Neophyte disco priest partner for 2s

Hola,

I know this question is asked a lot but I would like to know what would be the best partner for me to step into the arena as a disco Priest.
    A lot of people suggest me to go with a rogue and I would like to know why so?
    I did some skirmish with a rogue. I have quite some res (800) and I didn't take a lot of damage, but the rogue couldn't control any of the opposing players nor could he get anything of me that tries to kill me.
    So, I wonder wouldn't it better if I team up with something that can actually get players of my back, like DK with Death Grip, or a War? They use plate and a rogue is just a lil bit less squishy than me.

Thanks

Re: Neophyte disco priest partner for 2s

Quote Originally Posted by seifadiaz
    Hola,

I know this question is asked a lot but I would like to know what would be the best partner for me to step into the arena as a disco Priest.
    A lot of people suggest me to go with a rogue and I would like to know why so?
    I did some skirmish with a rogue. I have quite some res (800) and I didn't take a lot of damage, but the rogue couldn't control any of the opposing players nor could he get anything of me that tries to kill me.
    So, I wonder wouldn't it better if I team up with something that can actually get players of my back, like DK with Death Grip, or a War? They use plate and a rogue is just a lil bit less squishy than me.

Thanks

Sir, Your rogue friend fails.
    Guns dont kill people, people with a moustache kill people

Re: Neophyte disco priest partner for 2s

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiqtpai

your rogue should not be using more than 650 resil so that they can wear PvE offpieces to give them ridiculous dps
    Don't listen to that, in the 2s bracket with priest/rogue theres a 50/50 chance that your rogue will be the target. And having low res will only make you go oom faster. Especially with a healer/dps comp you both need res, obviously you need more being a cloth and such, anything above 1k you'll start noticing a difference.

To start, this is a fucking amazing comp if played right. I highly suggest going smite spec. You have everything you need (penance, PS, PI) I think the glyphs are Penance, PS, and smite.

How this works, this is just the basic step by step that you could describe as a good clean kill.

Pally/DK - If you are playing below 2k arena, most of your teams won't be highly skilled. Obviously there are exceptions. Anyway, you want to try and get a sap off, hopefully the DK. If he is good, its near impossible because he can use his pet to get in combat. Assuming you get a sap off, your priest needs to be mounted and rush the pallly and start doting him up and using 1 or 2 dispels to get taht sacred shield off. Your rogue needs to stun him and as a priest this is where you smite spec wtfpwns. PI yourself, holy fire, the start smiting. With you and the rogue on the priest for 5-10 seconds, he will have to bubble. Mass dispel and win.
    You can do this either way. If you don't get a sap on the DK, meaning hes rushing your priest you need to switch, sap that pally, PRIEST HAS TO DISPEL SAC, otherwise when you hit him, it will break the sap. This team works off speed, so your rogue needs to be very skilled at using his CD's perfectly.

Thats just the basic way this team can work. Obviously you wont be able to kill everyone within the sap so you need to line up fears to hit as soon as that sap wears off. If you do, the rogue can vanish and resap him if he eats it because he won't be able to get back in combat.

I've played a team, not really worthy of saying they were good. But we actually had a 1:20 minute fight were the healer didn't get in combat once. Basically went like this: Sap > Fear > sap > blind > Mind Control > Dead.

GL