Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heywes
    Feral druids would have been with the Ele shaman and the Destro warlock. Obviously feral is much easier to play then ret....
    "Wahhh I assume someone suggested ret paladins are harder to play than feral druids wahh wahh wahhhh."

    That's all I got out of your post. If you had something more interesting to say, say it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Any class can macro its rotation. One button TBC Hunters, anyone?
    I'll be using this on my mage from now on:

    castsequence reset=6 arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane missiles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

  2. #42

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    "Wahhh I assume someone suggested ret paladins are harder to play than feral druids wahh wahh wahhhh."

    That's all I got out of your post. If you had something more interesting to say, say it.


    I'll be using this on my mage from now on:

    castsequence reset=6 arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane missiles
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Any class can macro its rotation. One button TBC Hunters, anyone?
    Thats part of the point: that you can't have a DK without rerolling.

    Sad sarcasm makes me sad
    I'd rather Ret had a feral-like rotation.
    I agree, if ret had a feral like priority list, i would play my ret alot more, i get bored CD mashing

    Hunters and their mashing of steady shot, those were the days

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    "Wahhh I assume someone suggested ret paladins are harder to play than feral druids wahh wahh wahhhh."

    That's all I got out of your post. If you had something more interesting to say, say it.


    I'll be using this on my mage from now on:

    castsequence reset=6 arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane missiles
    I think i upset some one
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    If you can prove that all players are from Iowa, I will post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You don't just buy a site that works just fine with a plan to change everything, it's not worth the hassle, the only major change we could do to boost the traffic is to offer Night Elf porn to the users, and I was told I can't do that.
    If i ever have a chance to fly to France, i will do so with my only intention being to find you Boub and give you a hug for being so awesome ^_^ <3

  3. #43
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    I'll be using this on my mage from now on:

    castsequence reset=6 arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane blast, arcane missiles
    Almost any DPS spec can have their rotation used in the same way- Hence why they are called rotations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heywes
    I agree, if ret had a feral like priority list, i would play my ret alot more, i get bored CD mashing

    Hunters and their mashing of steady shot, those were the days
    Fights like Vexx are so boring, I catch up on my DVR or cook dinner while DPSing.

  4. #44

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    10/16/2009 11:56:08 PM Firefox Denied: geocities.com/* Databases

    Used to steal Passwords login information.

    Had my Virus software go nuts when i loaded this page. A moderator may want to look this over if someone is using a sig. or something malicious.

  5. #45

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrial
    10/16/2009 11:56:08 PM xxx Firefox Denied: geocities.com/* Databases

    Used to steal Passwords login information.

    Had my Virus software go nuts when i loaded this page. A moderator may want to look this over if someone is using a sig. or something malicious.
    Get adblock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

  6. #46
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrial
    10/16/2009 11:56:08 PM <REMOVED> Firefox Denied: geocities.com/* Databases

    Used to steal Passwords login information.

    Had my Virus software go nuts when i loaded this page. A moderator may want to look this over if someone is using a sig. or something malicious.
    I don't think our sub-mods can do anything about- Personally I'd open a new topic in the General page and disable the link in your post to prevent people from clicking on it.

    Link Edited, will be passing it on to global mods. Cheers for the reports guys. ~ Chronalis

  7. #47

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Judgement, divine storm, crusader strike, exorcism, consecrate. 5.

    Its raiding. Everyone has like 3-5 damaging spells they use throughout the whole fight. Weather or not they are faceroll, it doesnt matter, you're fighting npcs, you shouldn't care if its fair or not.

  8. #48
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Duceman
    Judgement, divine storm, crusader strike, exorcism, consecrate. 5.

    Its raiding. Everyone has like 3-5 damaging spells they use throughout the whole fight. Weather or not they are faceroll, it doesnt matter, you're fighting npcs, you shouldn't care if its fair or not.
    Cleanse
    Hand of Freedom
    Hand of Salvation
    Hand of Sacrifice
    Hand of Protection
    Flash of Light
    Turn Evil
    Holy Wrath
    Hammer of Wrath
    etc.

  9. #49

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

    Fights like Vexx are so boring, I catch up on my DVR or cook dinner while DPSing.
    i split my screen to show wow on one half and watch TV on the other, i should probably do my assignments instead but i prefer the tv :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    If you can prove that all players are from Iowa, I will post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You don't just buy a site that works just fine with a plan to change everything, it's not worth the hassle, the only major change we could do to boost the traffic is to offer Night Elf porn to the users, and I was told I can't do that.
    If i ever have a chance to fly to France, i will do so with my only intention being to find you Boub and give you a hug for being so awesome ^_^ <3

  10. #50
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heywes
    i split my screen to show wow on one half and watch TV on the other, i should probably do my assignments instead but i prefer the tv :P
    TV in the same room




    Although I have considered running my laptop through my widescreen in the basement and raiding on that...

  11. #51

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Duceman
    Judgement, divine storm, crusader strike, exorcism, consecrate. 5.

    Its raiding. Everyone has like 3-5 damaging spells they use throughout the whole fight. Weather or not they are faceroll, it doesnt matter, you're fighting npcs, you shouldn't care if its fair or not.
    And sometimes Hammer of Wrath and Holy Wrath. 7. Add in our utility spells and we're quickly up to 15+ that are routinely used.

    :P

    It's not the NUMBER of our abilities people complain about. We have more than most other classes. It's that we really don't have to pay attention to anything as far as timing or procs (although I think some of those people underestimate the effect of doing FCFS properly has on our dps; it takes a lot of practice and attention to make the priority reflexive when things are coming off cooldown at the same time or very close to each other).

    I also think people tend to overestimate the difficulty of their own spec. See, wars between fire and arcane mages over the "facerollness" of the other spec's rotations (both are faceroll; I play a raiding mage too).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

  12. #52
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    It's not the NUMBER of our abilities people complain about. We have more than most other classes. It's that we really don't have to pay attention to anything as far as timing or procs (although I think some of those people underestimate the effect of doing FCFS properly has on our dps; it takes a lot of practice and attention to make the priority reflexive when things are coming off cooldown at the same time or very close to each other).
    Nah- its because we don't have Ability Synergy and can use spells in any order without any prerequisite conditionals.

  13. #53

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Nah- its because we don't have Ability Synergy and can use spells in any order without any prerequisite conditionals.
    We CAN, but we shouldn't.

    I'd prefer if we had some synergy between our abilities (maybe the T10 2pc is a testing ground for that kind of thing?). Ghostcrawler did mention recently that "good" tier bonuses or glyphs might eventually become baseline or talents. That was in a discussion of making DoT/HoT abilities scale with haste, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

  14. #54

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    TV in the same room




    Although I have considered running my laptop through my widescreen in the basement and raiding on that...
    would it mess the resolution up? (i remember playing wow on a 42 inch running it from my 13inch laptop, looked sick but could have looked alot better) if not, i say go for it son!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    If you can prove that all players are from Iowa, I will post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You don't just buy a site that works just fine with a plan to change everything, it's not worth the hassle, the only major change we could do to boost the traffic is to offer Night Elf porn to the users, and I was told I can't do that.
    If i ever have a chance to fly to France, i will do so with my only intention being to find you Boub and give you a hug for being so awesome ^_^ <3

  15. #55

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heywes
    would it mess the resolution up? (i remember playing wow on a 42 inch running it from my 13inch laptop, looked sick but could have looked alot better) if not, i say go for it son!

    The problem with widescreen TVs is that they're only 1080p. This is fine if you're far enough away from them, but that sort of defeats the purpose of getting a huge in yo' face experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

  16. #56
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    We CAN, but we shouldn't.

    I'd prefer if we had some synergy between our abilities (maybe the T10 2pc is a testing ground for that kind of thing?). Ghostcrawler did mention recently that "good" tier bonuses or glyphs might eventually become baseline or talents. That was in a discussion of making DoT/HoT abilities scale with haste, but whatever.
    Like that one Shaman tier bonus.

    I'd still like some of the ideas I've come up with in the past (Search for "Zeal of the Crusader") to be put in :P

    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    The problem with widescreen TVs is that they're only 1080p. This is fine if you're far enough away from them, but that sort of defeats the purpose of getting a huge in yo' face experience.
    I can always project it on the back wall as well.

  17. #57

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Seriously... I've been Retribution only a handfull of times and have never raided as it because I don't like any Paladin specs other than Holy.

    Even though a Ret Paladin's rotation is not hard since it's just whichever ability is not on CD and whichever has a higher priority but still, not just anyone could raid as a Ret Paladin and own shit or even top meters. Maybe if all you had to do was stand in one place and DPS the boss...but come on... in order to be an actual skillful and successful Ret Paladin you have to be smart enough to "move out of the fire" and actually know what the hell to do for the boss.

    You couldn't throw any fucking Ret Pally into Yogg 0 or Firefighter and expect them to top meters. No, they would die right off the Fu*king bat.


    Bottom line is, I'm tired of people thinking that anyone could walk up and be a great ass Ret Pally... yea they might have killer DPS on a Target Dummy because YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAND IN ONE SPOT AND ATTACK! You have to actually be skillful in all aspects and most of all, smart and aware in order to be a good Ret Paladin.

    I'm done ranting now. Flame me all you want.



  18. #58
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobeth
    Seriously... I've been Retribution only a handfull of times and have never raided as it because I don't like any Paladin specs other than Holy.

    Even though a Ret Paladin's rotation is not hard since it's just whichever ability is not on CD and whichever has a higher priority but not just anyone could raid as a Ret Paladin and own shit or even top meters. Maybe if all you had to do was stand in one place and DPS the boss...but come on... in order to be an actual skillful and successful Ret Paladin you have to be smart enough to "move out of the fire" and actually know what the hell to do for the boss.

    You couldn't throw any fucking Ret Pally into Yogg 0 or Firefighter and expect them to top meters. No, they would die right off the Fu*king bat.


    Bottom line is, I'm tired of people thinking that anyone could walk up and be a great ass Ret Pally... yea they might have killer DPS on a Target Dummy because YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAND IN ONE SPOT AND ATTACK! But you have to actually be skillful in all aspects and most of all, smart and aware in order to be a good Ret Paladin.

    I'm done ranting now. Flame me all you want.
    Trust me, we do exist

  19. #59

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobeth
    Bottom line is, I'm tired of people thinking that anyone could walk up and be a great ass Ret Pally... yea they might have killer DPS on a Target Dummy because YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAND IN ONE SPOT AND ATTACK! You have to actually be skillful in all aspects and most of all, smart and aware in order to be a good Ret Paladin.
    Actually, we have pretty terrible DPS on training dummies compared to many other classes/specs. We rely on essentially every raid buff and debuff to do our best. Along with enhancement shamans and unholy DKs, we're the only other spec that needs the full array of both physical and magical buffs/debuffs. Enhancement shamans and unholy DKs, fortunately for them, bring a couple of the most powerful buffs along. Ret paladins don't.

    And DPSers of every spec need to know wtf to do and where to stand. It's not saying much to point out that ret paladins also require this. See my post of a couple pages back about all the OTHER things (besides moving and DPSing) ret paladins have to pay attention to. I think it's more clear and better stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    Maybe I'm having a stroke.
    Poutine.

  20. #60

    Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

    Quote Originally Posted by surma
    Dk's are all going to be re-rolls unless you are new to the game, go troll else where.

    The point thats being proven is that ret paladins dps cycle can be entirely macro'd there for they are a face roll class. Regardless of whether or not the macro is made for maximum dps or not it still works, and pallys are still a face roll class.

    If someone is going to use that macro and lose so much dps then they are bad and that's a whole different issue. Good pallies don't faceroll.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •