Quel'serrar or Sorthalis? Pally Pov

I currently have Sorthalis and when Quel droped people started arguing over what was better, I personally would go with Sorth as I did. But does anyone really have an opinion in this? I'm just curious, I haven't put to much thought into it, and I don't really know what the proc rate is like on Quel.

Re: Quel'serrar or Sorthalis? Pally Pov

Quel looks cooler imo

Quote Originally Posted by azshreb
    Quel looks cooler imo
    Both weapons look pretty awesome, its not really about that though.

Sorthalis is better imo.
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/aubreyzollar/screenshots/Almaster2.jpg

if you can be over 540 defense without geming for it with a quelserar then use it, the proc is amazing and it happens a lot

Sorthalis. Quel has terrible threat generation. The proc is nice, but it's.. just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeBro
    Sorthalis. Quel has terrible threat generation. The proc is nice, but it's.. just crap.
    Misinformation, hi.

Threat isn't a problem as a Paladin, and the proc on Quel is pretty amazing. It has a decent uptime and is better weapon dps. Like an earlier poster said: if you can remain above crit immune (540 def, 536 with the gladiator shoulder enchant), use Quel. If not, use Sorthalis.

15 Resi is worth 4 defence? I thought it was 2?
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

you need 5.6% resi to be uncrittable. you need 94.3 rating per 1%. 5.6*94.3= 528.08 resilience rating to be uncrittable.

so you need 528 resi rating to be uncrittable, and 689 def rating to be uncrittable. that means 1 resilience is worth 1.31 def rating.

so 15 resi is 19.65 def rating, or 3.96 skill. rounded up to 4 skill.

Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

resilience doesnt work in pve
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    resilience doesnt work in pve
    the crit reduction part does...

Pretty sure the 25 man Quel'serrar's EH is high enough to grant you using it over Sorthalis.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag