Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Noobish hunter questions

As the title states, I was wondering if anyone can help me with these scrubish questions.

1.) Does Spell power benefit hunters at all? Like Arcane shot or Explosive shot.
    2.) If it does, how much of a benefit does fish feast give (with the ap and sp) compared to agil food?
    3.) Does spell crit do anything for hunters?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Noobish hunter questions

No they go from your AP hunters dont need SP at all the only reason we have int on our gear is cause were using mana (atm i for one cant wait till it changes) you want to gem AGI, AP, crit, and hit thats what i have im not a full time raider (i do some 10/25 man when i can be bothered)

here is my armoury hope it helps
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...S%C3%ADnjarrow

(im a little under hit cap atm)

and fish feast is for a whole raid thats why it has SP in the buff so every one can benefit from it

EDIT: added AGI to my gem list cause i forgot to add it : ???

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Thank you

Arcane shot: [RAP * 0.15 + X] Arcane damage.

explosive shot: [RAP * 0.14 + 144]-[RAP * 0.14 + 172] Fire damage.

Spellpower doesn't come into the damage calculations of either of these spells.

1. Spell power has ZERO benefit to a hunter. Arcane & Explosive shot's damage bonus are derived from Ranged Attack Power.
    2. The attack power from fish feast will be a benefit but NOT the spell power. Go for Agility and/or Attack Power food.
    3. Spell crit does NOTHING for a hunter, you want regular crit.

fyi - traps are not affected by spell power or ranged attack power, their damage (fire & snake) can only be increased through talents (survival tree).
    There's a whole lot of rhythm going round.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfunk

3. Spell crit does NOTHING for a hunter, you want regular crit.
    LOL nice answer, you realize there is no such thing as spell crit anymore right? its all just crit

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sin3671
    No they go from your AP hunters dont need SP at all the only reason we have int on our gear is cause were using mana (atm i for one cant wait till it changes) you want to gem AP, crit, and hit thats what i have im not a full time raider (i do some 10/25 man when i can be bothered

and fish feast is for a whole raid thats why it has SP in the buff so every one can benefit from it
    Unless you are BM you should be gemming AGI actually. Agi will benefit far more from raid buffs and both MM and SV give % increases to their AGI (SV farm more than MM). BM would probably gem agi if their pet inherited any crit, but as it stands their pet only benefits from AP)

MM might gem ArP is they had a ArP trinket and needed more ArP than was on their gear to reach the magic satic ArP number.

I gem for socket bonuses that are Agi or AP, as long as they are enough of the said stat and do not require me to use multi color blue gems (apart from my one nightmare tear).

as such:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gar&n=Lornehil

Quote Originally Posted by Lornehil
    Unless you are BM you should be gemming AGI actually. Agi will benefit far more from raid buffs and both MM and SV give % increases to their AGI (SV farm more than MM). BM would probably gem agi if their pet inherited any crit, but as it stands their pet only benefits from AP)

MM might gem ArP is they had a ArP trinket and needed more ArP than was on their gear to reach the magic satic ArP number.

I gem for socket bonuses that are Agi or AP, as long as they are enough of the said stat and do not require me to use multi color blue gems (apart from my one nightmare tear).
    Just a question inbetween: isn't pure AP >>>>> Agi, as (in a raid) you should have enough crit anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gigaryzr
    LOL nice answer, you realize there is no such thing as spell crit anymore right? its all just crit
    If I hover over intellect, I see it improves my spell crit. That's what I remembered

Blackened Dragonfin is the best food (atm) for any Spec hunter. Usually pretty pricey on the AH but if your fishing is high enough for Dragonfin Angelfish mats are 1 fish and 1 NR spice.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    Just a question inbetween: isn't pure AP >>>>> Agi, as (in a raid) you should have enough crit anyway?
    Agi gets buffed more in raids that AP generally does. (BM doesn't really care yet again though, as Ap is far more useful them until pets again stats like agi or crit from us)

ie: kings

Stats are multiplicative in how they effect your damage generally (ArP tends to work against that notion, though you have to realize that unless you have good stats before you start stacking it it won't increase your dps that much). So stacking just AP when you have a low crit or just crit with a low Ap is not as good as raising them both, especially for a class that needs to crit a fair amount.

As mentioned, most SV hunters get a 15-18% bonus to their agi. That is quite a bit and going for AP instead of AGi at that point is just a bad idea.

MM used to try and stack AP before we had our bleed talent, piercing shots as we had a 10% static bonus to our AP. Gaining that as a damage increaser has made us much more cirt dependent as 3 of our 5 used shots above 20% now have a 315.9% damage modifier (assuming you are using the 3% crit damage meta like a good hunter) and the other 2 still have 243% (kill as has a 243% modifier). Crit is a much more important that it was before (and it was good before), but we need the AP to push up the base damage to make that crit modifier matter, so agi, which has both is prime real estate.

Also consider the number of gems of AP and crit needed to equal the amount of AP and crit agi gems give. Lets use a round 1% of crit for ease of calculation, so 83.3 agi.

Now, for a SV hunter, this is 95.795 Agi which is the same AP and 1.15% Crit. We will assume that I gained at least that last 3.3 agi from random set bonuses (among oother things I might have gotten) for simplicity's sake and say it took me 20 epic agi gems to get that number. To get the same stats though pure AP and pure crit I would need 2 Pure AP gems (40 ap), and for crit (45.91 to 1% crit at 80, so we need 52.7965 crit (we will round to 50) we need 2 more pure crit gems, then a orange crit/AP gem to get the last 20ish AP and 10ish crit. So it actually takes a whole extra gem to gain the same benefit as pure AGI for SV.

For MM that same agi is a bit less, 86.632 Agi and 1.04% Crit. I'm not going to do the math here but even though the outcome is closer agi is still the victor.

Now consider that this is before something like a kings buff, increase the effects of all your agi stacking by another 10% while your crit and AP remain unaffected.

Agi is better, period

The only benefit you can get from offensive-casters is:

Intellect buff from mages.
    Curse of Elements or -insert boomkin spell that does the same- which buffs your explosive shot/black arrow/serpent sting/serpent sting portion of Chimera shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lornehil
    Agi is better, period

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub
    serpent sting portion of Chimera shot.
    Chimera Shot is entirely Nature damage, not just the Serpent bloom.

How does this falsehood persist? >
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

sp is the new agi :P

Quote Originally Posted by AnArmedKurd
    No. Not unless you crit-cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Chimera Shot is entirely Nature damage, not just the Serpent bloom.

How does this falsehood persist? >
    Dunno, I dont play MM very much, but since its logged seperately in Recount i figured one was nature based, the other weapon/physical.

This is why God made combat logs. ._.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Sin3671
    No they go from your AP hunters dont need SP at all the only reason we have int on our gear is cause were using mana (atm i for one cant wait till it changes) you want to gem Agi, AP, crit, and hit thats what i have im not a full time raider (i do some 10/25 man when i can be bothered

Fix'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    This is why God made combat logs. ._.
    Marry me. -_-