Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by domzae
    huh? which from that list does a priest posses to counter crippling poison?
    (no, fade and trinket are not counters)
    Sometimes it helps to not stand alone vs. 2/3 players.
    Now, not only can't I count your tools because they can be countered. I also can't count ways to counter tools used against you in a team setting unless your toon with your specific spec are the one holding the counter tool.

    It's flawed logic to disregard a tool because it can be countered. Pretty much anything in this game can be countered, which was my point.
    And yes, I think you are very biased and irrational with those arguments.

    I can agree with you that shadow priests need "something", what that something is, I don't know. But there is better ways to get your point across than to irrationally disregard any counter arguments.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

  2. #22
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,091

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Paladins : LOL again
    - Bubul
    - hand of freedom
    - dispell poison
    - CONSTANT increased speed
    and tha't in all spec
    Yeah, and ret paladins have a distance closer amirite?
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  3. #23

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Yeah, and ret paladins have a distance closer amirite?
    Don't forget, death knights have infinite frost runes and arcane tree does not have tools. It is a tool.
    Edit: Almost missed. Gouge is a distance closer.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

  4. #24

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    Yea a sprint that breaks snare every 15 secs talented isn't OP at all.


    /thread.
    Druids can break a snare whenever they want by changing forms. By comparison, every 15 sec seems fine.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    394

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Paladins : LOL again
    - Bubul
    - hand of freedom
    - dispell poison
    - CONSTANT increased speed
    and tha't in all spec
    Let me point out your lack of knowledge. "Bubul" is dispelled easily by Priests. Hand of Freedom, also dispelled easily by anyone who can dispell. Dispel poison? You mean Cleanse, which only takes off one poison at a time, is hardly great in a situation with poisons from rogues. CONSTANT increased speed as you call it is only 15%, and seeing as how if they're running away from you anyway, I don't see how this is a problem.


  6. #26

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Don't worry I know that !

    But you at least have something even if it can be counter or dispelled.

    WE have nothing except fade and dispersion wich is our ultimate shadow talent....
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

  7. #27

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thragh
    Yea a sprint that breaks snare every 15 secs talented isn't OP at all.


    /thread.
    Lol, sprint. What do you call the power word shield movement increase for Holy Priests? Cuz that's so imba in PvP right? That's 60% movement increase and it's for 4 seconds. Hardly game breaking, but very useful for peeling melee off ur ass. If a melee lets your Psychic Scream go when he has a trinket/cd that can break it he's retarded. What else is he going to use his trinket for? Psychic Scream is the only cc 2 of our specs have and it's on a 30 sec cd. No reason to save the trinket except for the next PS 30 seconds later. Priests definitely need either more effective cc, a better shield, or some more escape mechanics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    Did you know, crippling poison doesn't count as a snare because it can be broken by gnome racial, dwarf racial, cleansing totem, cleanse, cleanse spirit, cure toxins, Hand of freedom, pvp trinket, warlock teleport, imp sprint, iceblock blablablabla

    Arguing that something doesn't count because it can be countered, really rules out pretty much *everything*.
    Psychic Scream talented has a cd of at least 26 secs still. If you burn it or it's countered, we got nothing for another almost 30 secs, as opposed to an auto attack applying a 70% movement decrease everytime it hits. Remove rogue poison and he applies it again 0.5 secs later. Trinket Psychic Scream and there's 30 seconds to blast us away before the cd resets. I was actually thinking about suggesting a shadow buff for Levitate. I know it breaks on damage, but there could possibly be a short, but significant move speed increase where Levitate doesn't break on damage while the move speed increase is active, possibly through a glyph or something. Levitate would have to be on some type of cd (or give a debuff similar to how Power Word: Shield is balanced), but I hadn't really gone into great detail while thinking about it. It was just a passing thought.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord Izenhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    There is only one Legion.
    Posts
    4,032

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    I don't care about PvP because I don't PvP with this one, but some survivability to priests is appreciated, watching a side of my class dying a little inside is making me sad!

  9. #29

    Re: New fade concept (high speed)

    Improved Fade DOES work provided you use it at the right time.

    If you're being raped by a rogue, you want to fear him away, BEFORE you pop fade. Unfortunately, this is where priests fail. Once their in Melee range, there is very little they can do to get OUT Of Melee range.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •