Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Only one piece of gear in toc 25

There will be times when a piece that includes ArP on it is indeed an upgrade (although not preference of stats). Don't blindly ignore all mail pieces with ArP as often the other stats are enough to result in a DPS improvement. As far as preference if a hunter needs the item as well it should more than likely be passed to them since all loot is hunter loot anyhow.

It sort of makes you think that Blizz should inherently code a mechanic into some deep talent of each spec, where some percentage of their total armor is added to a core stat, like AP, SP, defense (or dodge), etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon
    It sort of makes you think that Blizz should inherently code a mechanic into some deep talent of each spec, where some percentage of their total armor is added to a core stat, like AP, SP, defense (or dodge), etc.

If only, if only. Just having a talent that makes elemental scale with gear would be nice, enhancement already has said goodies. Granted this goes off of armor (like DK and Warrior talents for armor = ap), I don't think it would be too far fetched if they did that with at least shamans and druids (moonkins here though, sorry trees).

But to the OP. Don't fool yourself about there only being "one" upgrade in ToC and ToGC. Because this is such a small dungeon, there's a small table to go with it. I feel your pain in not wearing mail in every slot that's armor but an upgrade is an upgrade. Hell, the ToGC10 staff is better than a shield/1h combo until you get better to upgrade out of it (basically the combination of both a new weapon and shield from ToC25).

Grit your teeth and wear the cloth and leather anyways, it'll do you better than letting yourself sit in old gear that can be upgraded.
    :3

<- Totally the ranged leader of my guild... I'd be well annoyed to see cloth-only stuff come up with nice stats and not be able to bid any of my dkp on it > Plus, imo it's kind of retarded to not let people grab items that they can use which are an upgrade (or at least a chance to roll / bid on them.) But yeah, cloth waist, cloth wrists, leather legs are BiS pieces, with a resto ring.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|