Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Does Anub cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    Why would u stand in front of a boss if u aren't a tank? the amout of cleaves and breaths there are makes it not worthit to chance it. to answer ur question, yes i believe he cleaves.
    You're a fucking idiot, stop talking. The front of Anub'arak is literally the safest place to be for healers. It makes the add tank's job a lot easier because the adds have to run through him and Anub'arak to get to the healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightseye
    The front of Anub'arak is literally the safest place to be for healers. It makes the add tank's job a lot easier because the adds have to run through him and Anub'arak to get to the healers.
    ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9
    i did correct myself, but the point is there is never a reason to hangout in front of a boss if u aren't a tank or can't help it(cept maybe hodir depending on the snow mounds)
    Nobody is talking about hanging out. The fact that he doesn't cleave allows you to for example, pull him through the raid onto an ice patch when he resurfaces. This is sometimes useful when doing hard mode.

Even Tank spots guide to Anub Arak says that he does a powerful frontal cone aoe that will hit everyone in front of him but this ability can't be found on wowheads list of his abilities and I've been in a group that had all the healers stand on the tank the entire time just to prove there is no cleave or frontal aoe ability. Myths like Anubs cleave are so annoying because they are impossible to disprove because raid leaders will never believe someone who has tested it over reputable guides which are just spreading the myth on faith.

Being able to drag anub through the raid to an ice patch or allowing the OT to be close to the front of anub when positioning the adds for player cleaves is quite handy. It just bugs the crap out of me that disinformation like this never gets called out by any source with enough clout to get raid leaders to consider the possibility that tank spot was wrong. I've poured over google.

Does anyone have a link to a good source(not a long thread) that proves he does not cleave?
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

His freezing slash has a cleave animation, but only hits the target currently highest on threat.

I do recall that freezing slash was a cleave on ptr. Correct me if i'm wrong though

10, 25, 10 heroic, 25 heroic...he does not hit anyone but the highest on threat....

But as others have mentioned....don't DPS from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari

I do recall that freezing slash was a cleave on ptr. Correct me if i'm wrong though
    it was

In my experience, the issue arises when the tank is positioning him near frost patches so melee can nail the Burrowers. So, no... it's not that the DPS WANT to be in front of him, but people freak out when the tanks are trying to position him, and there's always the one guy yelling "AMIGAD HE CLEAVES!", and I calmly try to explain "No, he does not. Shut up and DPS."

15+ Year Old Account

the answer to your question is no he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightseye
    You're a fucking idiot, stop talking. The front of Anub'arak is literally the safest place to be for healers. It makes the add tank's job a lot easier because the adds have to run through him and Anub'arak to get to the healers.
    This ended the thread already. Stop posting.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    the answer to your question is no he does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    This ended the thread already. Stop posting.
    Yes, there is no doubt that he does not cleave. The point to my post was my closing question which I still hope someone can answer:

"Does anyone have a link to a good source(not a long thread) that proves he does not cleave?"
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    Yes, there is no doubt that he does not cleave. The point to my post was my closing question which I still hope someone can answer:

"Does anyone have a link to a good source(not a long thread) that proves he does not cleave?"
    The poster above has a point. However, if you don't want to do that, all the proof you need is in the combat log. Tell whoever doubts you to try and find an instance of the tank being cleaved.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Here is your proof Look at ability list for the boss on wowwiki Ony Cleaves as shown here http://www.wowwiki.com/Onyxia_(tactics)

Anub does not as it is not listed here http://www.wowwiki.com/Anub%27arak_(Crusaders%27_Coliseum_tactics)

/thread

He only cleaves when there is just one person standing in front of him.