T8 4pc and the PTR

Looking at the T8.5 Gear I noticed it has alot of haste on it so I was wondering if posibly if you got the 4pc t8.5 would the 4pc haste proc on MBs make it better than 245ilvl gear?

I know this would seem strange but 7+% haste after every MB seems Really strong looking at some theoretical stat values for haste in 3.3

I'm unable to get on PTR at this time, so just wondering if anyone tried this.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: T8 4pc and the PTR

Just going by a guess here, but I would imagine that each time the DoT spell is applied to the target, the haste value is calculated there, and not each time it ticks.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    Just going by a guess here, but I would imagine that each time the DoT spell is applied to the target, the haste value is calculated there, and not each time it ticks.
    I know this

You get the haste

4 secs after a Mb, VT and DP can be applied even with GCD

Just taking this a little further...

With DoT mechanics and the MF refresh it will be interesting to see how temp haste bonuses are going to affect DoTs in 3.3

One would assume that a temp haste bonus will affect the entire duration of VT or DP because in the current model a dot carries every buff debuff that exists at the time of casting for the entire duration.

However, can a haste buff that is present at the time of SW:P casting be carried through the entire SW:P duration. We know self buffs like shadow weaving, focused magic, moonkin aura etc persist for the duration, so would the 4pc T8 buff and the troll berserking racial be prolonged? If so you probably have a highly exploitable mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Just taking this a little further...

With DoT mechanics and the MF refresh it will be interesting to see how temp haste bonuses are going to affect DoTs in 3.3

One would assume that a temp haste bonus will affect the entire duration of VT or DP because in the current model a dot carries every buff debuff that exists at the time of casting for the entire duration.

However, can a haste buff that is present at the time of SW:P casting be carried through the entire SW:P duration. We know self buffs like shadow weaving, focused magic, moonkin aura etc persist for the duration, so would the 4pc T8 buff and the troll berserking racial be prolonged? If so you probably have a highly exploitable mechanic.
    Wait, wait, are you saying that you think the T8 haste buff will carry into our currently ticking dots when you proc it? I don't think Blizzard would want that. Hell, if that was the case, I'd probably start re-collecting my T8 set again.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

As it stands now if you had a temp crit buff (say a trinket buff for example) and you cast VT or DP while the crit buff was ACTIVE, then it would apply to the dot for it's entire duration.

So if haste now affects dots why would this mechanic work differently? 4pc T8 gave you a buff (I forgot the name) that lasted 4 seconds, so any DoTs cast while that buff was present shoudl apply to the DoT for it's entire duration.

I'm not sure if this should be considered exploitable or not.

Currently, I attempt to re-apply or at least hold off on the casting of my SW:P when I have a measurable advantage to apply the dot. i.e. Sparks on Maly, rune of power on the Iron Council, or +spell power trinket procs.

That bonus lasts the remainder of the fight. I dont see why this situatioin should be any different. Heaven forbit we equip a haste trinket http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45866?

That isn't exploiting its the mechanics of the Game, your SW:P is readjusted when you refresh with MF.

Used to you could get a gimmmicky buff or wait for all procs and stuff and let a SW:P at 60% crit and 5000 SP last the entire fight, even that wasn't a exploit, it was a bug on MF refreshing SW:P.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    That isn't exploiting its the mechanics of the Game, your SW:P is readjusted when you refresh with MF.
    This isn't completely true... the only thing that is readjusted is changes in SP and it's been reported that the 13% magic debuff is updated as well. But any other buff/debuff you can think of, 5% crit debuff (shadow mastery/imp scorch) for example, isn't updated.

Imagine casting SW:P with BL up and using the troll beserking racial... in theory (the way mechanics currently are) you could add 60% to your SW:P and keep it up via MF for an entire encounter. Perhaps BL won't count as a haste effect but it currently reduces the GCD in line with haste mechanics. In any case Beserking is a haste effect and I wonder how temp haste bonsues are goign to work with SW:P and the MF refresh.

This isn't completely true... the only thing that is readjusted is changes in SP and it's been reported that the 13% magic debuff is updated as well. But any other buff/debuff you can think of, 5% crit debuff (shadow mastery/imp scorch) for example, isn't updated.

Imagine casting SW:P with BL up and using the troll beserking racial... in theory (the way mechanics currently are) you could add 60% to your SW:P and keep it up via MF for an entire encounter. Perhaps BL won't count as a haste effect but it currently reduces the GCD in line with haste mechanics. In any case Beserking is a haste effect and I wonder how temp haste bonsues are goign to work with SW:P and the MF refresh.

May I see your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Thragh

May I see your source?
    about what? SW:P being refreshed only in SP(and now 13% magic)? Try actually looking for it, in spriest oriented sites...

There is a thread at shadowpriest.com where someone claims to have tested on a dummy with 0 talents and gear and measured the changes in SW:P damage. I believe there is a link to that thread in the shadowpriest dps 101 sticky towards the end of the thread.

However, its common knowledge that DoT mechanics include any buffs/debuffs present at the time of casting which are carried through until the DoT is removed. Refreshing SW:P via MF is not considered to be recasting the DoT and at the very begining of LK you could prolong temp SP buffs for entire encounters. However there was a blue so long ago i'd have trouble finding it that indicated that SP would be updated on the refresh but there has never been any other blues that i've seen that indicate that other buffs are updated.

This has been the case for a very long time now so i'm not sure why that claim is being challenged. I'm actually abit skeptical that 13% magic damage is refreshed but according to the shadowpriest.com post this is apparently true.

There is a thread at shadowpriest.com where someone claims to have tested on a dummy with 0 talents and gear and measured the changes in SW:P damage. I believe there is a link to that thread in the shadowpriest dps 101 sticky towards the end of the thread.

However, its common knowledge that DoT mechanics include any buffs/debuffs present at the time of casting which are carried through until the DoT is removed. Refreshing SW:P via MF is not considered to be recasting the DoT and at the very begining of LK you could prolong temp SP buffs for entire encounters. However there was a blue so long ago i'd have trouble finding it that indicated that SP would be updated on the refresh but there has never been any other blues that i've seen that indicate that other buffs are updated.

This has been the case for a very long time now so i'm not sure why that claim is being challenged. I'm actually abit skeptical that 13% magic damage is refreshed but according to the shadowpriest.com post this is apparently true.
    From what I understand how they explained it, MF refreshes Spell Power Enhancing Buffs, which would include anything that affects the Spell Power Coefficients and the Spell Power as shown on the character sheet. Since CoE, EaM, and EB affect Spell Power Coefficients, it is refreshed.

I want to see the stuff for myself but haven't had the time to actually search for it.

SW:P refreshes and updates temporary spellpower gains, but +damage% abilities are carried on as long as you can keep it up. Get a rogue to use Tricks on you and cast SW:P, the increased damage stays as long as you keep it refreshed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Wow you learn something new everyday, I thought when they fixed the readjusted SP with MF, I thought it was completely not just SP.

Awesome to know now.