Fury: t9 4 piece?

T9 4 piece gives 5% crit to heroic strike and slam.

On most fights heroic strike is topping dmg done.

Raid buffed I am sitting at around 48% crit.

I am currently using t9 legs and shoulders, ony 25 helm - crafted chest and gloves off anub (normal 25).

Should I be going for that set bonus?

The main issue I see is that there is a lot of uneeded hit on helm and gloves and I would lose a lot of arp.

The chest is miles ahead of the 245 tier one.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ndrak&n=Mushin

Re: Fury: t9 4 piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    The chest is miles ahead of the 245 tier one.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47589;48376

How exactly is it "miles ahead"?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!

Razorplate isn't "miles ahead" at all. It's a few stats better, but def not worth breaking the 4piece over. Use the t9.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxxon
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47589;48376

How exactly is it "miles ahead"?
    This.

sigh: the crafted chest is better at least agree and if it was only a case of replacing the chest of course I would but I would also have to replace gloves or helm giving me uneeded hit and losing arp.

The question I was asking is the 4 piece bonus that good?

I am not so sure which is why I came here but if people want to rip holes in one piece of info without looking at the whole .....

also that comparison does not take into account the extra gem slot which is 10 str and 10 crit in my case - if the chest had 10 str extra and 10 crit extra on its stats the weight scale would be different.

Deleted

With your gear, going for 4set would cost you 'alot' of ARP aswell as overcapping hit by about 60 rating.

However, if you can get lower hitrating by either replacing grim toll, the necklace, or your ring, you can be golden and should infact go for the 4set.

The warrior tier pieces are good on their own, assuming you don't overkill yourself on hit by wearing them, so unless you are aiming for hardcapping ARP, I suggest you try to get the 4set but only if you don't overcap yourself on hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    With your gear, going for 4set would cost you 'alot' of ARP aswell as overcapping hit by about 60 rating.

However, if you can get lower hitrating by either replacing grim toll, the necklace, or your ring, you can be golden and should infact go for the 4set.

The warrior tier pieces are good on their own, assuming you don't overkill yourself on hit by wearing them, so unless you are aiming for hardcapping ARP, I suggest you try to get the 4set but only if you don't overcap yourself on hit.
    exactly the dilemma I am facing, yes I can drop GT, especially once i get death's choice at which time the 4 set is probably going to be better.

I have read and been told countless times that fury SHOULD soft cap arp once they have the gear to do it, hence my gear itemisation currently being built around arp soft cap.

I have been passing on trophies currently because other people need them more, once I get Death's choice I can see it being better to get 4 set and maybe gem hard arp like I have seen some warriors do.

Of course if I get the 258 chest the point becomes moot.

Thanks for a decent response.

the crit for heroic strike and slam is kinda big(heroic strikes rage gen will be nice)
    fury warr in my guild rolls with 30%~ and no arp trink and does some sexy deeps

p.s. your name looks familiar, ptr? z.z
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

haha yea - on ptr as mushin and marsha

Deleted

use head chest legs and shoulders, use gloves/gauntlets of bitter reprisal the 4 set bonus is the shit

Quote Originally Posted by Stampi
    use head chest legs and shoulders, use gloves/gauntlets of bitter reprisal the 4 set bonus is the shit
    I have the helm, so yea might pick up chest, which will mean dropping GT and until I get runestone will probably gem str, though gemming arp may be better once I get death's choice.

Algalon 25 down.

As mentioned by others before, getting the 4-piece bonus would give you too much hit. The bonus is nice, nut not at the expense of taking away from stats you need and giving you stats you don't.

The helm and glove T9.5 pieces would be definite downgrades from what you are currently wearing.

Beware though as Grim Toll is becoming less and less valuable to you, you will need to find +hit in some other items when you replace it. At some point you are going to need to take a hit on one of your items and downgrade to a +hit item so you can replace Grim Toll (possibly 2 items).

Honestly the 4 set isn't that huge, but you should still go for it and optimize the rest of your gear around it.
    Currently the tier 9.25 peices I use are Gloves/Chest/Legs/Shoulders. The chest and shoulders are pretty much standard Imo because of the ARP.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCrawler
    Post Two: I can't believe they nerfed shaman! There must not be anyone on the design staff who plays shamans. I bet they all play Hello Kitty Island Adventures because they are all bads. I bet they are mean to their pets too. I am so mad right now that I am going to write on my wall, possibly in blood, how much better I am at designing classes. I heard at Blizzcon that they said they have no idea what they're doing. My shaman used to do okay damage but then I got beat by some other guy. It must be the designers' fault. I am not bad, just mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophetx
    Honestly the 4 set isn't that huge, but you should still go for it and optimize the rest of your gear around it.
    Currently the tier 9.25 peices I use are Gloves/Chest/Legs/Shoulders. The chest and shoulders are pretty much standard Imo because of the ARP.
    Thank you.

This is what I was asking.

MR will make it easier to itemise for it, hopefully it will drop one year lol.

I used to get bored at my job and run countless different spreadsheets. From all gear available the top proposed dps was using t9 heroic 4 peice helm/chest/legs/shoulders and using anub's heroic gloves. Once I get my runestone I will be going for the 4set dropping tier 8 shoulders and the grim toll to lose hit then regain with the helm. Ill lose at first like 129 hit then regain 82. Also remember if for some reason u were to go to low on hit weapons like bloodreaver or fleshrender at just a kill away, then im sure u could mix and match or jsut run with a lil higher hit. Btw if u need to drop hit drop the neck, the neck of toc beats heroic has dropped for us like 5 weeks in a row and will be a flat 57.7 dps increase over the ony neck.