Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    New fade concept (high speed)

    I was thinking about how fade in Imp Shadowform was a bit useless... because as soon as we use it we are snare once again cf poison etc.

    So to escape from a re-snare, making it remove snare + a 2sec increased speed by 50%. It wouldn't be too OP in my opinion...

    /discuss
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

  2. #2

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Yea a sprint that breaks snare every 15 secs talented isn't OP at all.


    /thread.

  3. #3

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    A 70% snare that is applied every weapon swing is fair and balanced.

    I think the reason why this would be shot down is because of B&S.

  4. #4

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    I was thinking about how fade in Imp Shadowform was a bit useless... because as soon as we use it we are snare once again cf poison etc.

    So to escape from a re-snare, making it remove snare + a 2sec increased speed by 50%. It wouldn't be too OP in my opinion...

    /discuss
    You're wrong. Try playing shadow some more, you won't ALWAYS be hit and have poison reapplied because your teammates will help you out. Also, there's hamstring that you can break with fade and it can save you from being gibbed.

  5. #5

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    Yea a sprint that breaks snare every 15 secs talented isn't OP at all.


    /thread.
    Yes, I agree, they should lower the duration of Sprint to 2 seconds and lower the speed to 50% increased movement speed since you seem to think that this is like Sprint.

    Oh wait, this isn't like Sprint at all. It is much much worse, it just gives you a small chance to actually get out of melee range.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  6. #6

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    Yea a sprint that breaks snare every 15 secs talented isn't OP at all.


    /thread.
    I like it, it is and isnt like blink ;-D. Its better then blink if you ask me except you cant get out of stuns. I dont see why they cant give it to us.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  7. #7

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Because the game isn't balance around 1v1. There should be someone peeling that Rogue off you after you Fade. That's how Blizzard sees it anyway.

    They don't want to keep giving casters more tools to get away and melee more tools to catch up.

    It's a weakness that can be overcome with a teammate, which is Blizzard's point. Kinda makes sense.

    EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

  8. #8

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Yeah yeah of course ^^

    First they said that : "we don't want mages like spell for other casters !"

    Wotlk : Warlocks : Teleportation

    ==> WTF it's even more cheated.

    And it's not only the shadow spec it's the class.

    We are the only class that don't have spell to escape from melee or another similar effect.

    DK : well they don't want to escape from melee AND they don't lack spell to bring caster to melee
    - Ice chain (base and spammable)
    - Desecration (talent)
    - Heart strike (glyph)

    Druids : in feral it's the same
    - feral charge
    - feral swiftness
    And about escaping melee
    - travel form ==> dispell EVERY snare low mana and spammable + increased speed
    - dispell poison
    - typhoon (moonkin)

    Hunters :
    - traps
    - disengage
    - a pet (that can snare)

    Mages : LOL
    - blink
    - frost spec
    - arcane spec
    - miror images

    Paladins : LOL again
    - Bubul
    - hand of freedom
    - dispell poison
    - CONSTANT increased speed
    and tha't in all spec

    Rogues : LOL once again
    - sprint
    - poison
    - throwing knife
    - gouge...

    Shamans : Ok they are in the same situation as ours

    Warlocks :
    - TP with high range (one but one enough)

    Warriors :
    - charge
    - break knee (that's the french)

    Priests :
    - Fade ==> lol
    And our PW:Shield doesn't even immune to snare.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

  9. #9

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    We are the only class that don't have spell to escape from melee or another similar effect.
    You do have physical scream

  10. #10

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    No we don't

    Warriors ==> Rage berserker
    Rogues ==> shadow cloak
    DK ==> Anti magic shield
    Druids ==> primal tenacity / Berserk
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

  11. #11

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoria
    You do have physical scream
    You do know, this game is like full of UD's? We wont survive, some classes that are UD's etc

  12. #12

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    No we don't

    Warriors ==> Rage berserker
    Rogues ==> shadow cloak
    DK ==> Anti magic shield
    Druids ==> primal tenacity / Berserk
    the list goes on
    Will of the Forsaken, Lichborne, PVPTrinket, Dispel Magic, Tremor Totem, Divine Shield, Fear Ward

  13. #13

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Mages : LOL
    - blink
    - frost spec
    - arcane spec
    - miror images
    Missed Blazing speed thats a good distancer

    Rogue till I die.

    Holy pally no other!

  14. #14

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    .... cuase fire is a competitive PvP spec...
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  15. #15

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Theedy
    the list goes on
    Will of the Forsaken, Lichborne, PVPTrinket, Dispel Magic, Tremor Totem, Divine Shield, Fear Ward
    Did you know, crippling poison doesn't count as a snare because it can be broken by gnome racial, dwarf racial, cleansing totem, cleanse, cleanse spirit, cure toxins, Hand of freedom, pvp trinket, warlock teleport, imp sprint, iceblock blablablabla

    Arguing that something doesn't count because it can be countered, really rules out pretty much *everything*.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Shamans : Ok they are in the same situation as ours
    What have you been drinking?

    Shamans have the most powerful anti snare+smare in the game.

    Ghost wolf keeps you at 100% speed all the time while the rogue, warrior or whatever is slowed by the eartbind totem or frost shock. As a warrior, you can never catch any shaman unless theyre completely imcompetent. As a paladin, they just purge off your freedom and again no catching. As a rogue its better but in no way are the shamans in disadvantage even here.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  17. #17

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    No we don't

    Warriors ==> Rage berserker
    Rogues ==> shadow cloak
    DK ==> Anti magic shield
    Druids ==> primal tenacity / Berserk
    Half of those can't be used to break fear.

  18. #18

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    Did you know, crippling poison doesn't count as a snare because it can be broken by gnome racial, dwarf racial, cleansing totem, cleanse, cleanse spirit, cure toxins, Hand of freedom, pvp trinket, warlock teleport, imp sprint, iceblock blablablabla

    Arguing that something doesn't count because it can be countered, really rules out pretty much *everything*.
    huh? which from that list does a priest posses to counter crippling poison?
    (no, fade and trinket are not counters)

  19. #19

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    None...

    We don't have a poison dispell...
    We can dispell magic yeah but Cata will give a dispell magic to all classes....

    Our PW:S absorb damage and so should immune to poison but no...

    Fade is useless unless you don't have a melee following you but it's never the case ==> "Focus the Sp"

    Yes we have dispersion lol ==>
    - Let's give Spriests an anti snare !
    - Yes but let's not take the risk to make them viable
    - You're right ! the 6 sec silence is good no ?
    - Oh yeah great idea !
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

  20. #20

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    .... cuase fire is a competitive PvP spec...
    It is in 3's and 5's

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •