Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

well, im gonna say it since i know at least one other person is thinking it, bolvar fordragon = deathwing

Just totally hating the Priest t10, it looks so much like a mage set that I will when taking off my items and putting on this.... Was really expecting something inspired by Val'kyr but of course it couldn't be.... Screw these sets.

Omg!

I am sure that the lavaman is Bolvar!

Look at this comparason: http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Immolate..._Fordragon.jpg

Then look at "lavaman" again: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...er/lavaman.jpg

...And as if this visual stuff aint enough, think back to wrathgate, and remember the dragons.

Think again and read this:
    Korialstrasz says: My Queen, do they know?
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: No, my beloved.
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: [Draconic] Ashj zila gul kirasath lok ante il lok buras danashj Gul gul
    Korialstrasz nods.
    Korialstrasz says: They will not.
    Alexstrasza whispers: Come to me, <name>.

Now what does "Ashj zila gul kirasath lok ante il lok buras danashj Gul gul" mean?

Dataminers A.K.A one of my friends, managed to lore-mine the rough translation as:

Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.

Might I ask what is going on???

Ok. for 3 years now me and many others have watched blizz favor mellee classes and mages. How about the blizz team actually spend some time on the forgotten classes like shamans and priests. And i don't mean giving them half asked spells like Hex. There are other classes that are played...not just Dk's and bubble boys (pallies). I have invested just as many hours as these other players that roll with these mellee toons, and to be honest its a bit of a kick in the face seeing all these buffs and time spent going to these toons.... FAIR GO BLIZZ!!!!

This is what i think may have happened Sad

Bolvar at wrathgate unharmed
    Bolvar gets killed by the plague
    Bolvar gets incinerated by the red dragons flame but it also brings him partially back to life
    scourge come out after the burning to see if theirs anything to salvage
    scourge see bolvar is alive and they drag him into icecrown citadel.
    The dragon queen sees them taking bolvar jsut before the door shuts
    The dragon queen lands and gives you a quest
    you go on your merry way while cursing the forsaken
    Whoever said this is absolutely right. I would like to also add that when the dragons land they know that he is alive, and all that we see left is his shield. Which means the dragons probably saw one of LK's minions carring his body off as they were scorching the place.

Now I'm saying Lavaman IS Bolvar, some people believe that he is deathwing, this is still a possibility, but not likely. The only way for Lavaman to be deathwing, is for bolvar to be deathwing. Since lavaman is Bolvar.

Now I have a little bit of theoycrafting.
    I believe that we will have to face Bolvar, we will get to him and he will be like "kill me! Kill me before I succumb to Arthas' power", but no one will want to so he will attack us forcing us to fight him. When we win, Trion will come and give him a blessing or use some type of cleansing holy power on him turning him somewhat back to normal. When Bolvar comes to his senses he will stand up and ask Trion to allow him to fight along side Trion in the fight against Arthas. Trion will go on one of his long speeches about him being some warrior whose dedication to the light is unwavering and to honor this man bla bla bla, Then Trion will request some solders to go retrieve his old shield and to go get the completed Quel'delaer, saying that Bolvar should use it and help lead and unite the alliance and horde forces together against the LK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlak
    It's all irrelevant to be honest. In the coming expansion, some random Joe Sixpack quest giver will still be ordering me, the godslaying lich-king defeating badass, to do some random poop-related quests.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Lysonder

I'm going to throw in my two cents here...

Look closely at mr lava man aka Bolvar. Does that model look like charred flesh? Does he look undead?

No, no he doesn't.

What does he look like then?

A titan.

So here's my thought... When Alextrasia, The Life-Binder, breathed on him (when her dragons burnt away the plague) she cured him of the Curse of Flesh.

Honestly what I think is that it looks more like he is burning from the inside out, something Arthas probably cursed him with while trying to break his will. (and yes the black flesh looks like charred flesh to me personally)

Too many people see the flames and are like "Omg Arthas is like Mr. Iceman, he couldn't have done this!" Arthas is not the "Ice King" he is the Lich King, although he has powers of frost, it doesn't mean that's all he has. Arthas even admits that he really has fucked Bolvar up when you enter ICC, I think this really looks like it fits IMO.
    It's all irrelevant to be honest. In the coming expansion, some random Joe Sixpack quest giver will still be ordering me, the godslaying lich-king defeating badass, to do some random poop-related quests.

I have to just /facepalm @ these comments about deathwing and sargeras. I really hope ppl arent being serious, that its just a horrible joke, like the pink mouthpiece on pally armor.

This is wrath of LICH KING, which ends in the defeat of ONE big bad main opponent. The LICH KING.

Next expansion is about Deathwing, and again, just to clarify, cause ppl are slow. Next EXPANSION main bad guy is Deathwing. Now what kinda idiotic, retarded, most moronic game designer ever would put a main villain of next expansion in current game content. He would be some random semi boss we step over on our road to lich king? How sad would it feel when cataclysm launches and deathwing emerges and ppl go "oh wait, didnt we just kill you in icercrown? gtfo!" ........ Just sigh........

And even sadder guess, Sargeras. The supreme bad guy in all the universe. Once oart of the great Pantheon, their ultimate warrior, supreme commander of burning legion which commands thousands of worlds................... And ur guess is that game designers put him as some miniboss before lich king???

I just wanna cry myself to sleep sometimes when i think about average wow gamer.

Then Trion will request some solders to go retrieve his old shield and to go get the completed Quel'delaer, saying that Bolvar should use it and help lead and unite the alliance and horde forces together against the LK.
    No.

There will be no uniting. Next expansion is gonna be full out war with Horde and Alliance, uniting at the end of Lich King expansion doesnt work at all for the continuity of the lore.

No.

There will be no uniting. Next expansion is gonna be full out war with Horde and Alliance, uniting at the end of Lich King expansion doesnt work at all for the continuity of the lore
    I meant for only inside ICC.

The horde guy, Saurfang (idk how its spelled) and Bolvar were making great strides in bettering relations between the horde and the alliance, then when they died, all hell broke loose. In the quest lines they keep saying that its been foreseen, that only when the alliance and horde come together that we will be able to defeat the Lich king. Also the other Saurfang guy (idk much about horde chars i'm guessing they were brothers or something) Talks about rescuing Bolvar and how it will help bring the sides together in the fight.

The has been alot of times in the lore where the horde and alliance came together to fight an evil, while afterwards break right back into fighting each other.

Plus the conflicts on Cataclysm will be because of the Varian and Garrosh.

I agree that while this may not be perfect in looking like a man burned by fire we have to remember this is a video game and much of it is stylized. So I am inclined to agree with everyone who says this is Bolvar.

My thought here though is that this will not end well with rainbows, puppy dogs and cookies. I think the idea of Arthas and/or one of his minions pulled him from the total destruction from the dragon fire. I can see this happening: between the torture he undoubtedly received at the hands of the Lich King, and the possible perceived betrayal of the dragons (this isn't exactly what I mean but I'm having a hard time putting into words what I see happening in my head) Bolvar becoming the next Lich King, or at least turning the bend. It's always a good story arch, one that adds drama, when even the best of us can be lured in by the light.

This can be a big turning point. Seeing a 'good man' become evil can depress the Alliance, and seeing a human, yet again, turn and become a keeper of abominations can egg on the New, New Horde to even greater hatred. Seeing a depressed Alliance, and a Horde that is even less trusting can be a perfect Azeroth for Deathwing, Neltharion, to unleash his wrath upon.

I know much of Cataclysm story and lore has been data mined, or somehow found, and this isn't part of what I've seen, but I think it might be interesting. In epic stories, not all good guys are good, not all bad guys are all that bad, and not all people are worthy of redemption. Bolvar was an epic leader that inspired many, Alliance and Horde, and seeing him turned, yet another Paladin become the embodiment of evil on Azeroth, can leave the world ripe for picking.

That lava dude is definitely Bolvar. A burnt up looking undead guy, who else could it be. Saurfang the Younger is a possibility but the body shape doesn't match up. Plus we know Bolvar is in Icecrown. I gotta applaud Blizzard on the nice looking model. They could have been lame and just took the Bolvar model and gave him a paler skin tone. That would have been lazy and not made much sense considering the whole Wrathgate scene, including Bolvar, was burnt to a crisp. And yea I gotta agree some of these ideas are terrible. I've see on various WoW boards people can give some really bad ideas and suggestions. Like those people who say Arch-Druid could be a future hero class. Some people really don't think before they post some of this stuff.
    http://thegamerclown.blogspot.com
    News, reviews, and plenty of gaming humor. New posts every Sunday.
    Latest Post: April 28, 2011 "Spine Ripping Good Fun"

it's deathwing in human form... cmon ppl pay attention. what's this nonesense with bolvar?
    what does lava have to do with the lich king? why would he turn someone into lava? pteh

edit: i've read through the thread a bit.. i see what u mean. xD but if u remember the vision in yogg saron, u can see the siluete(?) of bolvar and hes armor and hair is intact

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    Cmooooon shaman tier !!

CMON ALREADY WHY DO WE ALWAYS WAIT TILL LAST!

I know how you feel but you have enough gear mr hybrid panda shaman youtube star.
    But leme know what your spec and glyphs are up to now k.

Look at this comparason: http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Immolate..._Fordragon.jpg

Then look at "lavaman" again: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...er/lavaman.jpg

...And as if this visual stuff aint enough, think back to wrathgate, and remember the dragons.

Think again and read this:
    Korialstrasz says: My Queen, do they know?
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: No, my beloved.
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: [Draconic] Ashj zila gul kirasath lok ante il lok buras danashj Gul gul
    Korialstrasz nods.
    Korialstrasz says: They will not.
    Alexstrasza whispers: Come to me, <name>.

Now what does "Ashj zila gul kirasath lok ante il lok buras danashj Gul gul" mean?

The rough translation is:

Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.