Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Come on guys, you miss the whole well constructed plot.

Bolvar Fordragon is the key element of the whole fight against Arthas. As a paladin he knows that true Retribution demands sacrifices.

I'll explain to you the secret master plan.

Bolvar Fordragon works together with Alexstrasza. In a secret council they decide, that there is only one way to get rid of Arthas. To start the conflict between Horde and Alliance again. Split up, both factions have to increase their strength and army and get strong to attack Icecrown Citadel.
    Infiltrating Icecrown citadel was nearly impossible so Alexstrasza and Bolvar used the trick of: "OH NO I'M DYING, CAPTURE ME!", while being burnt with the Flame of Life to conserve and even increase Bolvar's power. Alexstrasza's amulet is in fact a communicator directly linked to Bolvar. Now Tirion Fordring enters the stage.
    Fordring's task is to bring the Ashbringer to Icecrown Citadel. When he meets Bolvar inside, after mocking Arthas and playing theatre (OH NO I WILL RESIST), Fordring gives the Ashbringer to Bolvar, because damn as a Lavaman, burnt in the fire of the Dragonlady, tortured by Arthas, he looks much more like the Ashbringer then Tirion does. Imbued with the power of the Dragonfire, combined with insider knowledge, due to his infiltration and combined with the power of the Ashbringer, in addition to his true path of Retribution, he kicks Arthas' ass.

Easy to figure out.

Got a look at the new LFG system and took some pics.

Once you choose the "Find Group" option it starts finding other players.

Group readycheck.

The Enter Dungeon button should teleport you to the instance, but it was bugged for us.

We got ToC hc but as i said was pretty buggy and we had to go through some hoops to actually do the instance (like entering a working instance to use the "teleport to instance" button of the new lfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lór

Bolvar Fordragon is the key element of the whole fight against Arthas. As a paladin he knows that true Retribution demands sacrifices.

Bolvar Fordragon works together with Alexstrasza. In a secret council they decide, that there is only one way to get rid of Arthas. To start the conflict between Horde and Alliance again. Split up, both factions have to increase their strength and army and get strong to attack Icecrown Citadel.
    Infiltrating Icecrown citadel was nearly impossible so Alexstrasza and Bolvar used the trick of: "OH NO I'M DYING, CAPTURE ME!", while being burnt with the Flame of Life to conserve and even increase Bolvar's power. Alexstrasza's amulet is in fact a communicator directly linked to Bolvar. Now Tirion Fordring enters the stage.
    Fordring's task is to bring the Ashbringer to Icecrown Citadel. When he meets Bolvar inside, after mocking Arthas and playing theatre (OH NO I WILL RESIST), Fordring gives the Ashbringer to Bolvar, because damn as a Lavaman, burnt in the fire of the Dragonlady, tortured by Arthas, he looks much more like the Ashbringer then Tirion does. Imbued with the power of the Dragonfire, combined with insider knowledge, due to his infiltration and combined with the power of the Ashbringer, in addition to his true path of Retribution, he kicks Arthas' ass.

Easy to figure out.
    I would come if this was true. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    If the paladin helm is not a bug, I may end up deleting my paladin.
    Working as intended.

Quite pissed about Battlemaster achivement. ive got all the achivements but exalted and im 17k off AB/WSG exalted and quite frankly i dont want it. When i log in on 3.3 patch day and get the achivement i know it wont feel the same and it was just handed to me for free.

Paladin T10...
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    I think it's easier to assume that a shield resisted the fire than postulating that a lich king servant could sneak through closed gates and recover a body while being hit directly by the breath of a Dragon Aspect who projected an aura that would make it impossible to even mount.

There was also a pretty big bucket of flowers were Bolvar died. The simpliest assumption is that originally Blizzard didn't think of it, or wanted Bolvar's death to be merely the fuel for the Alliance vs Horde plotline. Somewhere around Ulduar they decided to reuse Bolvar, and here we are.

If they had it planned from the beginning, then it goes from shoddy storytelling to shoddy storytelling. You tell me what kind of Lich King servant could stand up to a Dragon Aspect and run away without even opening the gates.
    Alexstraza can also be a dragon in one place, and be a blood elf in another, in the same zone, at the same time...

The only reason alex has been standing there FOR ALMOST A YEAR, is because they wanted you to still have access to the cinematic and the details of what was going on there... I mean seriously, you think she has just been standing there for a year.. doing nothing... I mean maybe her and that uppity consort of hers got freaky a few times out there, but I doubt it.

No, she would have left long ago, and left the place empty, and the Lich king would have had easy access to walk out of the door and snag bolvar's corpse. I mean even in game its been months and months since she landed there... the battle for the undercity took place, naxxramas sartharion and malygos all fell, the ulduar battles all took place and were defeated, AN ENTIRE COLISEUM WAS BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP.. do you really think shes just been standing there picking her nose this entire time?

ermm wtf do I see 2 frost emblems for a daily heroic ?
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    We all hate you for looking so awesome in this armor including Blizzard. so they decided to only give you shitty sets from then on, you had enough! (Also the T10 helm could still make it good)
    T10 priest "helm" is already there, it's not really a helm, it's just a poor collar. I was hoping that after t1/2/4 we'll never have to look at those wannabe helms again :/
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

imo the paladin set looks pro. if only they would close the helm (cus the burning skull looks awsome) and get rid of that stupid looking chin piece then id be one extremely happy paladin. as it looks now i think i may have to go without showing the helm i think. but the rest of the set looks cool and is extremely detailed - thumbs up!

and thats blatenly Bolvar i mean theres to much to say it is - the cloth around his waist is the same on lavaman as it is on bolvar the armor (that remains) has the same kinda style / decoration that bolvar does and the fact he is burning fits the "toasted by red dragon fire" theme.

if its not him then im betting on deathwing in human form but thats highly unlikely and i cant see why they would implement something like that this early before the release of cata
    This is the point where /headdesk doesn't quite cut it... So I start using /bodywall

Quote Originally Posted by Kaire

No, she would have left long ago, and left the place empty, and the Lich king would have had easy access to walk out of the door and snag bolvar's corpse. I mean even in game its been months and months since she landed there... the battle for the undercity took place, naxxramas sartharion and malygos all fell, the ulduar battles all took place and were defeated, AN ENTIRE COLISEUM WAS BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP.. do you really think shes just been standing there picking her nose this entire time?
    Ok.

And during this time, none of the good guys would have come to pick up Bolvar's body? Guess he went with the environment?

The body isn't there DURING the sequence. So either it was destroyed, or we have a shoddy plothole.

Quote Originally Posted by Lór

Easy to figure out.
    Interesting ideas, and could very well play out that way. People often talk about Ashbringer as if it were only a sword, but the man who wielded it also was. Maybe Bolvar has become the next Ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by analogfantasies
    Interesting ideas, and could very well play out that way. People often talk about Ashbringer as if it were only a sword, but the man who wielded it also was. Maybe Bolvar has become the next Ashbringer.
    I haven't read the comics, but Bolvar is a relatively minor character in the lore. Tirion seems a more suited champion. Bolvar's narrative strength is his presence in the experience of alliance players (like in the Onyxia questline). It's like Saurfang for horde, they're relatively unimportant storywise but players are very fond of them, and thus they can play well in rescue/revenge plotline.

The Ashbringer is more the man then the sword. According to lore lord Alexandros Mograine turned to ashes thousands and thousands of the scourge without even touching his sword.
    Its unlikely that Bolvar is the next Ashbringer but it sounds really cool

Is that Ja Ja Binx (sp) on top of the paladin's head?

The achievements to get exalted with the Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley factions have been removed from their respective “Master of” meta-achievements. Special titles will be offered to those who reach exalted with these factions.

Not in this build they arn't/
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

well I'll bet all my gold on Bolavar Man, cause of their facial feature! Ok it's not 100% similarity but we have to keep in mind that the alive Bolvar was made 5 years ago hence the texture resolution is a lot better on his sixth-degree burned body...

foreheads (yellow) could with some imagination have the same characteristic.
    nose (green) well not as wide as it used to be but, in that kind of heat, some of the flesh MUST have melted.
    wrinkles (red) resolution issue + the beard covers them before the major makeover!
    lover part of the mouth + chin (blue) 99.99999% similarity, it's the good old Bolvar....!!!

(ps.yeah i know real life scale for burn damage classification ends at fourth but hey he was breathed on by a dwwwwwagon! that has to have an exaggerated class of it's own! )

10+ Year Old Account

Bolvar = lavaman

Quote Originally Posted by Kila
    Got a look at the new LFG system and took some pics.

Once you choose the "Find Group" option it starts finding other players.

Group readycheck.

The Enter Dungeon button should teleport you to the instance, but it was bugged for us.

We got ToC hc but as i said was pretty buggy and we had to go through some hoops to actually do the instance (like entering a working instance to use the "teleport to instance" button of the new lfg.
    Teleport to instance? That's freakin awesome! No more waiting for two lazy asses out of five to get there and summon!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

For the People that are thinking that Lavaman is Deathwing.... GTFO.... 2 reasons why that is not even remotely possible.
    1. Deathwing is still in Grim Batol, when he breaks through Grim batol then it might be possible for him to actually change into a different form and walk on Azeroth...
    2. Deathwing is going to be a main focus within Cataclysm... not fricken WOTLK... Its Bolvar, your arent factoring in the fact that maybe Alex has some stake in letting Arthas take Bolvars body, or maybe he didn't need all of it, I mean he is the almighty lich king after all, and with all of the Draconic energies swirling around in Bolvar's body, it could have the kind of out come that is presented as Lavaman.

Regaurdless, the T10 stuff looks pretty well, some of it like the priest one looks like they didn't put much thought into it, or just plain got lazy, I don't see why more ppl arent talking about the Warrior T10, looks like one of the more finished designs, and for ONCE we get a 2 and 4 set worthy of getting!!!!!! Pally T10 looks alright, but don't look fully finished, will probably end up with brighter colors unless thats the prot/ret masking, holy will definetly need to be brightened up, same as the priest.

Also, just wanted to add this in there, the boots with each of the sets seem to blend in very well, not sure if that's hinting towards a possible 6-8 set tiers, or if its simply just Boub just putting some boots on them that match up really well, it would be awesome to get do the old BT-SWP thing... ahhhh BCness was uber awesome.... still wish that T6 was a viable option to raid with lol, I still say that blizz needs to add in a profession that allows you to change the colors on your gear, or at least add that to a profession like Tailoring or make it a secondary profession... *hint* *hint* they should have done that a looooooooong time ago....