As Dk and Resto How to kill RetRogue in 2s

How do I deal with this combo? Is there any l2p issues or does my healer just need more resil? I pulled it off (barely) as unholy but as dw frost I just get trinketed and my resto druids is a dead tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Re: As Dk and Resto How to kill RetRogue in 2s

Ret/rogue is a tough counter for you. Between kidney and HoJ back to back he will be hard pressed. All I can say is wait for either a Kidney or a HoJ up and death grip chains of ice off (you will have to be ready to double chain because Blessing of Freedom / cloak). When you think a KS/HoJ is coming up have the druid go bear form after he places his hots up.

Other than that it's just pretty nasty for you guys.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Restodruid/DK is a hard counter to all double dps teams. You're job as the DK is to not get sapped in the beginning, and make sure that the retripaladin and the rouge isnt dpsing your druid at the same time. This job is easy for you with chains of win and lichbourne. Try to overlook your positioning, the rogue shouldnt be able to do much at all during that fight.

Start with you rushing the paladin with regrowth and rejuvenation on you, while the tree prehots himself, and then just spread diseases, grip / chains whoever doesnt have freedom. A good way to release pressure is to petstun paladin and strangulate him, and then grip + chains on the rogue. Hopefully the paladin wastes freedom on petstun, then is strangulated so he cant dps for 4s, and the rogue is 30yd from your druid and running only 5% of max run speed.

easy to beat this team as dk/druid, i'm assuming your trying to kill the rogue first since he's the squishiest but it's more of a matter of who does more damage and against your druid the ret will do at least 30% more dmg if not more. at the start sit about 20yards from your druid, wait for sap and if your druid is geared he should survive easily while your sapped with cd's. after sap death grip pally away from druid and chains him. Trinket blind or rep which ever comes first as they are on DRs with eachother. i'd pop gargoyle early and stick ghoul stuns on ret.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    easy to beat this team as dk/druid, i'm assuming your trying to kill the rogue first since he's the squishiest but it's more of a matter of who does more damage and against your druid the ret will do at least 30% more dmg if not more. at the start sit about 20yards from your druid, wait for sap and if your druid is geared he should survive easily while your sapped with cd's. after sap death grip pally away from druid and chains him. Trinket blind or rep which ever comes first as they are on DRs with eachother. i'd pop gargoyle early and stick ghoul stuns on ret.
    Gah, sap/repentance share DR not blind/repentance. Lichbourne makes you immune to sap, use it and rush the retri like i said, and then just keep the rogue away from your druid and spam CoI.

You must be new to arena cause that comp should be farly easy with a dk by ur side . Now u do need resil and use warstomp if ur a bull :P. Other than that if they open on u with barkskin up and all hots rolling it should not be to hard to survive . The dk should put up that dmg shield and the dk's goul should stun (3 secs) . It would help alot more if we could aromory u and check out ur stats . If ur not as geared as the other team then yeah u cant help it but if u have decent gear and still losing ill give u some more pointers. Oh btw l2bear hehe and bash and frenzied w/e lol .
    I struggled with that comp for a while and now its cake :P .

I used to run this comp a little bit back in s6 (ret pally)
    yea so what's pretty much been said before that under no circumstance do you want both the pally and rogue on your druid at any time
    iv been countered by the DK running away from his druid, deathgripping the rogue and hitting him with COI and some diseases to prevent an easy single dispel (getting the pally to burn BoF on this can be gamebreaking)

after, you're gonna wanna pressure the pally, because if you don't, he's gonna heal, and that's bad

once the pally bubbles, cyclone spam the rogue to prevent incoming heals
    rinse, repeat

its not fullproof, but its definetly a strat that was working against us (~2100 MMR)
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Dear Blizzard,
    Can our guild have a free pass on Northrend Beasts? We don't believe in harming animals, and would really prefer to not have to fight this boss. ToC looks like a really fun instance, and we would love to experience all your hard work, but we just cannot kill animals.

Thanks!
    <VegansLOL>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Sure, Why Not!
    We already hand everything out for free anyway. Want a free legendary while we're at it?
    (Avatar too big.)

When the retripaladin in ret/rogue starts healing the rogue, they have lost.
    You want him to start healing, their damage is gonna suck while he's healing, and your druid will have time to start cycloning and throwing big heals out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alburn
    You must be new to arena cause that comp should be farly easy with a dk by ur side . Now u do need resil and use warstomp if ur a bull :P. Other than that if they open on u with barkskin up and all hots rolling it should not be to hard to survive . The dk should put up that dmg shield and the dk's goul should stun (3 secs) . It would help alot more if we could aromory u and check out ur stats . If ur not as geared as the other team then yeah u cant help it but if u have decent gear and still losing ill give u some more pointers. Oh btw l2bear hehe and bash and frenzied w/e lol .
    I struggled with that comp for a while and now its cake :P .
    Armory's down for me right now but just so you know, I'm the DK :P But thx good advice for my partner.
    Hater's gonna hate.

Basically repeating what has already been stated, but I've ran ret/rogue on my pally. It is critical for the DK to prevent the ret & rogue from bursting the druid at the same time. Even with resilience, it is an assload of damage to survive. I know that is easier said than done, but that should be the DK's main objective. This can be a tough comp but eventually you'll know exactly what to expect and begin to own them

Also, having the DK grip the rogue and loading him up with diseases/coi is seems to work pretty well. It generally forces the pally to dispel/freedom and possibly even stop dps in some situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by onaqui
    When the retripaladin in ret/rogue starts healing the rogue, they have lost.

Hater's gonna hate.

I'm fairly if you want to be frost in pvp you shouldn't be dual wielding.

2h Frost has been dead a longggg time buddy :'(
    Hater's gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by McGnarlz
    I'm a druid in this same comp, and I see a few problems. Both of you want 75 spell pene and at least 4% hit rating (6% once you get better gear) so crucial spells (Cyclone, Strangulate, etc) dont get resisted/missed. Yellow gems for druid should be +hit in some way, (either +16hit, +8hit/+8sp, or +8hit/10spellpene etc) not intellect.

As for fighting ret/rogue, Lichborne before running in and start beating some pally ass. I typically come out of stealth into bear, hit enrage and demo roar (macros ftw) to try and prevent a rogue opener. After the initial spat, I'll go tree, my dk peels the rogue off and i'll play with the ret. Rets don't do a lot of damage once you get passed 950-1000 resil, and most of their damage stay consistant (it's easy to predict for healing). Glyph for imp barkskin and save it for when both dps are going to be on you for an extended period, since you'll be pretty much be unable to get crit on during. Rogue will die, game over.

Hmm gear on the druid isnt great, so I can see double dps being kinda hard sometimes. Generally if you are vs a rogue then your druid should just pop and prehot, get yourself in combat asap. When they open on the druid he should pop barkskin then you should try to pull one off (depends how you go, either force the pala to bubble or just try to kill the rogue but be ready for a bubble on him from the ret). Generally leave the one your druid feels more comfortable with. If you are prehotted then with barkskin you should be able to handle it. Try to just live, dont bother with ccs too much since it really leaves you out in the open. If the ret does get wings try a insta cyclone then just run for it as the druid but try to stay in tree as much as possible. That or the dk should dg him off the druid and pop anti magic. Oh and both of you should work on profs >.> That and you seem to be in different 2v2 teams? Or is that just Armory being lame again?