Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Least WEAPON dependant class?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstép
    Actually hunter isnt rly weapon depeant
    did you not count the ranged weapon? try a few different ranged weapons on a hunter, e.g. iLVL 200 219 232 and 245
    both speed and wpn-dps has alot to say on the overall dps of a hunter

all casters ofc, melee - unholy dk

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    bullshit
    Sadly I'd have to agree with the person you called BS on. My old pvp guild used to have their rogue alts make their s3 shoulders be their first epic on the toon. Another horde guild on server, "Rogues Take Zero Skill," claimed to have one guy who made 2k as a rogue wearing nothing but his weps, but I cannot confirm that at all. Seems a bit extreme, even for a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziukas
    Not even their ranged weapon?

I agree to a degree....just messing around i put a lvl 2 gun on and went to the test dummy oddly enough there was only about a 3-500 dps loss over having talonstrike equipped thats not nearly as much of a differance as i thought it would be.

I've never seen an enhancement shaman having spell dmgs higher than melee dmg in recounts, but whatever...
    Nowadays it is soooo easy to get a good weapon for any class. go within one week every day 20minutes into PdC Hero and hope for a stingy ilvl219 -- it's a DUNGEON! not a raid. and once a week you go bashing onyxia, which in my opinion isn't a raid neither and hope for a nice 232 or 245er weapon. you'll have in no time a good weapon for any class and you can still PvP in the maintime.
    it could even be fun, otherwise make some rating and buy yourself a pvp weapon

10+ Year Old Account

Well, melee-classes first of all. A caster can manage without weapons, melees actually can't. (<ability> requires melee weapon)
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde
    Druid.
    bullshit...

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Fockerlol

Best Druid EU :3

Quote Originally Posted by HellsBucket

I agree to a degree....just messing around i put a lvl 2 gun on and went to the test dummy oddly enough there was only about a 3-500 dps loss over having talonstrike equipped thats not nearly as much of a differance as i thought it would be.
    I also agree w/you. our best hunter, who would routinely top the damage meters in Uld25, put on a gray (GRAY) level 125 bow http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33422 over his http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45261, and still made top 3 on dps AND damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich
    I personally dont like end game pve , much prefer the BGs. So i usually gear up only by farming honor and u cant get a good weapon without doing eng game raids wich i hate.

So i wanna ask who is least WEAPON dependant class?(not least gear dependant class)
    Good weapons dropping from H ToC, no need to raid for pvp. Just choose any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    As someone else has already stated elsewhere in this thread, the -only- place it truly matters is in PvP, where a melee class is useless disarmed and a caster is not.
    That's because melee are not able to use their abilities without a weapon unlike casters, it's not the scaling with weapon damage that hurts melee while disarmed as much as the silence effect added on to it.

Assuming the same item budget weapons only benefit from the stats on the weapon regardless of DPS, it might as well be a chest piece. For melee the stats are amazing but also the DPS on the weapon counts.

It's kinda tough to determine which class depends on weapons the most, but your best bet is to go to some DPS sim and see how much weapon DPS is worth in str/agi/ap to classes and compare it to spl power for casters, tally it up and see which gives more damage for same item level weapons.

However it is a completely pointless discussion, I don't see how it matters who gets more from weapons.

casters or non shield wearing healers

my vote goes to locks

Deleted

Casters probably , but any and every class is more or less weapon dependant some more than others (warriors are probably the most)and with a good eapon you will do much much muuuuccch better than with a crap one

Quote Originally Posted by Mushrøømz
    I'd actually say enhancement shamans because a big part of their damage come from spells. Enhancement shammies get SP from AP, and as we all know, 1H weapons don't bring much AP/stats.
    Completely wrong. Yes a big part of enhance dmg comes from spells, but weapons are still hugely important. 1H weapons do bring dps boosts though and considering a very large portion of enhance dmg comes from white attacks (like all dual wielders), having up to date weapons is just as important as it is compared to a DW DK or even Unholy DK as they have a lot of spell dmg like enhance. Warriors are most dependent on weapons with rogues being equal to or a little bit behind depending on spec. I would agree with Holy Pally being least weapon dependent.

Any healer.

Weapons are huge for everyone without a dobut. However...

-Tanks need a strong weapon to maintain threat, since most of the stats on their gear are devoted to survival.
    -Physical DPS (melee + hunters) need a strong weapon to increase the power of all their strikes, and to strengthen their white damage.
    -Caster DPS almost invariably gets more benefit from Spell Power than any other stat (once hit capped at any rate), and weapons are your single largest source of Spell Power.
    -Healers need spell power absolutely, but care just as much about mana, regen, haste, etc. Healers still need a good weapon, because the large amount of SP on the weapon is part of what allows you to socket stats other than SP, and to focus on other secondary stats.... but they are the *least* hurt by having an inferior weapon.

Of all the healers, I'd say that Paladins who stack Spell Power for FoL spam are most hurt by the lack of a good weapon, while Paladins who stack Int for HL spam are the least hurt (much of the power of HL comes from its baseline effect + talents). Still, these are all relative comparisons; show me a player who doesn't care about the quality of his/her weapon, and I'll show you a player who doesn't care about the performance of his/her character :-P

Me ;D