Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral DPS - Maximising T9.5 content

Ok, so assuming you have access to all TOC and TOGC loot

Just wondering what setups people are going with, for example

Are you going 2p 8.5 and 2p 9.5 ?
    Are you going 4piece ? if so 4p + what ?
    Polearms or the Staffs

While a BiS thread would be ok, im really after peoples justifications to choices, i think these days there is no single BiS setup anymore, especially with the increase in stat types (ARP , AGI , HIT , CRIT , EXP , HASTE)

Re: Feral DPS - Maximising T9.5 content

I've got 5p8.5, and a 2pt8.5 2pt9.25 set... the dps is very similar. However the tpt8 is much more forgiving. As for weapons, I use the Twins Pact for tanking gemmed and enchanted for such, and the Helion Glaive for dpsing. I think ideally I'd like to go 2p 2p, stay expertise and hit capped and 700+ armor pen, but I'm a ring and cloak short of that at the moment. So I usually just use the uld25 gear for make the rotation as forgiving as possible.

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

interesting comment about it being more forgiving... what naxx gear are you using ? and is this only because certain items have no dropped (ie GT instead of MRS ?)

My goal is as follows:

Head: Malfurion's Headguard of Triumph
    Neck: Charge of the Demon Lord
    Shoulders: Malfurion's Shoulderpads of Triumph
    Back: Vereesa's Dexterity or Cloak of the Silver Covenant - 10 man insanity, if I can't get 25 man insanity one =]
    Chest: Cuirass of Calamitous Fate
    Wrist: Bracers of Swift Death
    Weapon: Lupine Longstaff
    Idol: Idol of Mutilation
    Trinket 1: Mjolnir Runestone
    Trinket 2: Death's Choice
    Ring 1: Dexterous Brightstone Ring
    Ring 2: Ring of Callous Aggression
    Feet: Treads of the Icewalker
    Legs: Leggings of the Broken Beast
    Waist: Belt of the Merciless Killer
    Hands: Gloves of the Silver Assassin

Food+Flask: Flask of Endless Rage + Rhino food
    Red sockets:20 ArP up to 735 , Agi after + JC gems ect.
    Yellow sockets: Agi/haste x5
    Blue socket: 10 stat gem x1

It is basically maximized using rawr since I tend to lean towards maximizing rip up-time instead of risking certain situations by following FbN on Elitist Jerks. If you look at the low and high parses for his method you will see, dps dips as low as 6.6k and rises as high as 11k. I like to stay more consistent in my performance.

The 4 piece T9.256 is slightly better than using the offset chest/legs, but in reality my guild probably won't see vary many drop. I'd rather classes that benefit more get them. I also plan on going straight for my t10 4 piece.

The reason I am not going for the hard-cap on ArP is because I doubt much armor pen will be available in Ice-crown and that the 4 set t10 is going to give a huge boost to agi in value. Rawr also shows my setup as being more dps ;P

Naxx is T7, Uld is T8... So I'm using no naxx gear (Other then Grim Toll).

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

15+ Year Old Account

Im going for 2pT9 + various other ArP pieces and sticking with the staff since i got it first kill.

Very disappointed with heroic Attrition compared to reg Hellion Glaive. Polearm for DPS, staff for tanking. 2pct8.5 and 2pct9.5 make my life easiest.

here is my stuff actually :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=16097478

so what i am aiming for is "almost" the same stuff with heroic version:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=16097757

this set gives you the hit(with draenei)/exp caps , 2t9 bonus and the arp soft cap (hard cap not "interesting" as they want arp to be less "omnipresent" with icc) with a decent amount of crit and a lot of haste (more white attack with arp + more ooc).

This is my current setup for DPS.

Hood of Lethal Intent
    Collar of Ceaseless Torment (10H)
    Duskstalker Shoulderpads
    Aged Winter Cloak
    Winter's Icy Embrace
    Fluxing Energy Coils
    Conqueror's Nightsong Handgrips
    Belt of the Merciless Killer
    Relentless Gladiator's Dragonhide Legguards
    Treads of the Icewalker
    Dexterous Brightstone Ring
    Planestalker Signet (10H)
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness
    Mjolnir Runestone
    Reinforced Shadowstrike
    Idol of Mutilation

I still need the chest piece from Twins (10H) and the gloves from Champs (10H) and obviously a new cape (curse you general vezax!). I'm starting to believe that the trinket from 25 man doesn't really exist. If it ever drops it will replace my DMC.

I believe the OP wanted you to post your "BiS list" and argumenting about it, not your current stuff (which is quite good by the way )

Quote Originally Posted by camy011
    My goal is as follows:

Head: Malfurion's Headguard of Triumph
    Neck: Charge of the Demon Lord
    Shoulders: Malfurion's Shoulderpads of Triumph
    Back: Vereesa's Dexterity or Cloak of the Silver Covenant - 10 man insanity, if I can't get 25 man insanity one =]
    Chest: Cuirass of Calamitous Fate
    Wrist: Bracers of Swift Death
    Weapon: Lupine Longstaff
    Idol: Idol of Mutilation
    Trinket 1: Mjolnir Runestone
    Trinket 2: Death's Choice
    Ring 1: Dexterous Brightstone Ring
    Ring 2: Ring of Callous Aggression
    Feet: Treads of the Icewalker
    Legs: Leggings of the Broken Beast
    Waist: Belt of the Merciless Killer
    Hands: Gloves of the Silver Assassin

Food+Flask: Flask of Endless Rage + Rhino food
    Red sockets:20 ArP up to 735 , Agi after + JC gems ect.
    Yellow sockets: Agi/haste x5
    Blue socket: 10 stat gem x1
    This is the highest dps set currently available to ferals,

2 parts t9, soft capped Arp + Mjolnirs.

There is some debate about the slighly lower dps but more reliable 'pure arp' set...

Head [Runetotem's Headguard of Triumph] w/ 50 AP+20 Crit
    Neck [Collar of Unending Torment]
    Shoulders [Runetotem's Shoulderpads of Triumph] w/ 40 AP+15 Crit
    Chest [Vest of Shifting Shadows]* w/ +10 Stats
    Waist [Belt of the Pitiless Killer]
    Legs [Legguards of Cunning Deception] w/ 75 AP+22 Crit
    Feet [Icewalker Treads] w/ 12 Hit/12 Crit
    Wrist [Bracers of Swift Death] w/ 50 AP
    Hands [Sunreaver Assassin's Gloves] w/ 20 Agi
    Finger1 [Planestalker Signet]
    Finger2 [Dexterous Brightstone Ring]
    Trinket1 [Death's Choice]
    Trinket2 [Banner of Victory]
    Back [Sylvanas' Cunning] w/ 22 Agi
    MainHand [Twin's Pact] w/ Executioner (
    Idol [Idol of Mutilation]

The reason it is more reliable is because there is no risk of 'wasted' Mjolnir procs when you're not attacking the boss (Worm burrow phases, Anub burrow phases and general movement which Totc has a lot of).

Personally I'll be going for the 2 parts t9 softcap option at least until a full arp set becomes available in Icecrown.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hoof&n=Moonpie

I was gonna make a profile page for BIS <246 but man wowhead's interface for that is slow and annoying.
    Anyone know of a way to export a rawr xml file to something readable on a forum?

I'm going with 2xT9 (the 258 is not an option for me).

I'm trying to balance everything around, with good crit for cp building and a good amount of arp for those nice shreds / fb (i'm trying to squeeze in as many fb's as I can) fun to see those ~20k+ crits sometimes :P

Only thing atm that is ruining this is the amount of +hit gear in totc25. Replacing my current belt with a totc25 one will put me way over the cap and that can tho be fixed with Mjolnir, problem is that it hasen't dropped on the ~6-7 kills I've done on Thorim.

Also trying to get the neck from icehowl, it never drops! Guess RNG is RNG.

My armory
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scale&n=Ziggis

Finally managed to finagle a 2p 2p gear set, under expertise cap but couldn't do shit about it. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wing&n=Options
    Ignore my shit cloak, the Loot God's won't let me get a new one. Dps on dummy's looks terrible but when your fully raid buffed, pop speed pots and such, you'll break 9, 10k ez. I was actually hampered more by threat then anything. WTB Cower that actually does something!

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

Well, that stuff 2t8 / 2t9 is quite interesting but i think "keeping the 2t8 bonus" is not opti because there are far better pieces of stuff (stats) to compensate the loss of the bonus.

what are you stats full raid buffed with this stuff ? (without "procs"/temporary buffs)

otherwise, i agree with you about threat being the main problem when getting a good stuff ... but maybe it was my tanks yesterday that were lacking stuff... (one was a "casual" coming only 1-2raids per week, another one was on test period (on not "overstuff") and the last one was a second spec...)

2pt8 Generates free shreds, since we have a finite amount of energy each fight, and there for a finite amount of special abilities 2pt8 outways the stat loss by leaps and bounds, the extra time on rake also means u rake less often freeing up more energy for other skills. Set bonuses make or break our rotation during high end game play.

Completely unbuffed kitty stats-
    Haste- 387, 15.34%
    Attack Power- 7888
    Hit- 270, 8.23%
    Armor Pen- 758, 54.16%
    Crit- 506 Rating, 51.15%
    Expertise- 18, 4.5%

Edit- Crit %, I was in bear spec so I had to go back and add 4% from Master Shapeshifter

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by options
    Finally managed to finagle a 2p 2p gear set, under expertise cap but couldn't do shit about it. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wing&n=Options
    Ignore my shit cloak, the Loot God's won't let me get a new one. Dps on dummy's looks terrible but when your fully raid buffed, pop speed pots and such, you'll break 9, 10k ez. I was actually hampered more by threat then anything. WTB Cower that actually does something!
    I don't see gear that would allow you to pull "9, 10k ez". Did you link someone else's armory by mistake?

Pop speed pots before pull, zerk ever cd, eat hysterias and tricks, and have strong raid comp. Collect loot and win.

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

on a 10 man reg stationary fight with hysteria and tricks, maybe 8, with luck 9.

Why dont you post a WWS or WMO?

And my gear set is my armory with 2 diff things, Runestone instead of GT andbelt from herioc twins

Well i guess i could use a new ring and herioc DV, but w/e

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Paskgotsheal