Shadow Priest T9 Gear question.

Hello, I am a shadow priest that pulls about 4.5k dps in raids. The raids I do are 10m uld-ToC, and 25m Uld-Ony. Because gear from heroic ToC10m and 25m ToC isn't available for me, my question is about the four peice bonus on T9. Mind Flay Crit +5%, I was wondering if it was worth me trading my helm and pants for the T9 stuff?

I have the Cornet from Ony10, and some really nice badge pants, but I'm not sure if losing some stats would be better than not having that 5%crit on our biggest damaging spell.

Here is a link to my character armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Khellendros

Please note that in the event that T9 four peice isn't the best option, I will be spending said emblems on Crusader Orbs for Merlin's Robe.

Re: Shadow Priest T9 Gear question.

Quote Originally Posted by Khellendros
    Hello, I am a shadow priest that pulls about 4.5k dps in raids. The raids I do are 10m uld-ToC, and 25m Uld-Ony. Because gear from heroic ToC10m and 25m ToC isn't available for me, my question is about the four peice bonus on T9. Mind Flay Crit +5%, I was wondering if it was worth me trading my helm and pants for the T9 stuff?

I have the Cornet from Ony10, and some really nice badge pants, but I'm not sure if losing some stats would be better than not having that 5%crit on our biggest damaging spell.

Here is a link to my character armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Khellendros

Please note that in the event that T9 four peice isn't the best option, I will be spending said emblems on Crusader Orbs for Merlin's Robe.
    I believe simcraft showed that 4pc T9 is only better than 2pc T8 if you can manage a vast majority of ilvl 245 to 258 gear... if that isn't the case it's probably best to keep 2pc T8. When you're gear gets closer to that lvl you can move to 4pc T9 towards the end of the content.

Only way T9 4pc is better is if you get pretty much at least two piece 258 with the other 245 ( which is prolly not the case). A great set up is T9 2pc and T8.5 2pc. I have the 2pc T9 with shouldres and legs and T8.5 wtih head and gloves ( and merlins robes).

I can break the T8.5 2pc when I can get then helm from Ony25 (I already have the Gloves of lifeless touch). Despite the great set bonuses, 4pc T9 is a bad idea, the tier pieces have so much fewer stats than the other non tier 245 ilvl gear. So get the 2pc T9 and T8 2pc(until you can get some of the beter 245 replacements)

interesting.. i never knew that.. but still i would like to keep my 4p 245 tier just cos it procs reign of unliving more often

Quote Originally Posted by Grath
    interesting.. i never knew that.. but still i would like to keep my 4p 245 tier just cos it procs reign of unliving more often
    While I agree extra crit helps with long term procs i'm not sure 5% MF crit is all that measurable with Reign mainly due to the fact there is a 2 sec enforced CD on charges and successive MF crits won't register charges.

I only raid 10 mans, just our guilds style and dedicated insanity is the only content that matters to me, therefore I cant use 25 man gear which is basically similar to you.

In my workings, Tp8.5 is only better if you have selective T8.5. In my case my t8.5 is head and chest which leaves me with legs/gloves/hands for T9 options.

To make the calculations easier I assumed you would use the shoulders as they are best in slot and therefore the only options are to replace gloves or legs both which gain me little in 10 man offset pieces so I just assumed 3pt9

Including set bonuses 4pt9 + merlins = 772 and 82 hit,
    2p8.5/3pt9 = 707 and 74 hit

So for me 4pt9 is far superior.

tl;dr don't trust people who only care about BiS gear.

EDIT - didn't realised you don't do heroic 10 man...that messes up the maths and I assume there is little to no gain for you switching.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

I believe T8.5 Helm & Shoulders are the best to use leaving gloves and pants as the best T9 pieces... and as someone suggested above you use Merlins Robe for the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I believe T8.5 Helm & Shoulders are the best to use leaving gloves and pants as the best T9 pieces... and as someone suggested above you use Merlins Robe for the chest.
    Yes but you have to remember that 99% of theorycrafters include totc 25 gear, I had to do the maths myself because I couldn't find a BiS 10 man only gear list. If you aren't in totc 25 (which tbh you should just pug if you aren't but w/e) you have to sit down and do the maths yourself.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'