Thread: Enhanub

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Enhanub

If you use the double add tank tactic tell them to stand closer? Problem solved dps gained.
    And they don't even have to get so close that you risk getting the adds buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakmaster
    I think the FS he was referencing might be Feral Spirits, not Flame Shock. He mentioned making sure to pop wolves before lust, which would coincide with feral spirits, but I could be wrong here as well.
    Yes, I was referencing feral spirits. I can see the confusion - what acronyms are we standardizing on for those now?

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    You are massively hurting your dps if you use CL as enhance on single target dps. It has a far lower damage co-efficient ie: 57% of Spellpower on first target vs Lightning Bolt which gets 71.43% of Spellpower. The maths is easy and the magic number is 1920 SP. at 1920 SP both do exactly the same damage on single targets above 1920 LB is far far better. EVERY Enh Shammy doing ToC25 should be well above 1920 when only self buffed (FT weapon + FT totem) let alone when fully raid buffed.
    Thanks Levva and IhatePvE for correcting me. To be honest, I only started adding CL to my rotation when a Ele shaman friend of mine told me he was putting it in his rotation and getting bigger numbers. That macro is out the door.

Yeah, yeah I know. I need to look stuff up for myself, but he's a very good Ele shaman

It would make sense for an ele shaman to use a CL in their rotation as sometimes you don't have quite enough time for a LB, but just enough for a CL before the next LvB comes.

As far as Anub goes there ARE times when CL will hit both Anub and a burrower. There are also plenty of opportunities to use CL on the scarabs when they are grouped together. Outside of that LB should be the nuke of choice used on a single target.

Chain Lightning versus Lightning Bolt on this fight:

I use a mouseover macro to target CL on the burrowers while dpsing Anub.

When you CL Anub, it range checks from his center to the next mob, and usually the burrowers aren't tanked close enough for that jump.

When you CL the burrowers, it range checks from their center to anub, and his hitbox is plenty big for that bounce.

Stupid quirk, I know, but it works for me.

And yeah, Lightning Shield is procced by Leeching Swarm and I think Penetrating Cold too (the application, not the debuff ticks), Glyph of Lightning Shield will significantly outperform Glyph of Windfury weapon on this particular boss.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

Quote Originally Posted by tremulant
    Assuming heroism is cast during swarm,
    Wolves would probably heal Anub (since they top you to 100% hp) more than they'd add to your dps.
    I wouldn't use wolves in ph3 unless I got Penetrating Cold, and i'd dismiss them when it fades.
    actually, guys over at elitistjerks.com theorycrafted it and found that however small of an increase, it is still a net dps GAIN to use wolves during p3.

found the post i was referring to:

"This scenario takes your value of 1.5k DPS done by wolves.

Assuming Anub heals for 20% of your current HP/s:

At any one second:-
    If you are at 15,000 HP, Anub leeches 3000 HP. Your HP now is 12,000.
    Your wolves then heal you for 2250 HP, so your final HP is 14250.

Even if the wolves heal you first and Anub leeches second, you still have a net HP loss.

In either case, you still lose more HP than gained even when using wolves, so they are a definite net RDPS increase. The wolves always provide a static 1500dps and 2250HP/s, and Anub leeches 20% of that 2250HP/s which is only 450HP/s, far less than the DPS increase given by the wolves.

So, it doesn't matter if you are at 5000 or 50,000 HP. The wolves always provide a net DPS increase, since Anub only leeches about 450HP/s from the HP the wolves give you. Even if Anub leeches 30%, that's still only a 675HP/s gain, far less than the DPS provided by wolves. The only issue I see here is the timing, that is using the wolves when you are as low as possible so as to reduce the HP leeched by Anub before you reach your equilibrium."

disccusion: http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t63992-e...2_changes/p15/

Quote Originally Posted by Woz
    I pop Wolves on engage and after the second burrow phase (this is for heroic at least). Don't use 'em at all in P3.
    CL and Flameshock suck, don't use either.
    don't listen to this guy. CL does not suck.

With 2 or more mobs Chain Lightning will improve your dps especially since base dmg is a little better and it gets just a small enough less benefit from SP that LB is more beneficial vs single mobs.

lets do some VERY VERY simple math to show you how retarded WOZ is...

LB = 1 target - 715-815 dmg modified by spell power

CL = up to 3 targets - 973-1111 (30% loss each jump) so - 1rst target takes 973-1111 (modified by SP) second target takes 681-778 (Sp modified) 3rd takes 477-545

so when two or more mobs are present

LB = 715-815 on Mw5 stack

CL = 2 Mobs - 1654-1889 (modified by SP)
    3 Mobs - 2131-2434 (modified by SP)

Now you note that I mentioned earlier that CL did not get QUITE the same benefit as LB from SP, so lets assume that for the benefit of WOZ, that CL only gets 50% of SP while LB gets 100%.

lets also assume you have 1000 SP (because its an easy number to work with) our new numbers look like this

LB - 715-815 (+1000SP) = 1715-1815 on a single targer

while

CL - 2 Mobs - 1654-1889 (+500 SP)- 2154-2389
    3 Mobs - 2131-2434 (+500 SP)- 2631-2934

Even if you add a 30% loss of SP on each jump (which doesnt happen, only the base dmg is changed) then you are still left with CL being the better option on multiple mob scenario,

UNLESS, you can't manage your mana, in which case, reroll something else.

Deleted

Avey seriously mate whilst you have a decent point you are screwing yourself royally by using pathetic numbers. It is an established FACT that ON SINGLE TARGETS LB is better than CL at >1920 SP. On multiple targets CL is always better.

Your "simple maths" is awful. Don't use random assumptions use the ACTUAL SP co-efficients. Don't use 1000 SP as you'd have to be in blues/Naxx gear to have that low SP even as Enhancement. Typically raid buffed with T9 gear doing ToGC25 an Enhancement Shaman has 2800-3000 SP, BiS gear gives it as 3200 SP. So your figures with the invalid co-efficients and 1000 SP are a million miles away from the right answer.

ie: theorycrafting with completely invalid figures is likely to give a completely invalid result and proves absolutely nothing. Do yourself a favour and don't try to post theorycrafting numbers without actually trying to use the right figures. The fact that your basic premise is correct is neither here nor there you haven't actually proved anything by using invalid figures.