Thread: Combat PvP

Combat PvP

Why does everybody think this isn't good?

Personally I love it, so many things are better in it than in Mutilate like:
    Endurance
    Improved Kick
    Improved Sprint
    More CD's and Burst
    Blade Twisting
    Vitality
    Nerves of Steel
    Throwing Specialization
    Savage Combat

These are all the talents that I think help combat pvp
    Mutilate got:
    Vigor
    Vile Poisons
    Quick Recovery
    Fleet footed
    Deadly Brew
    Coldblood
    Few energy increasing talents
    Preparation
    Heightened Senses
    Serrated Blades

Both got:
    Dirty tricks
    Master of Deception
    Elusiveness

Can you tell me why Assassination is considered better, because almost always when I duel a rogue I win when I am combat and I also win healers more than I do with Mutilate, and Prot Warriors are usually easy mode.
    I know preparation is good in arena, but does it really compensate for the damage burst combat has and all the other talents?

Re: Combat PvP

Prep really is a huge deal. You get 2x some of your most important CDs.

Combat spec, as I see it, is really just lacking in utility. You don't get as much burst due to no vigor; slower combo point generation (SS vs Mut); less subtlety talents (depending on how deep in combat you go).

I would personally go all the way to KS if I were making a combat PvP build. Mostly because KS can just wreck people up if you get all 5 attacks on the same player. However, once your cooldowns are gone, you're pretty much screwed if you didn't kill the person. It's not particularly hard to lock you down or get away during your AR to avoid the burst during that.

Overall, combat PvP can be fun, but it just doesn't seem to have the utility to be used in arenas (except maybe 5s...never done em).
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Re: Combat PvP

Combat is incredible for BG's but in Arena you will get wrecked its just that simple unless you can find a clothie and he is all alone no one around him KS isn't very affective. Even then it will only do about 5-10k maybe if it crits, but with the amount of Resil everyone has i hit clothies with KS in Bg's for about 6k total its just not that worth it in arena. There is alot more burst in Mut. Mutilate>cold blood>mutilate> Preparation> Cold blood> Eviscerate. With a lock that is focus seducing the other target the one your one should be dead very very quickly