Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Marrowgar, Icecrown Citadel, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stratorogue
    So we all know those lines from Yogg-Sarons brain room. "I Will break you.. as I broke HIM." ect..

Was the man that was being tortured Bolvar? Or????
    Yes it was, but I do not know who the "HIM" was refering to... probably Deathbringer Saurfang, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    [size=3]

[center][size=3][b][color=red] yes I do realize you can't push the key if your hands are on your eyes.

The HUD is called power auras

It's only Bolvar if it's alliance. The horde will see Saurfang Jr.

"This is...really not hard at all." --- Raider in the video.

*thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by Nightseye
    It's only Bolvar if it's alliance. The horde will see Saurfang Jr.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer
    They aren't talking about people checking out gear scores and achievements and making reasonable intelligent decisions about who gets into your progression raid. They're talking about "OMG, why is this guy tanking H-Nex with a 2100 GS? He's horrible! Why I had to cast two whole heals on him during that trash pull!" I've seen this myself. My alt is a druid, and her off spec is tanking. Now, as the off-spec of an alt, her tanking gear is unsurprisingly lack luster. It's not awful (and it's getting better), but it's not fantastic either. I've actually had PuGs comment about how she *only* had 31K health (closer to 35K now, but this was a few weeks ago) tanking H-VH.

I mean seriously. It wasn't all that long ago that most people were in half blues-half purples, Naxx25 gear was the shit, we *drooled* over a tank with >30K health in a PuG, and we were doing the SAME content. Half blues-half purples is pretty much acceptable gear up through Naxx 10. If the rest of the raid is strong then carrying someone in ALL blues through Naxx10 is no big deal (My guild got the 8 man achievement a few months ago on a mostly alt run. We had two guys below 2K DPS, and my druid's heal set at the time was as bad or worse than her tank set is now. We has three or four mostly Ulduar geared people that kept things from falling apart). Naxx25 gear acceptability runs at "mostly heroic purple".

Doesn't mean you need to bring a guy in all blues on your ToC run, or even your Ony run, but people are getting ridiculous about gear score.
    I don't mean this to sound like one of "Those posts" but it's going to anyways:
    What we are seeing is a direct result/action to Blizzard's creation of more accessible and easy content. When content was "hard" or at least getting gear was somewhat difficult, Heroic gear and Naxx/Ulduar gear was impressive. Progression was very straight forward and took some time

But now?

Just hit 80 and walk into ToC, or even H ToC if you have friends who can carry you. You can jump straight into gear comparable to Ulduar normal. Run normal ToC 25/10 , Vault 25/10 and your Heroic Daily. That's roughly 50 badges a week, which is enough to almost 2 pieces of 10 man Tier 9. I'm not saying the content is EASY, but the speed at which you can gear up to current gear levels has never been faster in the history of WoW.

As a direct result of this ease of gearing the expectations of players involving gear has skyrocketed. It's now expected you have a huge "gear rating" it's now expected that your tanks have close to or above 40k health, your healers with 2.5k SP, your DPS all above 6k. Fights have become so easy that people are no longer used to non-one-shots. If you wipe once on Emalon, 6+ people Rage-Quit. If they get, or don't get their gear off Koralon, 5+ people quit. You need achivement links and stat links and gear lists to get into even Heroic Dailies or Naxx.

For every action there is an equal reaction. Because Gear acquisition has become easier and fights have become easier, Player expectations have become higher, and patience has become lower. Everyone wants immediate gear, immediate results and with minimal effort or hassle required.

I blame those people who demand gear scores and armory checks and achievement links a lot. But at the same time I can't fault them for doing it as it's just a natural reaction to the direction of the game.

/two cents

The gearscore thing, is that a US thing only because i have yet to see anyone in EU complain about it, or even seen it mentioned anywhere in trade, and i play on one of the biggest EU servers...

maybe its just that EU players isn't all retarded who think gearscore means everything hoho

A new age of strife, really? You will all serve me?

Is Arthas the next Power Rangers villain now? Have they not fucked up his character enough? He's just a cardboard cutout now.

Gear Score is so moronic. I can't get a Alt into Naxx on my server because of that BS.

Tell me about it, had this douche on Thrall, 5800 something gear score, Pally healer, can't keep a well geared tank and DPS alive during H ToC.

Bring the player, not the gear.

i have to know the interface addon(cast bars.. etc), which they use in this video. someone tell me plz!!!!

ty.

15+ Year Old Account

bolvar for horde
    suarfang jr for ally ...