Where am I going wrong

From playing Hunter, ive decided to start playing Rogue. Ive been playing for around 3 weeks now and trying to read as much as I can about rotations, gems etc. However I struggle to get over around 5/5.5k DPS. One of my trinkets is bad because it was that or a blue. However the rest of my gear i have gemmed for ArP. My Rotation is 3SnD, 5Evis.

I just dont seem to know what i am doing wrong, or if im doing everything wrong. Any help would be appreciated

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&n=Sn%C3%B3wy

Re: Where am I going wrong

Crusher to gloves, stop gemming armor pen and gem agility, replace mark of norgannon immediately, raise proper raiding professions. You have only one minor glyph, and I'd use the rupture glyph over eviscerate unless you're doing one of those new rupture free cycles which is only a moderate dps gain that relies solely on a massive amount of armor pen that you never had BEFORE the gems even. Get exalted sons of hodir shoulder enchant, and that is just what I can tell is wrong from looking at an armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Xennith
    3 Weeks and you have that gear/achievements?

How much did you pay for that account?
    I didn't even need to see the achievements before thinking that.
    An 80 pulling 5k in raids takes more than 3 weeks to gear up nevermind level and such.

Moral: Ebay bad

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick
    An 80 pulling 5k in raids takes more than 3 weeks to gear up nevermind level and such.

Idiot, Lvl 80 achievement Earned on the 18th of September, one month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz
    Idiot, Lvl 80 achievement Earned on the 18th of September, one month ago.
    OP made it sound as if rogue was started 3 weeks ago.
    So you're really coming of as a jackass jumping in like that.
    On a more serious note, with every class I have ever played, you learn how to play the class as you level, which generates the whole "ebay" viewpoint. If the rogue was leveled it should be quite obvious how to play.

uhm, no? it's quiet easy to do that, run normal toc from 78-80 and get all usable stuff from there, as soon as you hit 80 go voa and toc10/25. i did this myself too (with my mage) and pulled 5,4k on patchwerk a week after i hit 80.
    besides, 5k isn't much.

edit: you don't have to lvl your char to know how to play it. you need to read up on most thing's (the only thing you learn while lvling half the classes is, what the different spells do. and if you're dumb, not even that)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Back on topic: You're gear isn't good enough to support arp->evisc only cycles most likely. I'd spreadsheet it and check for sure, but you'll probably see an increase speccing into bloodspatter/ruthlessness, and gemming agi, at least until you get an ArP trinket. Run uld10 hardmodes every week until thorim drops your mjolnir runestone, which you pretty much won't realistically replace until the brink of BiS TotGC gear. That mark of norgannon has you 11 expertise over cap and is almost a complete waste of a trinket slot. Even a blue trinket will probably net you more dps, so replace with pretty much anything you can get your hands on ASAP. 44ap to gloves > 20agi. Boots are pretty weak, and can be replaced by the crafted uld boots for pretty relatively cheap now. That would help with your extreme expertise issues as well. Either level inscription (your tradeskills are pretty much useless raidingwise anyway) or get hodir exalted. Your nightmare tear is in a piece that give +6hit which is pretty insignificant. I'd pop it into the pants for the 6agi.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfbck
    and if you're dumb, not even that
    That's exactly what I said, if your not dumb you should know what you need to do to get good DPS. I find that after leveling you know what stats you need, what abilities to use, but then again I may be overestimating people's intelligence in general.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

i've seen a lot of ppl level 1-80 and still have no clue how to play properly, they get bad habits while leveling etc and have to start from scratch when they hit 80. As for your dps, what raid buffs do u have to get that ? when i was combat i ran 5s 5e rotation and was generally comfortably over 6-6.5k (only 33% ArP) . Missing raid buffs like WF/icey talons etc makes a huge difference to your dps. I was 18/51/2 tho, so bit more poison damage and less physical. Your gear is pretty decent but u are a bit low on haste (imo) and have way to much Expertise

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

That's exactly what I said, if your not dumb you should know what you need to do to get good DPS. I find that after leveling you know what stats you need, what abilities to use, but then again I may be overestimating people's intelligence in general.
    I don't think that leveling prepares you for delicate decisions about optimal raid gearing/rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfbck
    uhm, no? it's quiet easy to do that, run normal toc from 78-80 and get all usable stuff from there, as soon as you hit 80 go voa and toc10/25.
    Sorry for double post but sounds like this guy is being pulled through Ony and ToC if he has that many pieces in only 3 weeks.
    But then a gain maybe I just have bad lucks with drops, or he's the only rogue in his guild.

Which I have no problem with, just changes my previous opinion.

I got pulled through alot of early Ulduar and ToC. There is only 1 other ROgue in the guild and he doesnt raid that much.

Not Ebayed or anything. I just got lucky on drops.

Ad i said im trying to replace the trinket, but it was that or some questing blue.