Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: my first sketch of T10 priest (head complete only - will update soon)

Yeah I liked it, what I mean by that 50% thing is that I havent been impressed with t9 or what we have been shown of t10. I'm not in love with the artwork or anything, but one its better then what I could do, two you have the guts to submit it to the forums, and third like I said your doing better then blizz imo.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

looks like a fish head.

Cheers for the effort mate, but even if you draw it way better than one Blizzard has made, even if we all post link to your thread on blizzards official forum they are not going to change it. I would however still like to see it complete, just cause you're talented (at least way better than me) and cause I'm curious.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Yes. Blizzard have never made a good looking cloth set, ever. Not even tier 5 or tier 6 for Priests, or tier 8.
    Mage t5 / s2 armor set was amazing imo, so simple and just worked well

You know your life has hit rock bottom when you start drawing shit about a game. It makes me feel sick how much time you people waste on this kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty
    Artists should be able to suck up constructive criticism, not "this sux" criticism.

He was being mean for the sake of being mean, and he had nothing useful to say, so he left.
    Not that I support this idiot but, sadly, someone being mean for the sake of being mean is something artists should learn to suck up as well. Trust me on that.

To the OP. Don't let any idiot get you down. Continue with what you enjoy doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samelar
    Your adamantium armour is shatering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Wolverinewing...?

Quote Originally Posted by duffpimp
    You know your life has hit rock bottom when you start drawing shit about a game. It makes me feel sick how much time you people waste on this kind of crap.
    On the same level, you waste your time posting here for someone that wastes his time. You also waste your time playing a game. See what I did there?

How exactly do you think artists learn to draw and what exactly do you expect them to draw? You know, those artists at blizzard started from somewhere as well. Stop being an idiot and think before you post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samelar
    Your adamantium armour is shatering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrakin
    Wolverinewing...?

Reminds me a lot of the Val'kyr helmet

Not only did you waste time posting here, you wasted the time signing up to the forums just to do so. /golfclap.

As for the OP, I really like the idea. I'm really interested in seeing the full set if you manage to finish it. My only criticism is the fact that Valkyries were female (So male version would be a more of an archangel I suppose), and that the whole valkyrie/archangel/winged person idea just reeks of Aion. Not your fault at all, I know, but you'll constantly be flamed for the unfortunate timing.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001
    Or it's a cheap ripoff of every single Aion helmet look.

Or I'm not going to commend a mediocre artwork.

Sorry, I don't coddle. There is no medal for being average.
    There's no medal for whiners like you either.

Oh, wow.
    Thanks for wasting your time signing up and reading this thread, guess your life's hit rock bottom.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte

was the 1st thing that came to mind.

The twin valkyrs was a close 2nd
    should be priest tier 10 imo, male or female.
    Unsubscribed due to terrible internet.

80 Draenei Shaman
    80 Dwarf Death Knight

"Note that you CAN'T use Far Sight and and Sentry Totem at the same time. It would be far too overpowered to be able to watch your totem watch you do stuff." - I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Neb-X
    Not only did you waste time posting here, you wasted the time signing up to the forums just to do so. /golfclap.

As for the OP, I really like the idea. I'm really interested in seeing the full set if you manage to finish it. My only criticism is the fact that Valkyries were female (So male version would be a more of an archangel I suppose), and that the whole valkyrie/archangel/winged person idea just reeks of Aion. Not your fault at all, I know, but you'll constantly be flamed for the unfortunate timing.
    Ahh the old cookie cutter you wasted your time to post comment. I dont play this game any more. I found it a waste of time. You dont get anything from it at the end. play poker or something.. Atlest u can win some money. Anyway, i dont think its a waste of my time trying to convince someone they are wasting their life on this game. One min of my time is worth it, if i can save someone years of their life from stupid games like this. comments will fall on deaf ears, as i will not be wasting any more time here goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001
    Yeah, support low mediocrity and overused graphics.

Would you want your priest wearing the same overused shit we've seen for a year on valkyr and now on every armor set in Aion? Not me, thanks.
    If I had to make assumptions about dipshits like you I would assume that you popped in here with no actual thought towards the OPs drawing and made your idiotic first post. After seeing that people were biting on your zebco troll lure you then realized that you needed to form a shitty argument. You then just summed up what everyone had said after your post as if you were king of the goddamn sketchpad. I really wish the internet wasn't so damn anonymous. Gives little shits like you the courage to be a prick without the repercussions.

@ the OP- good stuff regardless if it looks like the valkyrie models or Aion. Like many others I find it refreshing when people post their works in progress on here even if they know some idiot will try to piss on their parade.
    Exciting and Dynamic

15+ Year Old Account

Re: my SECOND sketch of T10 priest (FEET and LEGS not completed. will update soon.)

Oh well, your artwork could be the most amazing thing human eyes ever see, Blizz wont give a damn.
    yeah oh well, i wasn't expecting them to do anything like that either. thats why it's called "fan art".

As to the OP, not a bad start. Let me know when you have some color and shoulder design set up. Smiley
    I'd like to see the body with some color. Excellent start.
    well i don't color my work... i usually CG em. :P

It looks awfully similar to the valkrys you see in Northrend.
    i know, it's supposed to.

I think it's a little too "plate" but i like it
    looks a little platey, but i like it. cant wait to see the rest of your set.
    That looks baaaadass.. Looks a bit too platy tho
    yeah i know, it's platy...but i couldn't find anything on Valkyr to look like cloth...

Or it's a cheap ripoff of every single Aion helmet look.

Or I'm not going to commend a mediocre artwork.

Sorry, I don't coddle. There is no medal for being average.
    i dont do Aion, nor proffesional drawing... but its good to practise something when you're bored.

Yes. Blizzard have never made a good looking cloth set, ever. Not even tier 5 or tier 6 for Priests, or tier 8.
    hey I liked T8!

Looking at that picture had words flowing through my head...

Digimon digital monsters Digimon are the champions!

That looks like you stole it directly from that angel from the first season, whats her face.
    thats what i thought when i first saw Valkyrs...maybe the bliz dev who made them was a digimon fan :P.

I think it looks nice, but not sure how such a seet would look on a male character. There are some pretty pansy sets already but they're all paldins sets. T5...
    well, if you roll a male priest you shouldn't be worried about looking pansy.

I seriously don't understand why people make these drawings, especially when the T10 is already done being designed and modeled. It's not like they are going to come to mmo-champion, see this post, and scrap their designs because this head piece was just so amazing. Like seriously? Do you have nothing better to do than think that your making a difference somehow? Blizzard doesn't come to this site, so please, find better ways to spend your time.
    I don't understand why you have to take things too seriously. its just an artwork .

well i did take a look around me and my room and the only thing i dont see in my life is a deadend, go troll somewhere else.

-- thanks for replying, i wasn't expecting this ammount of responses (flames or thankings). while i dont reply to all of them I do READ them all.

Re: my SECOND sketch of T10 priest (FEET and LEGS not completed. will update soon.)

Hey ya!

First of all props for putting the effort and actually posting you thoughts; just a few comments.

-While the idea is good; it has a VERY STRONG plate kind of feeling to it.
    -As stated by other posters it does remind you VERY much of the Valkyr armor.

I want it to have wings. I think we deserve wings. Blizzard give us a tier set with fucking huge wings!
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Deleted

I've tidied up a lot of crap in this forum and banned two users. Please keep it civil. If you don't like something fair enough but is your self-esteem so low that you can only get gratification from trying to put down someone on a public forum?

By all means post a critique of the OPs work so he can get feedback and improve. Even if its a sorry not my taste, I didn't like it type comment. However there is NO need to reduce the thread to childish swearing and name calling.

If there is further crap like this in this thread or any other then please report it and I or another moderator will wield the ban-hammer again, as required.

The concept itself isn't bad, although as already said based off of the Val'kyr, but the composition isn't great. If you are interested in giving your drawings more definition and weight, then reading something like Bridgeman's Complete Guide to Drawing from Life would be a great start, it has some really dynamic compositions and is a great guide for practicing techniqe. Apart from that, I would work on cleaning up your lines, they can be a bit muddled.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Just what IS ok to draw about? What does it matter where inspiration comes from to do something artistic? People like YOU make ALL of us here sick, so we're even.

Props for putting yourself out there OP and posting something you spent time on, it looks cool.

Oh, I think the helmet was cool WITH the neck guard piece, I liked it better with it

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/