Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Live and PTR DPS comparison for shadow

All damage has been tested on Ironforge's heroic training dummy with nothing but self buffs. You can see my live priest's armory here: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rider&n=Ritzen

Screenshot 1: Live damage (stupid mage kept a 5% crit debuff on dummy so real dps should be a bit lower)

Screenshot 2: PTR damage (same priest)

Screenshot 3: Premade PTR priest (full T9.25 and ilvl 245 offset pieces, about 950 haste rating. Also a lot of lag involved)

Re: Live and PTR DPS comparison for shadow

Interesting that damage done is down, but dps is up. I found similar results with my Priest, rough 1k dps rise.

'And you give the plague to your healers. Who are standing waiting for it. Because they love you. Love also being a kind of plague.' - Raid Leader describing the tacts for PP 25 HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalduun
    Interesting that damage done is down, but dps is up. I found similar results with my Priest, rough 1k dps rise.
    uhh no, in all 3 cases i DPSed until i ran oom, didnt stop the meter on a timer or something

bit strange that your dmg done was lower but anyways that's gr8 and would make as at least equal to rest hybrid casters and why not even some melee hybrids

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zalduun
    look at the amount of times he cast each spell in each of the screenshoots and you will see that in the first one he did 166 mindfalys while in the second only 110 so its safe toa sume that he ran OOM faster on the second test propably since he had to recast his dot's a bit more often

I'd like a comparison between similarly geared(aka premades) casters(mage, lock, shaman, and druid) and a spriest because it might confirm people's fear or confirm the buffs.

He was also putting DoT's on multiple dummies in all three tests.. Look at the number of VT and SWP ticks vs. the maximum theoretical number of ticks in the active time.

@ the OP. Good to see you were able to improve your multi-dot skills on the PTR. If you have time could you also post with results from a single target dummy?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deyus
    He was also putting DoT's on multiple dummies in all three tests.. Look at the number of VT and SWP ticks vs. the maximum theoretical number of ticks in the active time.

@ the OP. Good to see you were able to improve your multi-dot skills on the PTR. If you have time could you also post with results from a single target dummy?
    multiple dummies im unsure of since the reason for the higher amount of dot ticks will be that the change on the ptr is having them scale with haste

You do realize that with haste affecting Spriest DoTs that ya'll will be casting them more frequently, or, using your terminology, there will be more ticks of said Dots in the active time

Unless I'm missing something in the picture that shows which mobs he was Dot-ing, it seems perfectly reasonable to have more DoT ticks with hasted DoTs

First test was 295 seconds, second was 218. That's not hard to figure out guys. The premade test was 255 seconds. Haste has always had a negative impact on mana efficiency, so this isn't really a surprise. At the same time it's not enough of a difference to worry about raid buffed mana. My only question would be if Shadowfiend was used at all. It doesn't look like it was, but if so that could be a slight issue.

The premade was obviously multi-dotting, but the live character test on PTR doesn't have enough DoT ticks off the norm. Same with the live test itself. This is especially true if you consider that he was most likely doing much higher DPS before going OOM, then his dots continued to tick, which drags the DPS down slightly and increases the estimated dot ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    The premade was obviously multi-dotting
    all the damage shown was dealt to the heroic training dummy as i clearly stated in the original post. l2read?
    the premade character has ~300 more haste than the copied but the latency while playing her didnt allow perfect timing on refreshing dots.

The premade had 179 DoT ticks in a DPS test that ran for 255 seconds. That means a DoT tick every 1.4 seconds. That means that if this test was single target your premade character would have needed 3,639 haste rating.

Deleted

Yet another unscientific dps comparison. That's multidotting alright, no other way to explain the differences between the number of VT and SW:P ticks compared to DP ticks. The same is seen on all test. Also the gear is not great, so that kind of single target dps is not possible on hc dummy.

Other things unclear:

How many targets?
    What debuffs did they have?
    What buffs were used?
    How many times was each test repeated? (to get an average)
    How were the parses shown chosen? (by average dps or maximum OMG factor)

The DP ticks can be explained by poor timing and a bad rotation as well. If you look at the premade test he has 17 hits on Imp. DP, but only 66 DoT ticks. The time of the test and number of VT ticks on the other hand is completely unexplainable without multi-dotting.

how did u jump soo high in dps.. i did my test and i jumped about 450 dps, u have gone like 800... im running 444 haste so im not sure if thats the reason

and my tests were done in 3 min timers and i had very little mana issues between them both since the new glyph

If you read the other comments it's obvious that he was multi-dotting in some of the tests to intentionally make the buff look more dramatic than the 10-13% gain most people are getting.

my bad.. i shoulda known... im going to make a very lengthy test tomorrow about this increase

my question is:
    Why was he routinely using shadow word: death? o_o

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

It's possible he also had the SW glyph and the dummy was at low health to help bring the numbers up slightly. That or he's just bad. Considering that he lied about it being single target neither would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    First test was 295 seconds, second was 218. That's not hard to figure out guys. The premade test was 255 seconds. Haste has always had a negative impact on mana efficiency, so this isn't really a surprise. At the same time it's not enough of a difference to worry about raid buffed mana. My only question would be if Shadowfiend was used at all. It doesn't look like it was, but if so that could be a slight issue.

The premade was obviously multi-dotting, but the live character test on PTR doesn't have enough DoT ticks off the norm. Same with the live test itself. This is especially true if you consider that he was most likely doing much higher DPS before going OOM, then his dots continued to tick, which drags the DPS down slightly and increases the estimated dot ticks.
    Harky,

You're right on about the premade toon multi dotting, but the other tests also clearly show this.

Test 1 = 295 sec. He has 110 VT ticks in that time. On live VT ticks every 3 seconds. If this guy were perfect at maintaining his DoT's, 110 ticks would require a 330 second parse at minimum, and more likely one approaching 350 seconds. If I had to guess I'd say he cast VT on another dummy four times throughout his parse (OP, am I right?!?).

Test 2 = 218 seconds. He has 119 VT ticks in this time. That is one tick every 1.83 seconds on average if we believe he was only putting damage to a single target. This guy has 348 haste, which means the best he should be able to achieve is 2.71 sec. To achieve the numbers claimed he would need to have >2100 haste rating on his gear.

If you're interested the same logic can be used to demonstrate that SWP was also applied to multiple targets during each test.

Quote Originally Posted by I heal in Shadowform
    all the damage shown was dealt to the heroic training dummy as i clearly stated in the original post. l2read?
    the premade character has ~300 more haste than the copied but the latency while playing her didnt allow perfect timing on refreshing dots.
    L2read? How about l2speaktruth?