Wrynns' legguards of triumph vs saronite plated legguards

Hey, so earlier today i got pretty lucky in a Voa25 man run and ended up winning http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48446. My current legs are http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45267. The difference i see from the tier 9.5 is BV, hit and stamina, howver i lose dodge and armor mitigation.

Are they truely better? Since all i see gaining using 9.5 is more stamina and a threat boost which isnt very neccassary

Thanks for the help

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Wrynns' legguards of triumph vs saronite plated legguards

t9 legs imo. BV negates the lost armor, defence lowers the lost avoidance, shit loads of more stamina and more hit rating which is always needed if not capped especially when DPS start to have rather good gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

I jumped from using either t8.5 or t7.5 (latter for working metagem in EHgear) to t9.5. That choice was to me obvious, though this one is not. I'd still go for t9.5 here, if you struggle with hit as so many other tanks do nowadays, which was one of the main reasons for my choice.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I'd go with T9.5 as well as it has more sta and more threat.

If you're in T9 content and gear, the loss of avoidance is going to be unimportant. The gain in Stamina, however, is very important, and almost (or does?) outweigh the armor loss in terms of effective health. And effective health is really all that matters at that level of raid content. Also remember this will be one of two or maybe 3 pieces of gear that has Hit Rating on it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Leidus
    If you're in T9 content and gear, the loss of avoidance is going to be unimportant. The gain in Stamina, however, is very important, and almost (or does?) outweigh the armor loss in terms of effective health. And effective health is really all that matters at that level of raid content. Also remember this will be one of two or maybe 3 pieces of gear that has Hit Rating on it.
    Stamina and armor work with eachother, and stack accordingly. The more armor you got, the greater your returns are from added health.

Effective health is armor and health put together, get too much of one while dissregarding the other and you get fucked. Maintain a balance, and it just so happens that added armor on items such as necklaces, weapon and other gear such as the saronite leggings, are very good when coupled with full stamina gearing.

Thanks for the helpful replies, there was a lot of good advice =)

the saronite plated give the most effective health of all the other legs which is why they are perfect for fights like gormok, icehowl, anubarak main tank, and those melee fight, plus note that on those encounters you cannot dodge some abilities, like the impale, or while tramped, the headbutt or when you are freeze against anub

for other jobs like tanking some adds or for the looks in dal or even pvp, then you can go with the tier legs, as always gear for the encounter

15+ Year Old Account

I use tier 9.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

t9 cause the gloves suck and you want your 4set
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge
    t9 cause the gloves suck and you want your 4set
    /thread
    You think the gloves suck more than the helm. Wow.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara