Subtlety viable for a Lvl 60 PvP Twink?

Hey
    I am levelling a rogue, and I'm thinking about keeping him at Lvl 60 for PvP.
    Right now he's combat specced, because of its advantages in soloing (with a rather wild and clueless talent distribution, but it works), but my favorite part of this class is the sneaking and ambushing part.
    That's why I thought about speccing Subtlety. Sadly I'm seeing many talents being apparently mandatory in other trees, mainly combat (Dual Wield specialization, Precision, Close Quarters Combat) but also Assassination (Cruelty).
    That's awkward, as with 60 I'm already short of talent points and couldn't afford the 51 talent if I put anything in another tree.
    So, what's the opinion of the experienced rogues in here? Is there a viable subtlety build for Lvl 60 or should I give up the idea completely?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

Re: Subtlety viable for a Lvl 60 PvP Twink?

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    Hey
    I am levelling a rogue, and I'm thinking about keeping him at Lvl 60 for PvP.
    Right now he's combat specced, because of its advantages in soloing (with a rather wild and clueless talent distribution, but it works), but my favorite part of this class is the sneaking and ambushing part.
    That's why I thought about speccing Subtlety. Sadly I'm seeing many talents being apparently mandatory in other trees, mainly combat (Dual Wield specialization, Precision, Close Quarters Combat) but also Assassination (Cruelty).
    That's awkward, as with 60 I'm already short of talent points and couldn't afford the 51 talent if I put anything in another tree.
    So, what's the opinion of the experienced rogues in here? Is there a viable subtlety build for Lvl 60 or should I give up the idea completely?

Sub is pretty delicious for 1v1. Go down to shadow dance imo. I played with it for a few days at 8 and if you SS ambush dance ambush prep SS ambush. shit dies.

Did sub at 60 for awhile got some nice gear and High Warlords Razor and things do Die fast AV was lots of fun Shadowdance is definitely the most fun with the most survivabillity (Prep) and the most mobility (Shadowstep) as an 80 subtlety rogue I can take down all but healers and even those must have a decent amount of resillience and SINCE there is no resillience at 60, Ambush really shines.

quick tips

during shadowdance, don't spam ambush. it's better if the target has low health because it's easier and requires less thought and dexterity in the fingers but Ambush Eviscerate Ambush will always be better. and if you have enough energy Eviscerate Again. the CP generation of Ambush is great. you will be blowing up all but the best geared plate.

also save Shadowstep even on melee classes it's good to save it untill after they get away from you I ussually don't use Shadowdance unless I either feel like being mean or I know I really need too. do your usual rotation untill they start gaining control of the fight then pop ShD ShS and the WTF moment is priceless.

=)

Okay, I thought I'd test it with my rogue (being lvl 48 back then), and I was amazed.
    At first I was shocked by my crit chance, but the advantages were convincing;
    I am practically invisible, and a critted ambush drops my target's health to 50% or less. Shadow step made it even better, though becoming lvl 50 moved me to the 50-59 bracket, and damped my killing spree. Still I have great fun assassinating enemies and/or confusing them, keeping them away from important business.

Though I have some questions on the playing style:
    1. After an ambush, without shadow dance, or generally after being unstealthed, what should I use? Backstab doesn't seem to be viable without 5 points in "Slaughter of the Shadows" and right now I'm just spamming Hemorrhage and Ghostly Strike, which seems to be rather pointless to me.
    2. Is there any point to use Kidney Shot? I'm using Eviscerate for my combo points, and don't see much use in anything else.
    3. When I finally got my weapons, what enchant should I use? I thought about accuracy, because it sucks if an Ambush doesn't crit, or even miss. Berserking is a procc, so not really reliable if I want to kill someone in a few seconds.

Well i am going to be nice and give you some advice..you dont have to take it but I must tell you.

A level 60 twink rogue use to be great, they would own just about anyone.

BUT when WOTLK came out it killed lvl 60 twinks, because now the lvl 55-59 DKs can faceroll ALL twinks because they start out in blues that are better than most 70 gear. Just some info you can take it or not. Yes Yes i know skill > gear but skill can only take you so far.

Already noticed this.

That's why I always avoid them, also I've got almost enough BG marks to get a complete PvP set, and I don't think they'll be so great in Twink BGs as there's almost no equip for them at level 60.

there is no level 60 bg, its 60-69 now, even av. Twinking at 60 will quickly make you regret it after a level 69 dk stomps your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiqtpai
    ^^ baddy who loses to dk's

I never lost to DK's at any point in time during wrath even right after release, and they were just broken as hell then

a rogue will also always beat a DK who doesn't have IBF up, as long as they aren't bad, since all DK's use runeforging and as such get dismantled for 10 seconds, and if the dk has IBF just evasion him down as well as a dismantle to remove his dps during stun immunity, hell you can gouge-dismantle-gouge and he basically does no dps for the whole of IBF then you can KS him immediately after and you win
    You are admittedly basing this off of terrible DKs, which granted most are. However...if someone is twinking a DK, which is what is being discussed, they are probably not your typical mouthbreather with no idea what they're doing.
    DK's are a plate wearing class with a pet that stuns and follows you through lolvanish (still). They have a gap-closer, snare, DoTs, and stun immunity. When played properly, DK's are the anti-rogue.
    Just because someone loses to a DK doesn't make them bad, it makes them comped.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiqtpai
    ^^ baddy who loses to dk's

I never lost to DK's at any point in time during wrath even right after release, and they were just broken as hell then

a rogue will also always beat a DK who doesn't have IBF up, as long as they aren't bad, since all DK's use runeforging and as such get dismantled for 10 seconds, and if the dk has IBF just evasion him down as well as a dismantle to remove his dps during stun immunity, hell you can gouge-dismantle-gouge and he basically does no dps for the whole of IBF then you can KS him immediately after and you win
    ^^ doesnt play a rogue or is full of shit or maybe both ;D

So after we finished the ranting, could you be so kind to answer my questions, please?