Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Tier 10 Mage and Warlock Preview

Undead lock and troll mage look good.

Other than that, they're awful, lol.

Hmm, I wonder how the mage set will look on a night elf, considering there will be night elf mages in 4.0.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Awesome T10 for 'locks. A good set should look awesome even without the headpiece, which it does; and even more with it!

Um... Wtf?
    Did I just fall into topsy turvy land?

Why is the San'layn being tied to mages, when all of the San'layn creatures in the game cast shadow and fire magic?
    The same with locks being liches when liches cast mostly frost magic, with a bit of arcane and shadow.

Also, ow. Some of those NEONBRIGHT mage sets just hurt my eyes to look at.

Is this some sort of naming error, or are mages just getting a set that I personally think looks like relentless gladiator gear, but significantly worse, just so warlocks can look all evily?

It's like "Hm, let's give warlocks skulls and stuff on thier gear, because that's evil." "Yeah! We'll make them look like liches / necromancers!"
    "... But wait, what's left for mages then?" "Mreh, give them the lame vampire clothes; they're casters too, I guess. Oh, but tone it down a bit, too, we don't want the mage set to look as good as thier's."

*Sighs* This feels like Blizzard screwing with us because they gave us some fixes. Figures.

Amazing set for warlocks and I'll be happy to stop bitching about the mage one, as long as they give us the orange or the purple version :P The other two are still horrible.

The mage set is dreadful. Short sleeves? We look like badly designed warlocks. This set does not compare to what T6 was in any way.

Quite disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah
    Um... Wtf?
    Did I just fall into topsy turvy land?

Why is the San'layn being tied to mages, when all of the San'layn creatures in the game cast shadow and fire magic?
    The same with locks being liches when liches cast mostly frost magic, with a bit of arcane and shadow.

Also, ow. Some of those NEONBRIGHT mage sets just hurt my eyes to look at.

Is this some sort of naming error, or are mages just getting a set that I personally think looks like relentless gladiator gear, but significantly worse, just so warlocks can look all evily?

It's like "Hm, let's give warlocks skulls and stuff on thier gear, because that's evil." "Yeah! We'll make them look like liches / necromancers!"
    "... But wait, what's left for mages then?" "Mreh, give them the lame vampire clothes; they're casters too, I guess. Oh, but tone it down a bit, too, we don't want the mage set to look as good as thier's."

*Sighs* This feels like Blizzard screwing with us because they gave us some fixes. Figures.
    If that's neonbright compared to some of previous sets...

And as for being associated with the only real 'casters' in the Scourge army, I think I can handle it. It's sort of a large jump to say 'Blizzard fixes our most irritating debuffing ability, so naturally they'd want to offset it with making us look ugly.' Be reasonable here.

And am I the only person who loathed T6-9?

Mages, gosh i hated that color combination since Sunwell Mantle of the Golden Forest. Warlocks are nice though

Warlocks get crazy glowing eyes and mages get recycled t5 with no animation and a football helmet???

I believe every other set I've seen has had SOME kind of animation, mage set just fails.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

The other classes get really nice looking gear so far, and what do locks and mages get?

Warlocks get to look like Candle Jack from Freakazoid and mages like ride ushers from one of the stupid rides at Disney World. Seriously, these are the most ridiculous looking piles of junk I've seen in ages. The T9 sets look wicked awesome for horde and I guess this is the payback for looking too good. And the set bonuses are laughable. Really, are you wanting people NOT to do T10 content?
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

So is Blizz going back to an 8 piece set? I see a belt and boots, so I'm going to assume bracers are on there as well. Or did you just find matching belt/boots to go with the sets?

so on the mob design list so far

rogues=geists
    dks=dk lieutenants
    warriors=ymiron/vrykul
    hunters= crypt lords
    druids = proto drakes
    mages= san'layn
    locks= lichs

priests will most likely get valkyr
    that leaves what for shammys and pallys?

I think Warlock t10 is the only time I said that humans and blood elves look in gear.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The mage tier certainly looks a lot better when it's not being modelled on a human, or where robes horribly, always. The shoulders are really underwhelming, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon157
    Most of the belts on the PTR are bugged and are twice the size they're supposed to be. I hope they get this fixed. :-\
    Er, bugged? ToC belts anyone? either they are really just "bugged" so they also gonna fix the all the ToC belts, or this is a way to make them look more... 3D. Previous belts were just a simple 2D flat ring around the waist, now these are actually look like belts. Tho, I want the old ones back, or make the current ones much smaller.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Krahmer
    The mage set is dreadful. Short sleeves? We look like badly designed warlocks. This set does not compare to what T6 was in any way.

Quite disappointed.
    T6 was aweful...:/

i love to see mages without gloves

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    T6 was aweful...:/
    Indeed, t10 makes t6 look like shit, imo.
    But sadly, I don't see another successful one like 4 or 5 being released.

BTW, no female troll mages?
    They bugged or something?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I like the Halloween flavor of the Warlock's helm, makes me wanna level up my Lock! Did I mention it looks best on a Gnome!? ;D

I second the wondering of where the female troll mages disappeared to?

So...

Female troll mage t10 preview please!