would guess seems a little bit low, even considering that. I normally use my cooldowns at the beginning at the fight, unless I know that hero will be used at 50-70%, because if it is after that, they are probably ready to use again.
    what fight are you gauging this on? targetting adds (non-debuffed) would lower dps, as would movement. another thing to consider is fail mbarr procs. just did an alg25 and on our first (failed) pull i was sitting at low 6k dps simply because i ended up with a number of 4-stacks without an mbarr proc, given that it wasnt a full fight and there's crit RNG to consider. I ended our killshot at 7.4k, the point where we wiped on the first pull i was around 6.9. my rawr theoretical is 9.2k.

Check your latency and dps-time settings.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Also ur gemming, 12sp/15stam is really not good. use 12sp/10spirit which gives u more crit, and ur WAY over hit cap i would say so go for 12sp/10 haste or just haste cause more haste for u couldnt hurt.

Oh, I'll switch those gems for sure, I though 12sp/10sp was yellow, not blue.

its green/blue

also when ur gear is getting better and u get alot of haste from gear u should go 10haste/12sp all red or yellow gems
    will give u 1sp more every 2nd gem u have of it insted of 23sp 20haste