Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Elemental TotGC requirement

Hello.

First my history. I played enhancement for most of BC, but it was only as an alt and I never came up, trying more than TK/SSC really.

Now, I am a "new" level 80 shaman, I leveled it to 80 a couple of weeks ago, and I am really enjoying it. I'm not a new wow player, my paladin has killed Algalon 10 and cleared lots of random stuff. On my shaman I have killed everything from Naxx to Anub'arak 25 normal difficulty.

Now, my question is if I am ready for Trial of the Grand Crusader?

Here is the obvious armory link needed. I know my rotation and all that stuff, and I do well. I do around 4700 DPS in 10/25man TotC normal boss fights, and I did 7400 DPS last week on Twin Valkyrs 25man.

On forehand, I thank you for your help, it is appreciated This thread can possibly help other shamans with judging if they are ready for TotGC.

Re: Elemental TotGC requirement

Looks to me like your gear isnt all that bad, and tbh togc10 isnt all that hard so i'd say go for it.

EDIT: Sup with the gem in your main hand?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrial
    Looks to me like your gear isnt all that bad, and tbh togc10 isnt all that hard so i'd say go for it.

EDIT: Sup with the gem in your main hand?
    Long story, when I got the item I trusted a bit too much in Rawr, and it told me to use that gem. Blind as I was, I used it, and I have been too lazy to replace it since then. I'm waiting for a new weapon to drop

Edit: And oh yeah, should I really say now that I only have 2 day and 6 hours played time in level 80? :P

you got some sucky slots, but if you REALLY know how to play ele. not on the dps front but on the dps/support role. you can give10man togc a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

If you plan on replaceing the MH sometime soon i wouldnt worry much about the gem in it, but you would be alot better off getting rid of thoes multi color gems and getting straight spellpower, totem of electricwind gives enough haste as it is. and as for the egg trink, id start grinding out toc for the abyssal rune, atleast that way the proc will work, or embrace of the spider it was pretty awesome for that ilevel. All-in-all id say your more than ready. Good luck.
    "A head stuck on a pike no longer conspires."
    -Norse Proverb

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by saint sabbat
    If you plan on replaceing the MH sometime soon i wouldnt worry much about the gem in it, but you would be alot better off getting rid of thoes multi color gems and getting straight spellpower, totem of electricwind gives enough haste as it is. and as for the egg trink, id start grinding out toc for the abyssal rune, atleast that way the proc will work, or embrace of the spider it was pretty awesome for that ilevel. All-in-all id say your more than ready. Good luck.
    Thanks a lot. I've been trying to get the Abyssal Rune for a lot of time now, but it just won't drop

And the mainhand will be replaced soon. Really. I promise :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm going to assume you will be running your shaman with the same guild you run your paladin with. If you know what you are doing with your paladin, and the guild can trust you with your skill and knowledge of all aspects of the fights, then you are ready. I personally don't believe any of the fights are hard. It's just a matter of getting used to.

Deleted

Well, you know how to gem (although I'd get rid of the mp5-gem)... don't know if it's because your shaman is so young, but are those Hit/Crit/Spellpower-pieces your first choice or did you take 'em because they were better than what you had? (hope you didn't buy the legs, seeing as Helm/Shoulder/Chest/Hands + Leggings of Awakening is the best combo)

So well... if you want to go TotGC 10man, just go... from what I can see you're ready to go. (10man depends more on how good you can play your class than on the gear... that's important in 25man)

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Well, you know how to gem (although I'd get rid of the mp5-gem)... don't know if it's because your shaman is so young, but are those Hit/Crit/Spellpower-pieces your first choice or did you take 'em because they were better than what you had?
    I just got my Abyssal Rune. \o/

With that, I replaced my Band of Guile with a Sinner's Confession. I know, I know, I'm already waaaay over the hit cap, but I presume that it's better to be close to the 520 haste marker and have more spellpower, mana and almost 1% crit than to have 50 haste more which is going to be "wasted".

I am also going to replace all my spellpower/haste gems with raw spellpower gems.

And, for DaDimi, I bought the shoulders/gloves, and got the legs from VoA, and it was way better than the ones I had before. Since it is not easy for me to get Leggings of Awakening (I am a casual in my guild, running 10mans with them most of the times, but I mainly pug everything), I got the "wannabe" t2 helmet from Onyxia 25man, which has an itemlevel of 245, making it rather good. It has a shitload of hit, which is kinda bad, but I still think it's better at this very moment.

I'm getting the t9 chest next week (16 emblems short), which will give me my temporary t9 4pc bonus.

All in all, I will land on around 524 haste rating and around 2100 SP without flametongue or anything, 2400 with flametongue and ~2800 with totem of wrath selfbuffed only.

I believe I am ready

A big thanks to all the people who helped me!

ToC and ToGC are a bit different. I prolly wouldnt take you to a ToGC unless it was guild run and I was carrying you, but for 10man normal the gear is fine as long as everyone in the raid isnt similarly equipped.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    With that, I replaced my Band of Guile with a Sinner's Confession. I know, I know, I'm already waaaay over the hit cap, but I presume that it's better to be close to the 520 haste marker and have more spellpower, mana and almost 1% crit than to have 50 haste more which is going to be "wasted".

I am also going to replace all my spellpower/haste gems with raw spellpower gems.
    You know... there are a lot of fail Elementals running around...
    Just so you know, there is exactly ONE point at which Haste is "wasted". And that's at about 2784 Haste. (not including Latency)
    Because at that point, LB reaches the GCD and therefore every extra point of haste won't give you anything.
    Before that, HASTE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN CRIT. The 520 haste marker is for 5 LB to fit between LvB, but that does NOT mean that you lose DPS when you're having let's say 800 Haste and 2% Crit less. Just use CL to get closer to the LvB-CD and you're fine.
    So do NOT listen to idiots that tell you that you should go straight for the "haste cap(s)"... they know shit about Elementals.

What you did with the rings was about the following:
    You took 33 Crit and 11 Spellpower for 50 Haste.
    Now... the 11 Spellpower are rather good, about as good as.. let's say 15 Haste (too lazy to put your gear into my spreadsheet)... so that leaves 33 Crit vs. 35 Haste.
    Seeing as Haste is about 1.5x as good as Crit, you'll be losing DPS by taking the new ring.

So please take this advice and get it into your head and tell it to other shamans:
    The three stats you need are Crit, Haste and Spellpower (hitcap is a must-have), where Haste is 1.5x as good as Crit and Spellpower is only a tad better than Haste(the difference gets smaller the more Haste you get).

If blizz demanded a requirement then they would have kept attunements.

It so happens they don't. Your gear is fine. Gems are questionable... VERY much so in some cases... but other than that you should be fine.

Though DPS isn't everything and you should take note of the fact that shaman, as a jack of all trades have a utility purpose for the most part.

DaDimi is absolutely correct, you just lost Damage by replacing the ring.
    Elemental 4 Life
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&n=Awe

Deleted

Well as someone else said if it was a guild run you would probably get to come but if it was a pug raid i woulden´t have brought you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobrakai
    If blizz demanded a requirement then they would have kept attunements.
    the removal of requirements and attunements was mostly due to whiners

i guess its helped my alt, but not really, they would have gotten attuned anyway
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon