Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    The core reason for the Random LFG system is probably Blizzard's own interests.

No matter what their PR says, the userbase IS shrinking, and the guild format is forming a bigger stranglehold on the way the gay is run. Fewer and fewer people pug, long-estabilshed gaming communities keep playing among themselves and the game is certainly less welcoming than in the past.
    Any evidence that the userbase is shrinking, beyond the anecdotal? If you can't prove it, your comment is without value.

Sup pink neckbrace

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofcrowley
    I was thinking, and have thought up the idea that maybe, when Arthas killed Illidan, he actually stole the last Vial from Illidan and used it on Bolvar, along with currupting his soul, but this is just a hunch lol what do u guys think? it would be even awesomer if Lavaman was actually Illidan... but thats impossible... or is it?????????
    arthas never killed illidan he defeated him than illidan ran like the the wuss he is :P
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat
    I really hope we redeem bolvar if we fight him...killing him would kinda suck imo
    If Arthas isn't being redeemed, neither is a man made of fire.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate
    Any evidence that the userbase is shrinking, beyond the anecdotal? If you can't prove it, your comment is without value.
    You can't have evidence, as the only possible source is Blizzard, and they will NEVER release info about how their userbase shrinks.

You just need to be awake and look around, see how many raiding guilds are left on your server compared to, say, late TBC/early WotLK, take a stroll in Dalaran on a friday night or simply look at the amount of battleground queues. It doesn't take a genious, and it's blatantly obvious. I'm not even sure the number of accounts is sensibly dropping, but server activity took a nosedive.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll

Wow, the pally helm looks pretty awesome seeing it close and angled like that.

I think the Priest T10 looks mage/wizardish.

Even though love high fantasy crazy outfits or outfits with more detail like Priest T5 and 6...I must say this Priest T10 is pretty cool looking still.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Hope that one of festergut or rotfaces model is placeholder, because unless its one encounter with with teleport mechanic, it would be epic fail, to give two bosses same models..

If it was one encounter, it could mean that our bolvar is secret suprise boss after Saurfang.

Damn its so exiting, speculate what is the fate of young paladin, if we will get there before hes turned into undead burning lavaman deathknight. I hope not because it would be riddicoulous.

Right, so they're removing the exalted requirements for AB/WSG/AV because?... I'm usually one to take all this "catering to casuals" business with a grain of salt but this one really gets me.

The Battlemaster achievement is only an achievement because getting exalted with WSG and AB factions respectively takes alot of TIME and EFFORT. Now it is purely reduced to whether you'll get lucky with a 1600-1590 win in AB in the next year or so.

about 9/21k to exalted with the WSG faction, 3/21k to exalted with the AB faction, FYI, not crying or qqing because I have it and noone else should. Its just that every achievement that takes a massive amount of work becomes an achievement because of that massive amount of work. When it is reduced, the achievement itself becomes watered down in terms of what it is worth to oneself, and to others.

gg.

I think pala looks really hot, if u get the right perspective

Actually, from the screenshots it seems like only the dungeon is random, not the group itself.

The only definitive rewards from specficially pugging (as far as I know) are an achievement and a non-combat pet. Which, of course, are completely optional and even helpful to those only interested in raiding.
    Did you look at the SS's? "You will also receive the following rewards.They SCALE with the number of RANDOM players in your group: " (money being the only option to be seen from the SS, possible others when scrolling down?

but server activity took a nosedive.
    Your server isn't an indication of worldwide, though I'm not arguing with you. I don't agree that less people PuG either, especially compared to TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    If the paladin helm is not a bug, I may end up deleting my paladin.
    Man. Just choose to not display your helmet in the interface options?
    The rest of the set looks pretty decent if you ask me! Should've been recolored tho, green would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic
    ZOMG alextrasza burned everyone who was hit with the plague including bolvar fordragon and this charred lava man that remains is the risen Highlord Bolvar Fordragon under the Lich Kings control. Ahhhh he lives!
    i somehow still dont understand why are ppl thinking that the "lavaman" is under LK control... do u think about what you write? did u played WotLK? Did u saw the intro?
    LK turns back after the plague attacks... he is not risinig anyone
    Dragons fly over and burn down everything... LK is nowhere
    still you claim the "burned "lavaman"" is under control of LK? What?
    AFAIK Alexstrasza is NOT under the control of LK so when the dragon fire raised anything from the injured corpses there it will surely not be under the controll of LK but more under the control of the dragon queen...

lolys... there are rly too many ... nah... worthless to comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sonofcrowley
    I was thinking, and have thought up the idea that maybe, when Arthas killed Illidan, he actually stole the last Vial from Illidan and used it on Bolvar, along with currupting his soul, but this is just a hunch lol what do u guys think? it would be even awesomer if Lavaman was actually Illidan... but thats impossible... or is it?????????
    You might have jumped the gun there, being as Arthas never killed Illidan they had combat and Illidan was defeated and told never to come back or he'd finsh him off, which is when he went to hide in outland.

And you must of missed the burning crusade, after those events where illidan was a boss and alive at the time..
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by samuraiAce
    I think pala looks really hot, if u get the right perspective

Not bad. Just curious, but how do y'all get these screenshots? :O I'd assume a model viewer of some sort of course, but if it's "the" WoWModelViewer, I can't figure it out. Then, I also can't keep it stable enough not to crash randomly, but that's besides the point >_>

The Form of the Frost Giant trinket is awesome; not only will you look cool ... but it provides +600 strength for its duration!

I wonder if you'll grow to Frost Giant size, or if you'll just look like one.

All of the "form of the ____" trinkets are very cool. I wish there were more of them!
    Hunter 85 | Warlock 85 | Shaman 85 | Mage 85 | Druid 85 | Death Knight 85 | Paladin 77 | Warrior 70 | Rogue 60 | Priest 29

You can't have evidence, as the only possible source is Blizzard, and they will NEVER release info about how their userbase shrinks.

You just need to be awake and look around, see how many raiding guilds are left on your server compared to, say, late TBC/early WotLK, take a stroll in Dalaran on a friday night or simply look at the amount of battleground queues. It doesn't take a genious, and it's blatantly obvious. I'm not even sure the number of accounts is sensibly dropping, but server activity took a nosedive.
    It's absolutely not blatantly obvious. Every server has a different number of raiding guilds, people transfer, guilds combine and become larger, etc. Heirloom items make more people go off and level alts.

Just because you seem to remember more people around before doesn't really mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by norokelt
    i somehow still dont understand why are ppl thinking that the "lavaman" is under LK control... do u think about what you write? did u played WotLK? Did u saw the intro?
    LK turns back after the plague attacks... he is not risinig anyone
    Dragons fly over and burn down everything... LK is nowhere
    still you claim the "burned "lavaman"" is under control of LK? What?
    AFAIK Alexstrasza is NOT under the control of LK so when the dragon fire raised anything from the injured corpses there it will surely not be under the controll of LK but more under the control of the dragon queen...

lolys... there are rly too many ... nah... worthless to comment
    On the main page just a little while ago, a conversation between Arthas, and Saurfang takes place, with the SS. It tells of how Arthas has Bolvar alive in ICC, and is ATTEMPTING to bring him under his control - you storm the place in an attempt to stop this - we don't know for sure if he'll become a boss after finally succumbing, or an NPC to help in the instance, or both, or neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    On the main page just a little while ago, a conversation between Arthas, and Saurfang takes place, with the SS. It tells of how Arthas has Bolvar alive in ICC, and is ATTEMPTING to bring him under his control - you storm the place in an attempt to stop this - we don't know for sure if he'll become a boss after finally succumbing, or an NPC to help in the instance, or both, or neither.
    Basically, you just said Bolvar could be everything or nothing

Anyway, I agree with the Bolvar theory that he is in fact Lavaman. I find it weird that people were so fast to forget (or just didn't read the spoiler) regarding the dialog upon ICC entrance (where bolvar shouts).

It's absolutely not blatantly obvious. Every server has a different number of raiding guilds, people transfer, guilds combine and become larger, etc. Heirloom items make more people go off and level alts.

Just because you seem to remember more people around before doesn't really mean anything.
    Your word is worth as much as mine, but I'm confident my own experience on several servers and that of most of the people I play with back up my word. I'm not even engaging in a silly dialectic e-argument about silly evidence - my server is one of the servers where people transfer TO recently and doing a /who Shaman 80 at prime time often gets you less than the 49 results cap.
    My battlegroup is one of the biggest ones in Europe and while I can't really log during the day, this is the first time in my wow experience (and I started in 2005) where I see 3 AVs being up and less than 10 battlegrounds in the Daily BG category.

It's a pointless argument - we will never have evidence. If your experience tells you different, more power to you, but allow me to be skeptical.

I thought mister lavaman was Neltharion, Mr. Deathwing.

But after looking around I remembered http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=33442 , and I've realized that this is indeed Bolvar. Corrupted or not, this almost definately is Bolvar. Though I would be suprised if he was corrupted, seeing as how he was a very strong paladin.

It would be AMAZING if while fighting the Lich King, Tirion was struck down and Arthas got all "Hehe you ain't got nothin' on me noaw, biitcheez!!" and goes all super-stabby-kill, and then Bolvar comes in stumbling and such, picks up Ashbringer and deals the final blow to Arthas.