15+ Year Old Account

PTR Pass #4 - Semi-good news

Affliction

* Pandemic: This talent now also increases the critical strike damage bonus of the felhunter’s Shadow Bite spell by 100%.

Destruction

* Ruin: This talent now also increases the critical strike damage bonus of the imp’s Firebolt spell by 100%.

* Glyph of Life Tap: The effect of this glyph now has a chance of activating when Dark Pact is used.
    * Glyph of Quick Decay: This glyph allows for the warlock’s haste to reduce the time between periodic damage effects of Corruption.

---------------------------------------

Pandemic - We will probably all go affliction now - this was a good change
    Ruin - Given that an imp has 20% crit without T9, this is a good change as well. If the imp did 700 dps before, he is doing 700 / 1.3 x 1.5 = 807 dps now. This should make up for the lost damage from Conflag (remember that the lost conflag damage has to be averaged out across 10 seconds, thus making it close to 100dps)

Life Tap - making us use Dark Pact is a neat idea, but I won't use it until I get it off the GCD.
    Quick Decay - Go go haste scaling.

Summary - we're on a good path, lets hope that theres a few more buffs in the works to close the gap on other pures!

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PTR Pass #4 - Semi-good news

Yep, they appear to be listening somewhat. These changes make up for the Conflag nerf and buffs Affliction ever so slightly, but we are still going to be behind the curve compared to our counterparts. Fingers still crossed...

15+ Year Old Account

I just realized that the Dark Pact change is for PVP. /facepalm.

Good change there too imo. Affliction is mana hungry in the face of dispels.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I just realized that the Dark Pact change is for PVP. /facepalm.

Good change there too imo. Affliction is mana hungry in the face of dispels.
    Noone uses the Lifetap glyph in PvP, its useless without spirit pieces. Problem with Dark Pact in PvP is, to make your pet not going oom, you need to specc imp. felhunter and put shadowbite on auto. But shadowbite with a 2 (?) second cd just makes devour nearly unuseable, because of GCD.

I'm hoping they make the life tap glyph 100% proc off of dark pact. Right now the "chance" for it to proc just tells me that I'll never use it over spirit tap :S

I know I'm doing class comparisons, but why are they buffing all of the shadow priest's dots with haste, yet only getting us with corruption? CoA, CoD, UA, and SoC could all use this mechanic!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    I'm hoping they make the life tap glyph 100% proc off of dark pact. Right now the "chance" for it to proc just tells me that I'll never use it over spirit tap :S

I know I'm doing class comparisons, but why are they buffing all of the shadow priest's dots with haste, yet only getting us with corruption? CoA, CoD, UA, and SoC could all use this mechanic!
    Shadow Priests scale much worse than us, so if this change is completely overpowered they will see a ~massive~ hike in SPriest dps. If they did this with Warlocks we might get a bit too excited.

I think this is a viable solution thus far. We'll see how it goes.

R.I.P. YARG

Even though no PvP change it is still good news.

Quoted from mmo-champion homepage:
    Glyph of Life Tap: The effect of this glyph now has a chance of activating when Dark Pact is used.

According to the mmo-champion talent calculator, this glyph is worded to 100% proc from Dark pact and Lifetap. Can anyone in the PTR say which it is? Reality or tooltip error?

Couldn't find glyph on PTR. Will check again tomorrow.