feral druid + ? 2v2

Hello all. I am relatively new to arena pvp (highest rating ~1300 in only 2v2). I'm a feral druid and so far i have paired with a disc priest and a Rogue both teams were fairly equal but i am wondering if there is a better balanced partner for a feral druid. Any ideas?

Re: feral druid + ? 2v2

U can try going with a mage or a bm-hunter. Priest is probably the best partner you can play with as a feral in 2v2, although restoshaman and holypaladin also works, but you and a priest really work well togeather. He will probably have some mana issues, wich you solve with innervate and decent peeling and survivability, you will probably have a hard time bursting people down without much CC and MS, and a priest can burst hard and help you with dispels.

I have seen some retripaladin/ferals around and stuff like that, if u want to that's probably an alternative.

Feral rogue is a bit harder to play , you guys need to chain you're ccs right and know how and what to burst . With an ok geared disc you can climb higher if you are new.
    I would also suggest a 3s rogue , disc feral is a great comp

You know Im feral druid and I am just getting to a point where I can start to think about doing arenas, so what I did was to Q for unrated 2v2s all day long and note some of the results, let me share them with you and you make what you will.

My toons name is Wowmybad, on skullcrusher alliance.

The best results I had was with a frost mage, we beat a holypally/mswarrior twice, cause we were able to keep ccing them and separating them so the pally couldn't heal well. We also beat a dk/resto druid twice, but it was much easier than paly/warrior.

I got paired up with a rogue twice, I don't know what spec he was but we had a hard time beating anything, probably my fault since I would have to change to a more supportive/cc role in that comp.

I paired up with some shammys, didn't win a single match, not sure why really, they were all elemental.

I got a disc priest and we won twice, once against a rogue/mage and the other time against 2 pally team ret/holy. Against the rogue/mage we won mostly cause the priest was a tough target, he kept himself alive and I was able to kill the mage fairly easly, the rogue died soon after. The 2 pally team went down hard, I got 5 cps rather quickly and was able to cyclone the healer, then dps the ret, the healer trinketed the clyclone and then mage silenced him on a heal,the ret pally bubbled then was mass dispelled and I was then able to kill him quickly.

One thing that I noticed as a strategy is that when fighting attacking mages or shamans from stealth its better to use ravage than pounce, mages always blink and sometimes even blink from a ravage cause they're expecting a pounce, and ele shamans from what I seen will almost always use their thunderstorm or whatever that knock back is called.

One thing that I need to figure out is what the hell to do against hunters and their snake traps, I had a heck of a time with those, I think I died to every team with a hunter in it.

Well sorry I got sidetracked, just really wanted to talk some feral 2v2s..

edit: some spelling/grammar

15+ Year Old Account

Discpriest is just the best way to go as Feral Druid it seems. I didn't have any real Arena experience on my Feral Druid till 3 weeks ago, then I went arena with a DiscPriest, and saw the rating went up to 1770 in the first 3 weeks. Pretty decent imo and also whenever you see a Feral Druid in 2v2, he's teamed up with a Priest.

I'm just looking from my own perspective here and I don't really know the facts. Hope it helped tho.

i vote for feral+rogue. I actually just started playing this comp and even though my rogue is pretty geared im only wearing 315 resil with 2 piece deadly and random blues, ilvl 200 epics from TOC5 reg and a couple ilvl 219 epics from HTOC5 and we made it up to 1650 without much of a struggle. Before this i've played a mage and my druid as resto and I've only been playing feral (outside of when i leveled) for about 4-5 days.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Feral+resto druid
    Unkillable, unoomable force of cyclone spam.. Hi warrior! have fun standing there for the whole match xoxo

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    Feral+resto druid
    Unkillable, unoomable force of cyclone spam.. Hi warrior! have fun standing there for the whole match xoxo
    DR anyone? Obviously a DiscPriest is a better way to go, and he won't ever go oom either with your innervate still being on a silly 3 min CD.

I've seen a few feral/destro locks doing decently.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

grind bg a bit for some resto gears and be OP in 2s.

i think i've only lost twice to feral druid combo in 2s in the 30 or so games in arena

Quote Originally Posted by RAYDEON
    grind bg a bit for some resto gears and be OP in 2s.

i think i've only lost twice to feral druid combo in 2s in the 30 or so games in arena
    Resto druid isnt realy so 'OP' imho. I've played many classes and I still find paladins and shamans more annoying and harder to kill.
    Back to the topic: I started to play w/ feral druid on my rogue last night I've been 80lv like 5 days now on my rogue and we went up to 1.8k rating in a few hours(started from 1.5k).

Feral/Rogue for a quick 1800 team. I don't care how hard anyone says, it's one of the easiest comps in the game; coordinating 2 CCs is hardly a challenge.

Feral/Disc is a lot better for longevity, but in essence, you're a gimped rogue. Still not a bad comp by any means.

Feral/Destro I've seen do well if your lock isn't terrible and you can get coordination with your CCs. But in all honesty, if you've got a lock friend that wants to play, you should be going resto and he afflic so you can both stop wasting eachother's time.

These are really the comps that will take you farthest. If you're being told to play with a hunter/ret/mage it's not going to last past 1600, maybe 1700 if you get lucky queues. The ability to burst undergeared healers/dps goes away quickly with higher ranking.

feral disc is a good setup. you'll outlast almost every team if you want, and you have the cc to line up kills too if thats how you want to play. you'll struggle against hunter/healer and afflock/healer teams though.

on the other hand, some of the more common teams like warrior/healer and rogue/healer can be won fairly easily if played right.

this is the comp i play in 2s as priest and your priest will have to be quite conservative against teams that have mortal strike, as wasting mana dpsing can mean he'll go oom.

If you want fun for some matches and don't care about being thrashed in some others, go arcane/feral. Innervate him and you got a 20% hasted 30% damage increased mage spamming AB while a Cat sit's on the back of his target letting it bleed to death. You can reach decent ratings with this, but disc is the best partner for a feral actually.

disc priest or rogue is your best chance. Feral rogue is likely the easiest, just try to get an opponent to trinket a cyclone and get a full duration blind on him, not hard to nuke a person in 10 seconds as that setup. Just watch out that you don't run into an aoe at start cause the opener is very important. Getting 1800 shouldn't be to hard if you are any decent. Watch the fat cow on wcm to see the basics.

Mate, I suggest you find a skilled rogue and stick to that. Recently I started playing with my best friend as feral druid/rogue and so far it's been a blast at around 2100. Lots of CC and coordination is needed but it's really worth it.
    GL with it and HF.

/agree with all the many folks who vouched for feral/rogue, it's an incredible fun comp to play, with the only trinketable bit of your cc being blind, reallistically.

And if you time it right you'll waste their GCD on their trinket, and get the kill.

The biggest problem for us currently is resetting when a pala hops or bops; due to there always being some kind of major complication.
    We're getting there though.

Half man, Half amazin'.

double feral sup 1200s