Another "Help Plz" thread...

I'm sure you chaps are sick of these things by now - lord knows I am. Though I don't know where else to turn. I've been arms for a while, had about 65% ArP unbuffed & Grim Toll, could push about 5.5-5.7K DPS in raids, which I thought was quite acceptable for where I was gear-wise, then we got to HC Twins - pushed maybe 6... I see another chap in the guild, who is fury - he outgears me by a vast amount, but I see him push 11K DPS, I know this is mainly due to cleave and the fundemental nature of the fight, so I figure i'll go fury whilst we're on Twins. I push 9K dps if i'm lucky, I know my weapons are pretty gash, but suerly I should be doing more than that?

I decided to go fury, another DPS warrior in the guild decided to go arms - in arms we're equally geared, he manages 8K DPS. I haven't got the foggiest how he does it, I had a chat with him and he does the same rotation as I had.

I'm just very confused... any help would be appreciated!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Flabbergash - Me

Re: Another "Help Plz" thread...

Well, you are logged out in prot gear, so I can't be too much help with gear.

However, I looked at your fury spec, and assuming that that is the spec that you use for twins, I would highly recommend getting 3/3 imp cleave. I'm sure that will make a huge difference. I have that in my fury spec and I pulled 11-12k dps on twins last night.

Another tip: Focusing when raiding and not "slacking" I mean.. Hurry up and attack, switch targets asap etc will help some too Your DPS is fine for Twin Valkyrs but ofc I know you wanna do the most possible. Cleave got alot to say in that fight really, but you'll figure out some better ways to play as soon as you played warrior some more prolly ? flask if your not using is also a good idea..though most guilds got it as a req

Valkyr Twins is not a great fight to use to compare your dps with someone else's - because of the mechanics of the fight, the following can have a large impact: 1) which twin youre on, how many times you have to switch essences and targets, and how quickly you do it becomes a factor - 2) how aggressive you are in grabbing orbs to stack to 100 to get the buff - and how many times you get it throughout the encounter.

Some fight's gimmicks are more advantageous to fury warriors than arms (any fight that has a multiple targets will benefit fury more since they have imp. cleaves and less cooldown on their WW ability). Patchwerk used to be a great litmus test, but no one runs naxx anymore. I'd suggest you run some meters while attacking one of the raid dummies in town, even grab your fury guildie to do dps comparisons with if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrian
    Valkyr Twins is not a great fight to use to compare your dps with someone else's - because of the mechanics of the fight, the following can have a large impact: 1) which twin youre on, how many times you have to switch essences and targets, and how quickly you do it becomes a factor - 2) how aggressive you are in grabbing orbs to stack to 100 to get the buff - and how many times you get it throughout the encounter.

Some fight's gimmicks are more advantageous to fury warriors than arms (any fight that has a multiple targets will benefit fury more since they have imp. cleaves and less cooldown on their WW ability). Patchwerk used to be a great litmus test, but no one runs naxx anymore. I'd suggest you run some meters while attacking one of the raid dummies in town, even grab your fury guildie to do dps comparisons with if you can.
    you're roght on twins; i've had fights where I went over 12k and yet others where i didn't get past 8k as fury.
    testing or comparing dps on dummies is not that great though. fury is very buff dependent and having less rage due to missing raid buffs severely affects your dps and your rotation.

Armory Finally decided to update itself!