Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: The Manners of Dueling?

Quote Originally Posted by Reubicant
    Make sure mention all that to the rogue who ganks you while you're doing dailies.
    I don't consider Duels to be world pvp. You can't one shot anyone with Thunderstorm in duels.
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    1. Both start at range, even if it's two melee.
    2. Rogues and ferals get the opener. ( if I break the sap with berserker rage I'm allowed to try to unstealth them)
    3. No pots or elixirs, exept them "flask of the north"
    4. No buffs that aren't selfbuffs.
    5. Nothing that can't be used in arena.
    6. No bloodlust
    7. Bandages are allowed
    8. No drinking, and definately no eating (I see this happen all the time)
    9. Open terrain, LoS isn't allowed. No unusual shapes on terrain, like large drops etc.
    10. Running out of range for a caster (to prevent his casts) is allowed. (many mages disagree on this one.....)
    11. Don't forfeit imediately after you make a mistake, saying you want an instant rematch because you screwed up.
    Given you are a warrior that no los is kinda lame (granted they can deadrange you) since sometimes going los to avoid a charge is needed and yet you are alowed to run out of range from them. Then added bloodlust is alowed in arena so why cant you use that? and why the hell should a rogue or druid get the opener? If you arnt in party and you see them in stealth near you then by all means you should be able to attack. Thats kinda why stealth isnt perfect and you can sometimes see it. Added why cant boomkins or restos get an opener in kitty if they want to? If they get the chance to eat/drink then why cant they? Your own damn fault for letting them get ooc. All fairness your rules sound kinda like the ones Zao was talking about.

You just made a list of arbitrary "rules." Who's to say what counts and what doesn't? The only solution is anything goes. Anything else is BS.

One rule! Kill him before he kills you. I like it as its easy to remember.

Just like in the real world, you use anything that is possible. Real life is just as unbalanced as wow, if not more, you just deal with it, and kill your opponent.
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

Only rules I go by are no pots (mage gems and lock stones don't count) and always rematch to see what its like w/o cds Also as feral I'm just annoyed by idiots who do aoe crap forever to try to prevent my opener, I just wait until they are done.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I know how to do it! No abilitys at all! Just melee them to death with your fists!Thats how real men duel (and it takes forever >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Itsdarkandcoldoutside
    Given you are a warrior that no los is kinda lame (granted they can deadrange you) since sometimes going los to avoid a charge is needed and yet you are alowed to run out of range from them. Then added bloodlust is alowed in arena so why cant you use that? and why the hell should a rogue or druid get the opener? If you arnt in party and you see them in stealth near you then by all means you should be able to attack. Thats kinda why stealth isnt perfect and you can sometimes see it. Added why cant boomkins or restos get an opener in kitty if they want to? If they get the chance to eat/drink then why cant they? Your own damn fault for letting them get ooc. All fairness your rules sound kinda like the ones Zao was talking about.
    My second main is an elemental shaman btw

I only duel to show skills, yes I admited it. And so do many many others. It's to see who's best. If you allow anything, there is no point o the duel.

And ofc if you managed to actually spot the rogue or feral druid behind you , then you can attack them. But HOW THE HELL are you gonna do that against people who aren't mentally challenged? You are NEVER gonna spot a good rogue or feral druid befor they open on you, at least not react to it. Boomkins can start in stealth, but they don't have stealth talents so I can spot them miles away anyway.

Imo only people who are bad at pvp or duels want everything to be allowed....
    Meh

I only duel to show skills, yes I admited it. And so do many many others. It's to see who's best. If you allow anything, there is no point o the duel.

And ofc if you managed to actually spot the rogue or feral druid behind you , then you can attack them. But HOW THE HELL are you gonna do that against people who aren't mentally challenged? You are NEVER gonna spot a good rogue or feral druid befor they open on you, at least not react to it. Boomkins can start in stealth, but they don't have stealth talents so I can spot them miles away anyway.

on my Human Ret pally, when i'm dueling a rogue or drood outside IF, i'll just stay ontop of the large catapult while spamming my Judgement...good luck getting your openner.

terrain: 1, stealth: 0
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

im an ele shaman and this is my duel rules list:
    - No stealth
    -max 3min cd's exept BL cause BL is more like debuff cause it gives a debuff
    20min Elementals are alowed cause they are pets actualy
    -no cloack of shadows
    -no stuns (firenova totem is alowed cause its kinda a pet stun , cant disalow pets can we)
    -no counterspell (wind shear is allowed ,its not realy an interupt , it reduces aggro)
    -no spelreflect
    -no fear (im not afraid so)
    -no sheep (gaia told me its horible for those animals)
    -no posions
    well thats basicly it
    but i dont get to use my rules anyway i win all duels so people dont wane duel me
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Chainz

Not saying I use everything but I also have no problem with them using everything, you arnt gonna learn if you dont have a challange. If you dont want to use bloodlust in a duel then cool kinda like a self handicap but I see no reason you should be able to force your own rules on that on others. If you are gonna use rules then they should be arena rules. When I play my resto for example I sometimes stay out of tree for that little bit less healing and armor just to make it a bit harder so I can hope to come up with a new way to go. Sometimes on my lock I go without a pet for the same reason. Not like I am gonna make every lock/druid I duel stay out of form or go without a pet.

Love the list Chainz :P