Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: BG Leveling 1-80?

just quest, its better

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by RiceRomp
    im thinking of leveling my hunter 71-80 in bg's would this take longer than say questing?
    before the AV nerf it was imba.. i got from 71 to 80 in 2 days on my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Antillar
    I love BG leveling, it's plenty fast when you're winning
    key point - when you're winning.

in order of fastest:

questing - most gold, easiest and fastest.
    grinding - tedious, but quick, lots of gold if smart.
    instancing - get good gear, "interesting" but have to depend on 4 others.
    battlegrounds - get great gear, fun if thats what you like, no gold and slow.

combine all 3 (leave out grinding) and you have yourself a very enjoyable leveling experience (pun intended)!
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    even if it wasn't slower .. why would anyone put themself in that amount of pain to grind BG's for 70 lvls? I hope you have money for a shrink after you're done
    Ganked much?

But seariously.. why would anyone put themselves in that amount of pain to run around clicking boars for 80 lvls?...Opinions are like a**holes -- everyone has one.

I find BG to be alot more stimulating then running in circles accepting quests and pressing Mobs..

Atleast when i run around in circles in BG im running around real players, having to adapt to the way they play and acctualy develop a nice playstyle for myself.

I level faster in BG then i do questing... why? thats impossible? no its not... questing gets boring after 30 mins, i soon lose intrest and end up chatting away in /g, spamming trade, aimlessly wandering around SW etc. whereas BG doesnt get as old that quick allowing me to carry on playing and acctualy lvl faster.

/OT

I also play on Blackout EU... que times can be really fast and there is alot of people using BG to lvl here.. (reminds me of level 60 BG, b4 BG merge.. acctualy playing against the same people alot is cool, getting to know your enemy.. cirtain grudges againt cirtain rogues etc :P and i got to know a few healers from my side that would often be in the same BG as me from 30 all the way too 80 )

I would recomend Blackout EU

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    key point - when you're winning.

in order of fastest:

questing - most gold, easiest and fastest.
    grinding - tedious, but quick, lots of gold if smart.
    instancing - get good gear, "interesting" but have to depend on 4 others.
    battlegrounds - get great gear, fun if thats what you like, no gold and slow.

combine all 3 (leave out grinding) and you have yourself a very enjoyable leveling experience (pun intended)!
    i agree with you im slowly leveling a druid in BG and questing while waiting, it aint the fastest way but it keeps it fun.

Also if heard somewhere that u can use the tokens to get gold once you get enough, you can trade them in somewhere for gold so if got more then 100 from each BG available at my level so i really dont worry to much about gold .
    http://www.theincrement.enjin.com
    Alliance - EU - Tarren Mill
    Progress:1/7 Mythic Emerald + 2/3 Normal Tov
    Recruiting:Exceptional recruits are always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctury
    On which EU English Battlegroup can you level without almost no waiting time?
    I dont want to wait like +10min to get into BG
    Thanks for answers
    Well, you mean 10-80. You can't enter a BG at level one.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctury
    On which EU English Battlegroup can you level without almost no waiting time?
    I dont want to wait like +10min to get into BG
    Thanks for answers
    Mmm heres what i do. Works amazingly well, Q up for bgs and quest while you wait for the . ZOMG thats smart.

also try to get through all the low end parts of the brackets through quests. Example dont start bgs till you are these levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogood
    Leveling in a BG from 1-80: very inefficient!!!

If u wanna level, check out james horde and alliance leveling guides, which are available in a print version or an addon (super uber)-his guides
    are literally the best free guides u will coem across, even better or on par with the paid ones!

Heres the link to Jame's levelin guides: http://wow-pro.com/
    I do use those guides but Bgs are usually the "more fun" option (with a few exceptions like frost mage lower than 40 as you will get raped by most rouges before you can do anything important)
    Yes it's possible but will proly take longer than it has to.

10+ Year Old Account

its also just something diffrent from the normal leveling, after leveling 2 characters i was up for something else.

i only do the simple kill 10x person y, or something like that between battlegrounds, this is really fast most of the time. only on some days hordes are just owning all the battleground and then its really slow, but still fun.
    http://www.theincrement.enjin.com
    Alliance - EU - Tarren Mill
    Progress:1/7 Mythic Emerald + 2/3 Normal Tov
    Recruiting:Exceptional recruits are always welcome!

10+ Year Old Account

Like others have said, levelling 10-80 in BG's are very inefficient. However, it's a lot more fun than questing, and AV is actually pretty efficient xp. If you can run fast AV's, destroy enemy nodes while keeping yours, you can ding every 5-6 games or so. That said, in my battelgroup AV is always a race and almost no one defends their own nodes, so that cuts our xp gains in half. If you want to level a character entirely in BG's, a DK is the ideal class atm.

I remember GC saying when 3.2 was in PTR that they planned to offer blues and greens as BG rewards in the future. If this happens, queues should be popping like mad. For now, AV is the only worthwhile levelling BG, anything below the 50+ bracket is just for learning your class, or twinking.

After the AV xp nerf and the simple fact that if you don't win you get nothing I would say it is a terrible idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Hey all so long time watcher of mmo first time poster but I saw this topic and am currently lvl'g my warrior thru bgs drezdensteel on mug'thol. I have to say that it has been alot of fun. Sometimes the ques are long but usually i spend that time lvl'ing up my weapon & defense skills. I have to say that by lvl'g thru bgs u really learn the core mechanics of ur class. I really like the change to bgs as i almost never que'd prior to 3.2 patch. Now i'm really enjoy this game again. Anyway just my .02

Re: BG Leveling 10-80?

To the OP: You cannot enter BGs until level 10. And you can only do WSG till 20. 20 you can do WSG and AB. 51 you can do WSG AB and AV, 60 = EoTS... and the rest I simply do not know.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

70-80 in AV is awesome, i leveled two toons recently purely for pvp, and hate AV at 80 because apparently at 80 everybody is bored of actually defending towers.

if i START in av at lvl 78, in general i end up at 80 with capped AV marks no problem, aswell as my stocks of EoTS, WSG and AB marks from boredom games whilst leveling (generally 40 or so of each) around 120k honor in just wins and kills, following this i just run Strand and isle, as well as a couple of heroics and end up in honor gear up to standard in a week or two of playing no more than a couple of hours a day.

also, as long as you don't get walked all over, AV is good exp if you win or lose, a perfect win at lvl 78 atm comed up as 12kx5, 18kx1, 8kx4 and 4kx2. thats 120k exp in 11 mins with massive rounding down, probably ends up closer to 130.

and if you lose, but still cap 4 towers and kill galv/belinda, you still get 5x 12k = 60k exp + trash exp.

its not, quite, as fast as questing, but, you spend less time in BG's at 80, you can then do a LOT of easy questing at 80 for gold (schol at 80 takes no more than 3 hours for a full sweep and nets way more than 2k gold).

all in all, leveling, at least 70-80, if you plan to pvp on a toon anyways, is the best decision you could make, the cost of lower exp gain is simply lowering the amount of time you take at 80 to achive your goals, a massive net gain in time speant, as well as leaving open a path for very very easy gold should you want it AND its not brain meltingly mundane.