Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Quote Originally Posted by Jantimirlol
    how did u open it?

default button " I "

or click on LFG icon in ur tooltip

Thx for sharing new LFG UI. Omg 70g and 2 emblems of frost, still moar heroics every day till Cataclysm...

Edit : actually maybe not, blue post :

Looking for Group UI

* The gold rewards for randomized dungeon quests available through the LFG UI are not correct.
    * Dungeon Matchmaking has not been fully optimized.
    * Premade groups aren't always receiving rewards for the daily dungeon quests.
    * Dungeons with requirements to enter are no always blocking entry when their requirements are not properly met.

I just want to know what the new titles for getting exalted with the bgs are going to be ...

Logged into the ptr a little while ago with my live toon and nothing in game yet. Hope its something good after making Battlemaster the Jenkins 2.0

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    I'll point you to my post on page 17. Even if it's Bolvar (and he most likely is), what makes no sense is that the Lich King left before he was burned, and the Dragonflight had the place into check ever since. There's no timeframe in which Arthas could have collected Bolvar's body, the gate has not opened ever since, and none of his servants could have sneaked out and recovered his body under the nose of Alex and co.

We know it will happen but it still is a plothole.
    Aye i'm with you with the plot hole, also if you read the sc posted here a few days ago you can read a very sane and yet rational Bolvar beign tortured by arthas to become his minion (i can't think about a creature with the looks of lavaman being tortured )

So i guess that the only reasonable options are:
    a) he survived the flames and mutated somehow with the new plague (maybe we will see some more flaming heroes protecting him or anything) and/or was captured when he tried to confront arthas again.

b) who cares about lore? arthas went to a bar and in the way back home he spot some charred bones and though: "Zomg this will really be cool!"

Wtf, even paladins get more skulls on thier gear than Warriors
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

Quote Originally Posted by Half Elf Dragon
    Each set seems to have a specific inspiration

Priest - Cultist/Acolyte(Cult of the Damned)

Personally, the color in the picture for Priest makes it look generic. I'm hoping the others are more Cultist-y
    No cultist-hood, no cultist-look. Tier4 anyone?
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Deleted

The priest tier was really cool, but I dunno if it's a priest looking tier. The paladin tier on the other hand is looking like DKs PvP-set with flames.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom
    Wtf, even paladins get more skulls on thier gear than Warriors
    yea but whats up with the paladins eyes? He..just..looks..so ..stupid!

15+ Year Old Account

Lava man IS Darth Sion from KOTOR2!!

He just tripped over on Mustafar.

Easier to assume it was burnt
    that would make even less sense than spacegoats crashing in alien spaceships :
    bolvar's shield lies perfectly intact, yet his sword and armor would have been burnt down ? was he wearing wooden ones ?
    the only hole in the plot here is how, not when. if you take lavaman's aspect into account, you can assume bolvar's body retrieval took place after the fire began. something happened while the red dragonflight was toasting the whole place. alexstrasza and korialstrasz saw it yet were somehow unable to prevent it. that's the ONLY reason they would BOTH come down to the very place it happened.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I cant be bothered screwing around with screenshots and i cant check in game but im pretty much sure that the layered plates on 'lavamans' shoulders are also present on the old grand marshal chest with the shoulder graphic turned off albiet with the crappy vanilla texture...so its basically flat
    Although its been years since i last saw it

Oh my, did they remove the Light of Dawn as a Realm First Title and made it a Heroic 25 reward? Oh god I hope so. The other two titles blow compared to this beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul
    that would make even less sense than spacegoats crashing in alien spaceships :
    bolvar's shield lies perfectly intact, yet his sword and armor would have been burnt down ? was he wearing wooden ones ?
    the only hole in the plot here is how, not when. if you take lavaman's aspect into account, you can assume bolvar's body retrieval took place after the fire began. something happened while the red dragonflight was toasting the whole place. alexstrasza and korialstrasz saw it yet were somehow unable to prevent it. that's the ONLY reason they would BOTH come down to the very place it happened.
    I think it's easier to assume that a shield resisted the fire than postulating that a lich king servant could sneak through closed gates and recover a body while being hit directly by the breath of a Dragon Aspect who projected an aura that would make it impossible to even mount.

There was also a pretty big bucket of flowers were Bolvar died. The simpliest assumption is that originally Blizzard didn't think of it, or wanted Bolvar's death to be merely the fuel for the Alliance vs Horde plotline. Somewhere around Ulduar they decided to reuse Bolvar, and here we are.

If they had it planned from the beginning, then it goes from shoddy storytelling to shoddy storytelling. You tell me what kind of Lich King servant could stand up to a Dragon Aspect and run away without even opening the gates.

You are all wrong. Lavaman aka Human Torch is part of the "A tribute to Marvel" festivities:

And seriously:
    It could very well be Bolvar, and he could perhaps have a fire aura that would protect the raid from the freezing Icecrown damage aura thing, if you stay around him. Kind of like the Zerberus fight in the theorycraft-beat-my-instance thread somewhere here on MMO.

< Boss enaged lava man Good luck>

Lavaman yells : FLAME ON!!

I think it's easier to assume that a shield resisted the fire than postulating that a lich king servant could sneak through closed gates and recover a body while being hit directly by the breath of a Dragon Aspect who projected an aura that would make it impossible to even mount.

There was also a pretty big bucket of flowers were Bolvar died. The simpliest assumption is that originally Blizzard didn't think of it, or wanted Bolvar's death to be merely the fuel for the Alliance vs Horde plotline. Somewhere around Ulduar they decided to reuse Bolvar, and here we are.

If they had it planned from the beginning, then it goes from shoddy storytelling to shoddy storytelling. You tell me what kind of Lich King servant could stand up to a Dragon Aspect and run away without even opening the gates.
    Perhaps the Nerubians burrowed a tunnel below the corpses to retrieve them. Who knows! They are no magic users so maybe they were unable to be detected, and well tunnels seem to be a pretty cool explanation ;p. Outside the box thinking, but ye.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Deleted

Bolvar aggro: FLAME ON!

15+ Year Old Account

Somewhere around Ulduar they decided to reuse Bolvar, and here we are.
    nice assumption, but blizzard developers stated somewhere around the release of wotlk, that nearly everything of all the content patches of wotlk is already finished, at least the basics (so they knew ulduar was coming, the tournament was coming and 3.3 will be ICC. they may not have all the encounters finally tuned, but they basically knew how much and which encounters and what the fight basically looks like)
    so I'd bet, that they already knew about bolvar as some kind of boss when 99% of the people didn't even know that he dies through some dragonblight-event-quest. I can't really imagine that they didn't decided that already. the graphics of him might not be finished then, but that he somehow survived the event and that he may changed his appearance due to being burned was also already decided, I believe.

and the way HOW he survived and how he was removed from the battlefield is something which will take part of the 3.3 cinematic. I'd be surprised, if not. bolvar is a really strong encounter lorewise...

oh, and if you didn't recognized... i'm very sure, that "lavaman" is just a placeholder used by boub, making the very first post not that direct spoiler-like (he could've named it "highlord-bolvar-survived.jpg", but that would be very much spoilered, and he just didn't want it to be that way.)
    be sure to correct me, if I'm wrong.

Bolvar looks suh-weet, can't wait for ICC.

No1 posted it before? ;D

And i have question about "new brand look" LFG tool — WHERE IS F***G raids?