Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Married Team - Double Palidan's

I had to register here just so I could answer your question: YES! Do it!

I play as a Holy Pally (with Retri as off-spec) and my brother plays Prot Pally, and oh my goodness - we are a formidable force. And one to be reckoned with at that!

We didn't level up together, however at level 80 we do everything together. Dailies / group quests that require more than one person (I.E. Chillmaw from 'Threat from Above') can be solo'd by my brother. However, it's not fast. So I come along and speed things up with my DPS, or ensure survivability as Holy.

We do heroics together. We have tank and healer down already, rounding up DPS is no problem. This cuts down LFG time significantly. I also don't have to worry about the dungeon itself taking very long - my brother is an exceptional tank, and he trusts me as a healer completely.

We raid together. If being tank / healer combo wasn't awesome enough, we supply amazing raid buffs. Usually 2 pallies is more than enough for a raid, so (even though it sounds a bit selfish) your wife shouldn't have to worry about rolling against other healers for plate gear. I've geared up pretty fast from this happening.

And then there's Dual-Spec. This completely transformed my pally experience - after 2 years of healing, it's safe to say that I was getting pretty darn annoyed with having to do my dalies as Holy spec, and didn't have the time to level up another alt. I love playing pally to bits, so having an instant level 80 Retri pally was just amazing. It felt almost like a new character, and opened up so many doors for me. My brother benefitted from me having Dual-Spec also - we now farm BC heroics together for rep / mounts (MgT for the White Hawkstrider) and blitz through them.

Two pallies really is, in my eyes, the perfect duo. We can take a severe beating due to being plate wearers, bubble out of tough situautions, Lay on Hands ourselves / each other... the list is endless. I highly, highly recommend the class for levelling as well and end-game purposes.

(Also, I see alot of people say that Holy Paladin is 'boring'. I completely disagree. I love being able to do the biggest heals, I love the fact that I can do massive instant heals with Holy Shock and I love having the biggest mana pool due to Intellect being an awesome stat for Holy Pallies. I like the way my Paladin casts and the fact that it's my favourite race (Blood Elf), making me enjoy playing Paladin even more. Because of this, I'll probably never end up playing an alt seriously. Paladin crosses all the T's and dots all the I's for me.)

If I were the healer leveling up with another person, I'd personally want to help dps a bit from time to time. The paladin is the only healer class not able to do caster dps, which is inconvenient in that respect.
    So, at max level and for instances, Paladin/Paladin might be a good combination (just like most other tank/healer combinations), but for questing/grinding, another healer class than paladin would be less restricted in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account

It will basically come down to 1 issue. If you are comfortable with her siphoning off you dps while you are doing all the work spamming your 6969696 rotation?
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

For leveling, tank + heal is secure like wearing 2 condoms while just watching a girl 100 yards away.

Damage + Damage Hybrid is the fastest and funnest.

If the wants to play a paladin, double ret would work out great.
    Protection is great for aoe grinding, but playing together, questing is more fun. Prots disadvantage is its not so good mana management. Ret with SoComm Glyph and JotW later is more dynamic.

As for equipment:
    Prot and ret pally both use str + stam stuff.
    Holy can decide between int + stam = a lot of mana, and str + stam for dealing some damage

As a team, ret paladin + enhancement shaman are awesome.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Thank you all for the feedback.

I have to say, this has been working out better then I thaught. We are both level 50 already, levels are flying by. It amazing how awsome this double palidan duo is working out. Currently I am Ret & she is Holy, both blood Elf. We can go in a round up 15 mobs (2 levels higher then us) for a quest and easily kill everything with mana to spare. As far as running into alliance while questing, when they see that were both Pallys, they run, and they run quick. Especially when were standing on a pile of 15 mobs.

not sure at what level I am going to have to switch to prot, but so far as ret, its working great for leveling.

As far as my wife liking her Holy Pally, she is loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critters
    I recently convinced my wife to start playing and was wanting to start a ret/prot pally, only class I havn't done yet. My wife is brand new and is wanting to heal and create a synergy with me as we level and reach 80 and raid etc. She too likes the idea of a holy pally.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of creating a ret & holy duo to level, then once were 80, do a prot & holy duo? Was thinking this would make getting groups easier if all we need is dps to fill spots. but really not sure, never had a pallly.

My husband is prot and I am holy, it is undoubtable the best combo ever. Gear stats are different so no problem there. We can run what we want when we want anytime day or night getting dps is easy.

When you level, level as ret dont go prot or holy until 80.

I play with my girlfriend a ret / holy pally combo. (We do BG's ;-) )

I think it rocks and is a nice combo. However if I could level all over again I would have taken a priest instead! It has nice healing aswell and adds more diversity to the play style..

But then again, that is just a personal preference and opinion

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I recently convinced my wife to start playing and was wanting to start a ret/prot pally, only class I havn't done yet. My wife is brand new and is wanting to heal and create a synergy with me as we level and reach 80 and raid etc. She too likes the idea of a holy pally.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of creating a ret & holy duo to level, then once were 80, do a prot & holy duo? Was thinking this would make getting groups easier if all we need is dps to fill spots. but really not sure, never had a pallly.

Honestly bud,

1) I would say if she is brand new, and wants to heal go Priest because it will have 2 healing styles that are viable for finding groups esp if she gets into raids.

2) Go druid if she might wanna tank, bc healing as a druid is stupid easy.

Deleted

Do you think there be an issues when it comes to gear drops if shes a holy pally & I am a prot pally? Gear is different, correct?
    Correct. Although every paladin spec will use practically same gear (str, int, sta) up to Outland and to levels where talents really start to make a difference.

If a pally wants to heal while leveling, he/she just swaps on stuff with more intellect for more mana. Also any paladin spec with high stamina and armor gear can tank anything non-heroic. In Vanilla content spec for tanks doesn't matter, because you have too few talent points to get anything important anyway.

And talents - once, for example, a ret pally reaches 3/3 Judgements of the Wise talent, he can stop stacking extra intellect and focus on strength and agility/crit. But a prot paladin's mana regeneration is based on Spiritual Attunement (talent deep in the prot tree, so zero mana regen before you have enough points for this) and talents refreshing Divine Plea, a spell you won't get until lvl 71.

If you want to save yourselves a lot of trouble, just go ret all the way to Northrend. With a healer a ret pally can aoe grind just as well as a prot, if not even better. And two ret palas will be an unstoppable killing machine, destroying any regular stuff before there's need for healing.